Mistletoe

12 days of Christmas with Seventeen

“There, all done.” His stylist backs away, looking satisfied. They’re preparing for the first ever Christmas concert, and it’s finally Jeonghan’s turn to be done. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Soonyoung in the swivel chair next to him lean back to check him over.

“Wait, let me-“ Soonyoung leans over and does something with his bangs.

“Well, how do I look?”

Soonyoung gives him a cheeky thumbs up, and pushes him out the door before he can take a good look at himself. Joshua is waiting as usual for him outside, his makeup and hair perfectly done already. The auburn hair shines red and gold even in the mundane lights of the hallway, and Jeonghan thinks this autumnal style suits him well. Then again, anything seems to suit the gentleman well, with his big doe eyes and kind smile as their eyes meet. Joshua is giving him a funny look now though.

 “Is there something wrong?”

Suddenly he’s being dragged away by his hand into a corner. His hair is being brushed away from his face.

“You .. do you want this?”

“Wha-what? “ The amber-haired boy is crowding into his space, their lips a breath away. How had he known? His heart is beating in his throat so hard he cannot speak. Jeonghan just nods, eyes wide.

Joshua leans forwards, his lips brushing against Jeonghan’s. Just that little contact, a bit of pressure, and Jeonghan feels like he’s melted away, like a snowflake dissolving with a single touch. Joshua’s hand is cradling his chin and it feels like that’s the only thing holding him up as Jeonghan sags backwards.

“You… you knew?”

Joshua’s cheeks are tinted pink. “I had an inkling… and you had this today.” The hand moves to brush at his bangs, and suddenly his hair feels lighter. Jeonghan looks in wonder at the little green branch resting in Joshua’s hand.

“How did that get there?”

“It’s mistletoe. If two people meet under a branch of it, they have to kiss,” explains Joshua, incredulously. “So you didn’t put this in your hair?”

A laugh bubbles out from Jeonghan. He knows who his cupid is, and though he’s embarrassed, he’s glad to have a thoughtful friend like Soonyoung.

“I didn’t, but now that I know…” Jeonghan gently takes the greenery and affixes it in Joshua’s hair, then pulls him in for another kiss, much deeper and longer than the last.