CHAPTER II : Meeting Mister Kim

To Call My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER II : Meeting Mister Kim

 

 

 

"I really don't know what to do anymore.. I don't want to lose him.." Chanyeol says as he finishes his second glass of alcohol.

 

"So you're saying that your friend,Sehun, suggested that your husband should try it with his friend? And this friend is looking for someone to carry his child but with no strings attached? He just wants to splurge on a child? Who on earth wants that?!" Jongin spits out as Chanyeol just nods on his every question.

 

Jongin is Chanyeol's most trusted buddy at work. Jongin maybe a coltish bachelor, but he understands and respects  the sanctity of marriage. He's always been there for Chanyeol when the guy is going nuts on his married life.



Chanyeol's brows meet, "I know! Who in the right mind would look for a baby mommy and want to leave the child to grow up in a different home when he obviously can raise it?! What's the point of looking for someone to impregnate and wouldn't really take the child that he wants to have in the first place? Someone who's just looking for a mere vessel to breed into?!" He urges Jongin to pour him some more vodka.

 

Jongin's deep in thought, "But then, if this 'man' is really willing to give his child, and if it's the only option left, don't you think you guys should give it a try?"








"Oh! What a cutie pie!" Baekhyun left Chanyeol side to approach the other shopper with a baby.

 

"Hi! She's looking at my bracelet! You want to play with it?" Baek was so into the baby to even bother looking at his husband who's now behind him holding the ice cream he asked for.

 

Chanyeol had to make his presence known, "She probably likes the rattling sound."

 

"Honey you're here! I hope our baby will be like her! Isn't she so adorable?" Baek beams at his better half.

 

"I'm pretty sure no matter the gender of your child to be is, she'll be as stunning as her parents are." The baby's mom says.



As days go on by, Chanyeol notices Baek's thirst for a child growing and growing more. Everytime they pass by the baby department of a mall, anything that catches Baek's eyes, that involves a child, Chanyeol would notice Baek staring into thin air.

 

Gradually more instances happen that made Chanyeol even guilty for not being able to give Baekhyun a child of his own.

 

He noticed how Baek's joyous demeanour isn't as sincere as it was once. Baekhyun may still be Baekhyun, but it's lacking. He felt that the Baekhyun he fell in love with is slipping away.

 

And their parents nagging isn't helping, "You've been married for five years Channi, when will you and my Baekhyunie give me grandchildren? Your mom and I are itching to see a child running into our arms and calling us 'halmeoni' everytime we visit here."







At times Chanyeol would leave the house, even if it's late at night, just to think. Sometimes not going back.

 

Baekhyun would wake up without a husband by his side. When this happens, he goes out looking for his missing Chanyeol. He doesn't care if he goes out half or looking like a mess, as long as he sees Chanyeol, he'll be at ease. There are times he'll see Chanyeol asleep just in front of their gate. At times he'll see his Chanyeol at the park, sleeping. Sleeping anywhere but beside him. If not asleep still wide awake pondering about something.

 

Chanyeol can't take the fact that due to his infertility, it might cause the end of the home he strived to perfect for Baek. Seeing his spouse's yearning makes him more vulnerable.

 

There are moments that Chanyeol would come home from work drunk. And as soon as he sees his spouse he would just fall on his knees,cry and apologies at Baek's feet. Though it's completely out of his character, other times he would come home and trash the place. His sanity is slipping away. When he comes to his senses, he too was shock to see what he had done.

 

Baekhyun notices that Chanyeol comes home usually reeking with the smell of alcohol. He wants to ease his husband's worries but he's not sure of what Chanyeol is even worrying himself about.

 

"I love you so much Chanyeol this baby thing isn't really important to me any more, if that's what you're bothered about. I'm happy with just us. As long as we're still together Chanyeol."

 

Baekhyun always says this to his husband, everytime Chanyeol has a meltdown. Though he never fails to remind Chanyeol that he loves him and he's happy as long as they're still together. It doesn't go through Chanyeol's very thick skull.









There are moments where Chanyeol will watch Baek sleep, even talk to the fella in slumber.

 

"You know that I love you no matter what, right? I'll take all the pain just for you.. I'll do anything just to make your dreams come true.. I'm doing this for the family that we're longing for.." Chanyeol says as he gently caresses Baekhyun's sleeping face.

 

As he observes Baek's face, he sees that it wasn't as vibrant as it was in the early times of their relationship. Baekhyun is looking more and more tired. His once bright and cheerful geste can't hide it anymore. His loneliness is showing. He feels like he is the cause of all of Baeks stresses.

 

But this one day, as Chanyeol cherishes the peaceful sight of his spouse sleeping, "I'm going to think about this hard.. I love you so much that it hurts me so much to see you like this.. I'm willing to go through this pain to complete the home you're meant to have.." He kissed his other half's forehead and left.









"Well it's nice to finally meet you Mr. Park, though isn't it uncunny for us to talk at the wee hours of the morning? Good thing my restaurant is still open." A man says as he enters the room.

 

"Let's go straight to the point of this gathering." Chanyeol says curtly, ignoring the hand that was held out for him to shake.

 

As the man takes his seat, "So Mr. Park, what do you want to discuss about?"

 

Their conversation went on for a while, this man is apparently a daegun heir. He already had a lot of failed relationships. Basically because all his past just wanted him for his money. Now that he reached the age of wanting to settle down, he can't, there's no one for him. He decided not to even bother looking for a wife or love anymore. He mentions to Sehun how he wants to have a child, but because of his state he can't just have a child popping out without a wife. Hence, Sehun suggesting the baby momma thing. He's okay with giving the Parks his child. As long as he can still be a father, somehow, to the child, eventhough the child doesn't know who he really is.

 

The meeting ended with Chanyeol saying and leaving the man with just, "well it was nice to know you Mr. Kim."



Heading home, he's pondering i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter