CHAPTER I : Young Love

To Call My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


They have no permanent address. He works part time anywhere there is an opening, that is, any place near where he is at the moment. Byun Baekhyun isn't really born well off as the others were. His parents’ salary is just enough for their daily needs. That's why he works part time.

 

Baekbom, his older brother, he serves as Baekhyun’s inspiration. Baekbom graduated and now works in a law firm. He achieved everything he dreamt of by striving really hard while he was still in school. And that's what Baekhyun is doing. Working his off so he can fill in what his parents can't give him. The difference between him and his brother is that he doesn't work just for his own good but to provide for his parents too, unlike his brother who left them when he finally had his own stable real salary. Baekhyun wants to take care of his parents as well.

 

He stopped going to school during junior year in high school when his father had a heart attack. He wanted to help with the bills so he opted to start working full time. His mom insisted for him to just go to class, but he couldn’t stand seeing his dad’s situation. He just promised his mom that he will still continue his studies, he'll just repeat the next year. For the mean time he wanted to help with the payments.

 

During that year there was an opening for a restaurant near his dream school. The owner was so impressed with the boy’s enthusiasm, he offered him a scholarship in his dream school. Baek could go back to studying!







Baekhyun wasn't originally part of the clique. Back in highschool it was always Chen, Sehun and Chanyeol.

Chen and Sehun knew that Chanyeol had a crush on Baekhyun ever since the lad moved in to their school. Chen convinced Yeol to just let the feelings pass, since they were graduating from high school. What would happen to Baek and Yeol if they do get together after that? Plus Baekhyun wasn't financially well, what future would Chanyeol have with him? But Sehun pushed Chanyeol to follow his heart, though he couldn't deny the fact that Chen may be right about the other thing, since they're going to a community college.

Little did they all know that Baekhyun likes Chanyeol too.

Sehun can't help seeing the situation, Chanyeol deciding to ignore his feelings for Baek, and Baekhyun, well he's getting himself close to Yeol even though Chanyeol gives him a cold shoulder. Sehun thought of a plan, befriending Beakhyun, keeping in touch.

Graduation comes, everyone's writing on everyone's uniform. Sehun pulled Baek to Yeol. Chanyeol decided to write his love confession and apology on Baek's uniform. Good thing the back still had a preoccupied space enough for him to write.
 
'Baek you don't know how much I adore you since the first time my eyes lay on you. I didn't mean to give you a hard time dealing with me. You're the most beautiful thing that I ever saw. As the time pass, I learned that your beauty wasn't just on the outside, but skin deep. It made me like you more. That smile of yours.. your eyes that sparkle... I know I won't see you anymore after this. I'm graduating and you.. You still have one more year left in highschool. That's why I decided to keep it in, my feelings for you. People may say that this is just puppy love, but how come it feels like something more? I'm not asking you to like me too, I just want to let you know before I go..

 

I love you Byun Baekhyun and I'm sorry for not telling you until now. Good bye.'

 

Chanyeol left the school grounds after writing on Baek's shirt. He's afraid of of how Baek will react.








A year or so had passed, as usual Chen was top of the batch again. Sehun nags why he always gets a low score even though his 2 hyungs always tutors him. Chanyeol's heart still belongs to Baek,though they never heard from each other since graduation. Chanyeol still thinks about Baekhyun most of the time.

 

Every Wednesday the three have the same schedule. One time in particular as they went through the back door of the classroom they noticed a familiar brunette upfront.

 

"ㅡthe freshmen assembly is in the next room.." someone says to the brunette.

 

"Oh I'm sorry, I thought it's in here." he bows to his senior.

 

A familiar voice, that petite brunette is so familiar to the boys. Chanyeol wanted to follow the freshman but the bell rang.

 

Days had pass and they usually see that brown hair and hear his voice mixed in in the sea of students around the campus. They never get to see his face or even go near the fella, for the freshman is usually in a hurry.

 

Sehun had a hunch, another plan.









“Welcome sir, today's special isㅡ Oh Sehun?!”

 

“Yehet! I knew it!” Sehun had a hunch that the familiar brunet around campus is no other than Byun Baekhyun. “So how are things? Are mama and papa Byun okay? The kids?”

 

Sehun did keep in touch with Baek behind Chen and Chanyeol’s back. And he didn't even know that Baek will enter the same school they're in. He should be ashamed for not telling Chanyeol and Chen that he kept in touch, but then let's just say he owes a lot to Chanyeol, he's in depth with a lot of things to this giraffe. He's planning on getting them together someday. And Baek being in the same campus as them made it easier for his plan to be.







Months have passed and Sehun’s plan was a success. Chanyeol started courting Baek. At first Chen wasn't impressed by Sehuns sneaky action, he believes that Baek will just be a distraction to Chanyeol’s studies. But then what could he do if it's already the heart talking between those two.

 

When they were already officially dating, Chanyeol vowed to give Baek everything, especially when he learned about Baeks situation in life. This made Baek uneasy, he wasn't used to someone taking his worries from him and making it his. He's used to just keeping it to himself. Chanyeol was pushy, he wanted to make everything easy for Baek, he doesn't notice the discomfort it brings to the shorter boy. His pushiness led to their first fight.

 

Baek ignored Yeol for six months, if it wasn't for Sehun and Chen, they won't be back together.

 

In those six months, Chen and Sehun wanted to drown themselves in bleach because of this two lovebirds’ foolishness. When the three buddies would go or even just pass by the campus cafe Baek was working at, Baek would flirt with the other staff. Chanyeol would do same too, showing of random girls in front of Baek. The lovers would ignore the other on unwanted encounters, as if they're alien to each other.

 

“This is so stupid, what is their whole point? To make each other jealous? Why don't they just make up?” Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s actions are getting into Sehun and Chen’s skins. Prickling their heads, they planned something just to get those maudlin to stop their nonsense.






Like any couple, they had a lot of misunderstandings, idiotic quarrels to begin with, hence the numerous fights and cool offs. But good thing there's Chen, Sehun and their families to fix them up.

 

They surmount college still a couple. Chanyeol waited for Baekyun to finish. He originally wanted to propose on after Baek’s graduation but he knows that the brunet wants to be financially stable before settling down. He respects that. He doesn't want to push Baek again. He doesn't want any more cool offs.

 

He really can't stand being apart from Baek. He's really bitten by the love bug. Baek is the one, but he doesn't want to rush it. Baek’s happiness, wants, and needs will be the first priority.






Baek graduated, well not top of the class like his brother did, but at least he graduated. It'll be the start of his new chapter in life. Earlier in his life, he dreamt of a family of his own, but what is a family of his own if they weren't financially stable? As much as he wants to settle down with his giant, he might as well get a stable job first. Worse, his pride can't take it if Chanyeol is the only one to provide in their family to be.

 

After months of multiple applications sent, Baekhyun is a failure in landing at any permanent job. As a fresh graduate it would really be hard, most companies are looking for workers with experience. But for the most of it, he can't afford to be jobless, he still has his parents and younger siblings to take care of.

 

Unlike Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s family has a lot of connections, he easily landed a job. He's now an architect in a company that his father used to work at. He tried convincing Baekhyun that it's okay that he's the provider. He doesn't really want Baek to tire himself. What's more, he'd be happier to see Baek with their future children, welcoming him home after a hard days work from the office.

 

Chanyeol grew up in a family where in, both of his parents are always at work, barely home actually. He's usually stuck with his older sister, who's usually locking herself up in her room and their maids, just a ring away. Without Chen and Sehun, he'd loose it. He hates that kind of set up at home. It's like his family wasn't one, the house feels so empty. They are there, but.. it's like they weren't. He doesn't want his very own family with Baek to be like that.

 

Baekhyun understands that Chanyeol just wants what's best for their future household. But he doesn't want to be just a burden to Chanyeol, he also wants to help financially. He doesn't want to be a housewife. He never dreamt of that. Though he doesn't want his future children to grow distant from him.






“Since he likes cooking.. why not open, even just a little restaurant or something.. It can be your gift for Baek on your 6th anniversary. You already have a lot of cash to burn. If you give him that, he may not look for a job anymore. He might say yes already when you propose to him again!” Chen suggested to Yeol over the phone.

 

“You know what, that's not a bad idea. And I could ask his hand in marriage after that. I’d better work on that proposal again. Well, have fun on your honeymoon buddy!” Chanyeol hangs up. It's been 3 days after Chen's wedding. His husband, such a catch, a rare beauty, with eyes that vanish the instant he smiles, with a soul as pure as white clouds above, maybe Chen drugged him. He remembers Beakhyun laying his head on his side, wailing, his suit soaked in tears. Baek was so happy for Chen, maybe envious too. His relationship with Baekhyun is longer than Chen and his now, husband, Minseok. He's so jealous of that guy, already tied the knot. He'll go insane if that sleazy Sehun tied the knot before he does too. Baek was so into the job hunting that he refuses, sometimes ignores Chanyeols wedding proposals. He hopes that with Chen's suggestion, he'll finally hear Baek’s sweet yes.






Six months and Baekhyun’s mini food house is finally put into reality. Off course with the help of everyone who loves him and Baek. Chanyeol was so excited to present it to Baek. Nervous on how his lover would react, good thing his two buddies are there to support him.




“I don't think they're already open Chanyeolㅡ”

 

“ㅡyou're the one who should open it.” Grinning from ear to ear like a fool, Chanyeol says as he leads Baek inside.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Chanyeol remained silent and leads the smaller guy further in. “I really think we should eat somewhere else. There's no one in hereㅡ”

 

“SURPRISE!”

 

Baek almost jumped in place, Chanyeol had his hands around Baek. Baekhyun was stunned. Everyone was there, his mom, his dad in a wheelchair-he wonders how they managed to hide his father in such a small space, Chanyeols parents were there too-they are now retired that's probably the reason why now they have a lot of time in their hands,Yura-Chanyeols sister with her child, Chen and his husband with a slightly visible baby bump-he’s so happy to be a godfather soon, his younger siblings, Sehun-with a girl he never met before, and.. “Baekbo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter