Chapter 12

Stay With Me

It's my day today! I'm officially 25. I feel so old. But why today is a weekday, not a weekend. I want to have this day to myself. Life is so unfair. Thinking about work make you feel grumpy. No, I shouldn't. Today is my day. I have to cheer up!

"Morning eomma."

"Morning, dear. What make you early today."

"Mom, don't you remember what day is today?"

"Wednesday? Why?" 

"Eoommmmaaaa."

"I know I know. It's your birthday. Happy birthday sweety. You're not young anymore."

"You always have the same wish every year. By the way, thanks eomma." You hugged her and give her a kiss.

"Good morning appa." Your dad walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning, dear. Is it your birthday today?"

"Appa! How could you forget." You pouted playfully.

"I didn't forget. I just want to confirm it. Happy birthday, Rea-ah."

"Gomawo, appa." You hugged him and kissed his cheeks too.


You dropped by the coffee shop on your way to work. It's not that you didn't have a breakfast earlier but you just feel like want to buy a hot chocolate and it's still early to get to work. Is it weird to buy a hot chocolate at the coffee shop. I didn't drink coffee because I can't stand the bitterness.

You took a seat beside the window and took out your phone. There were many notifications and you started to check all of them one by one. Mostly, it's your birthday wishes from all your friends and relatives. Suddenly, you realized that he didn't wish you.

Talk about the devil. "Rise and shine baby!" Daehyun shouted from the other line.

"Yah! Do you want me to turn deaf?"

"Mianhe. Are you having a breakfast?"

"I had a breakfast earlier at home. Now, I'm at the coffee shop."

"You are alone?"

"Ne."

"How if there's a guys want to hit on you?" You can sense a worriness in his tone.

"I will just go out with them then."

"Yah!"

"Geez. Don't shout. I'm just kidding."

"I know you love me."

"I know you love me too." Then, there was a silent.

"Dae?" You called.

"Hm?"

"Don't you remember what day is today?"

"Wednesday? Why?" Maybe he didn't remember. It's okay.

"Oh nothing. I forgot what day is today. I think today is Friday so tomorrow will be a weekend. Hehe." You fake a laugh.


Your mood turned down after having a conversation with him. I can't blame him tho. He lost his memories so how can he remembers my birthday. Silly. You started doing your work to distract your thought.

During the lunch time, your officemates threw a small party to celebrate your birthday. You didn't expect it at all and it made you feel blessed. There are still people who cares about me. Your mood does light up a bit and all your thought earlier has gone a little.

You plugged in your earphone and shuffled some music while doing your work. Hmm today is not that bad. Having one person forgot your birthday is not a big deal. You are a grown up woman Rea Jae-ah! I just called myself a woman? Omg.

You hummed along to the songs. It was Hold Me Tight by BTS. You don't know BTS? Then, YOU GOT NO JAMS. haha. You was so into your work and you didn't realized it's already 6.30 p.m. It's already late and you rushly continued your left work that almost finish.

You get to your car and it's already dark. Maybe I start to love my work. That's what people say, you need to have passion in what you are doing. You drived your car slowly, taking in every moment to yourself. "Beautiful young & free Sarangdo ijeneun al geot gata Sumgijin anha Beautiful young & free Hago sipeungeol da boyeojulge Gidarin i sungan"

"Yeppeun nai seumul daseotsal Yeppeun naui yeppeun nai seumul daseotsal Yeppeun nai seumul daseotsal Yeppeun nai baby im feeling so amazing" You sang out loud. What a perfect song on the radio.

You parked your car in front of your house and the house was dark. They are not home or there was a blackout?

You unlocked the door and all the lights went on. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Voices shouted and you were stunned. There stood your mom, dad, Yongguk, Ah Ra, Himchan and his 5-months-already-wife, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo. They were wearing that birthday hat and Youngjae wears you one. 

Daehyun? He's not here? At least, they all are here. You tried to hide the disappointment on your face.

"Happy birthday, girl!" All of them gave you hugs and wishes. "Thank you guys."

You were having fun and suddenly the lights went off. You hold onto Jongup's muscular arm because you hate dark. "What's happening?" Suddenly, you can see a light coming from the kitchen and someone singing a happy birthday song. Wait, that voice.

He walked closer to you, holding a cake in his hands and all of the guys were behind him. You looked at your side and noticed that Jongup is not there. When did they left me.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Lee Rae Jae, Happy birthday to you." They finished singing and the lights went on again. You blew the candle after making your wish. Your face already stained from tears and Daehyun came to give you a hug after putting the cake on the table.

"Happy birthday, babe." You cried harder in his chest. You don't care if the others were watching.

"I thought you didn't come at all." You managed to say.

"I'm sorry but it's their plan." You turned to the guys.

"You should see your face when you didn't see Daehyun here earlier. I should recorded it." Youngjae said and laughed.

"Seriously you guys gonna get it." You laughed along.


You unwrapped the gifts that they gave. You got a handbag, purse, blouse, a couple bracelet from Ah Ra, headphone, DSLR Camera from your parents and cherry tomato? You know who gave that. 

You turned to Daehyun who didn't give you anything yet. "You? Where's my present?" You asked shamelessly.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Err I was rushing to get here from work. I didn't manage to get you one. I'm sorry."

"It's okay as long as you are here." You hugged him.

After eating some snacks, you see the guys were laying in front of the tv lazily, "Don't you guys want to go back?"

"Are you shooing us? Psh." Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"Ani. It's just that tomorrow is a working day and you guys should get back and rest. I do care for you guys, okay." You said.

"Ye ye. We'll go back first Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung." All of them bowed and headed outside. You stood at the door and gave them hugs and thanks. You wave them good bye then you realized that Daehyun were standing beside you.

"Aren't you going back?"

"I don't feel like to. Let's go." He grabbed your coat and dragged you outside. Your parents just laughed looking at you two.

"Where do you want to go? It's late already." You asked while following him.

"I don't know. I just want to have a late night walk with you." He wears you the coat and intertwined your fingers together. He spotted a park near your house area and dragged you to run along with him.

"Seriously, Dae. How old are you." You laughed.

He sat on one of the bench and faced forward. "I'm sorry but I don't really remember your birthday earlier. I just realized it this morning and that's why I called you." He started and looked at you. You held his face with both of your hand. "You know what? It doesn't matter to me. I admit that I was a bit disappointed at first, but then I realized that you, remember who I am is the most important thing."

"I don't know how my life without you." He said and touched your foreheads together. You can feel his breath on your face, so does him. You can see that he took a glance at his watch, it was 11.59 p.m. before he looked back in your eyes.

"Happy Birthday. I love you." He moved closer until you can feel his lips pressed into yours. You stiffened and he moved his palm to hold your face. You softened and kissed him back. You can feel his hand moved from the back of your neck and suddenly you feel a cold thing touch your neck. You pulled back from the kiss.

"I'm sorry that I lied but I don't want to give you the present in front of the guys." He said. It's a necklace with a heart shape written DHRJ on it.

"Daeh-"

"I have one too. The same one." He showed his. "I'm glad that Ah Ra gave you a bracelet. I scared if it was a necklace." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry I didn't be the first wisher, but I'm glad that I'm the last. People say, save the best for last."

You can't contain your feels and kissed him again. "I love you."


Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2016 will be a better year than before.