Chapter 13

Stay With Me

You have not seen Daehyun for a long time since the dinner date last 2 weeks. He's busy with his work because he's going to take over his father's company soon. Today you're going out with him. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know? I don't mind as long as I'm with you."

"Eeee cheesy much. Shopping?"

"You just went for shopping yesterday with Ah Ra, right?"

"Lotte World?"

"I want something calm."

"Geez, Daehyun. You said you don't mind?"

"How about picnic?"

"But we don't have anything. The mat, foods."

"We can buy."

"You such a waste. You need to change your habit. You should planned earlier so that I can cook something instead of buying."

"Neee darling. Isn't last minute plan is the best? Let's stop at the supermarket first."

Daehyun took the cart and pushed it. You just walked beside him and look through things to buy. "I think I have a mat in my car boot." Daehyun said.

"That's good. We don't have to buy one. Do you want bread?" You held up a loaf of bread.

"Yes. We can buy canned tuna and salads to make sandwiches." He took tuna and salads.

"I'll take some juices." You said and went to the drinks part. You took orange juice, mango juice and a strawberry juice to Daehyun to ask which flavors he likes.

You stopped on your track. "Isn't that Daehyun?" You saw Daehyun from the back but there is a girl beside him. They were talking, or shoud I say that the girl is more to flirting with his y attire and why is she holding his arm. And he didn't flinch at all? Who's that girl? You make your move near them.

"Ehem." You cleared your throat and both of them turned to you.

"Err who are you?" She asked, still holding Daehyun's arm. She asked me?! I am the one who should ask her!

"I'm Lee Rae Jae. Emm what are you doing here with him?" You pointed to Daehyun. You can see Daehyun's face was a bit pale.

"Aah you are his friend? I'm his classmate in college before. He's Daehyun, right? I thought I was wrong because he didn't remember me." She said and let go of her hand.

"Yes he's Daehyun and he has this forgetful habit. He usually forgot people. If you don't mind, we need to go first." You lied because nobody know about Daehyun's lost memories other than you guys.

"Let's go, baby." You emphasized the word 'baby' and held his hand to drag him away. Why is this guy so quiet. Is he mute already. You don't realized that you almost dragged him out the supermarket without paying.

"Babe." He stopped on his track and make you stopped too.

"I'm sor-" 

"I'm going to put this juice at it's place back. You go and pay first." You cut his word and went to the drinks area back. I know that he didn't remember that girl but why did he let her touch him. He didn't even back me up when that girl said I'm his friend. Sigh. Such a mood ruiner. You walked to Daehyun who was waiting for you outside with a worry obviously on his face.

"Let's go." You just walked past him without took a glance at him.

He followed you to the car. "Rae." He called you but you just ignored it. He gave up and stop calling you. He put the things into the back seat and starts to drive to Hangan Park. The ride was full of silent and tension because none of you start any conversation. He parked the car and you were ready to get off the car but it was locked.

"I don't like you to be all quiet. I am sorry." He stated.

"I don't like you to be all quiet too earlier." You said and opened the lock by yourself. He gave up and get off too. Both of you walked to find a spot with things in hands. Daehyun put the mat down when he found a nice spot. You set all the things down and stretched your arm out. Your face didn't show any excitement. Daehyun went stood right in front of you and looked in your eyes. You can't run your gaze away.

"Babe, please, I'm sorry. I don't want our date to turn out like this." He held your face. "I don't know who she is. I mean, I can't remember her."

"I understand that you didn't remember her but why did you let a stranger to touch you?" You replied.

"I was dumbfounded that time. I don't even get on my sense. My head was spinning when I tried to remember everything that she said. I'm sorry. I promised it won't happen again." That's why his face looked pale earlier. You started to feel guilty.

"You really don't remember her?"

"Yes. Let's stop talking about it." He pulled you in his arms.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled in his chest.

"It's not your fault. Why would you say sorry?" He pulled you away.

"I was so into my thought. I don't think about your condition. I just acted without thinking. I'm sorry."

"Are you being jealous?" He half-smile-half-smirk looking at you.

You pushed him away. "Why would I?" You denied.

"Okay okay let's stop it here." He kissed your hair before pulling you to sit on the mat.

You started making the sandwiches while Daehyun was pouring the juice. Both of you ate while enjoying the view. "I hope we will be like that 40 years later." He said and you followed his gaze. It was an old couple who took a scroll around. The old man was pushing his old wife on a wheelchair.

"But I don't want to be on the wheelchair." You laughed and he looked at you before shoving the remaining sandwich in his mouth.

"Yah get up. Your head is heavy." You said as he lay his head down on your laps.

"Shireo." He shook his head. You smiled.

"Don't you want to know who was that girl earlier?" You can't help but curious.

"Shireo."

"Yah! You have to know!"

"Ne ne. I'll ask the guys later. Let's not talk about her, please?" He made a puppy eyes.

"Ok. What do you want to talk about?" He closed his eyes but opened up again after you spoke.

"How about you sing for me instead of talking?" He asked.

"Shireo. You sure don't want to hear my bad voice."

"Everything about you is pretty, darling."

"Eww. How about you sing instead."

"Sing together sound nice." He raised his eyebrow.

"Fine."

(a/n: The pink one at the left side is what you guys sing and the italic pink at the right side is the translation)

cheolbuji eorin sonyeowa gin yeohaengeul tteonaneun il
haessari nogeun georireul seonmulhae jugo sipeun il
i sesang geu nuguboda deo jalhae jugo sipeun il
duryeoum ape meomchul ttae nal yonggamhage haneun il
Leaving on a long trip with a childish yung girl
Wanting to gift you with the sun-kissed street
Wanting to treat her better than anyone else in the world
The thing that makes me brave when I'm in ftont of fear

 

He sang and you swayed your head along. He kept his gaze on you and never looked away. He continued to sing.

 
geudae sesang gajang heunhan mal For you
geuraeseo deo eoryeoun geumal
nareul mideo dalla malhamyeon
geudaeneun geurae jul su innayo
 
You, it's the most common word in the world, For you
That's why it's harder to say
If I ask you to trust me
Would you be able to do that for me?

 

Then, it was your turn.

 

uyeonhi seuchin nunbiche nae mame byeori tteuneun mal
dan hanbeon seuchin sonkkeute simjangi seobeorineun mal
cheon gaeui bitbangul mankeum halmari manha jineun mal
yeol du beon sonagi mankeum gunggeumhan iri manheun mal
 
We accidentally lock eyes and the stars in my heart say the words
Words that make my heart stop from one brush of the ends of your fingers
Words that make me want to say so much more like thousands of raindrops
Words that are as curious as twelve rain showers in a row
 

 

You looked down at him who was smiling with eyes close.

 
sarang sesang gajang heunhan mal Love you
geuraeseo deo eoryeoun geumal
nawa hamkke gaja malhamyeon
geudaeneun geurae jul su innayo
 
Love, the most common word in the world, Love you
That's why it's harder to say
If I tell you let's go together
Would you be able to do that for me
 
love you-

 

You stopped and waited for him to continue, but he didn't. You called him slowly.

"Babe?" He didn't answer. He was far asleep on your laps.

"This guy, how can he sleep when I was singing. It's hard to let anybody hear me singing." You smile to yourself. You brushed off the hairs on his face and stared at his face.

"I love you." You said and kissed his forehead. You cover his body with your scarf that you used around your neck. You decided to read a book that you brought and not waking him up.

 


Do you guys know what song is it? It's 'Man and Woman' by Park Sun Joo and Kim Bum Soo. You can hear Daehyun's version of this song on youtube. It was in his predebut day. If you never heard, I suggest that you go straight to youtube and search it now kkkkk. [Pre Debut] B.A.P Daehyun - 남과 여 (Cover) <-- just type this and skip to 1:08 if you want to hear Daehyun sings right away. I bet you will like the song :)