Helping Interaction

Hyomin X Lee Joon Short Story

The cans of drunken beer were all over the kirchen floor, littered everywhere, Joon not being bothered by the cans slumped down onto the floor and held his head. He had a headache, screw those cans of beer he thought. Yet, who told him to drink it in the first place? What made him thing so stupidly and do this? Simply going crazy and exhausted from his day, he dozed of. The next day would hopefully get better,....

The sun rised up the weather still chilly in December, the alarm beeped. His head hung over and landed on a can. 

*crunch*

Joon's fingers formed into a fist, he had a hungover. He was dizzy, when he tried to stand he, he barfed. And all these foul-smelling,waste spilled onto the floor filled with the cans of BeerLight.

He was a mess. The kitchen was a mess. Everything in his life was a mess. Even his neighbour was messed up, eyeing a girl next door walking her dog early at 6 in the morning.

What the heck.

Yet what caught his eye was she reminded him of her. Yes, her. Hyunah, and even worse, both of them started with an H in their name. Both of them had glamorous body structures, and fancy "S" lines. Both of them knew how to be cute and y... it was obviously way too mcuh for him to handle. To Joon, Hyomin was like Hyuna's twin. But nicer, taller and friendlier. She often would come over to ask for some cooking ingredients and why it just had to be today.

Ring. Ring. The doorbell rang. 

His voice crackled. He wasn't in a good mood, not to mention what kind of drunken state he was still at.

"May, I come in? Are you okay? Have salt here?"

Joon coughed. From outside the door, Hyomin could hear him coughing, cans were clanging on the floor, and wham one of them hit the door. Did he want her not to bother him?

"Are you alright?"

A whisper came from her. He only sighed, and from that he slowly unlocked the door for her to enter to get the salt from his ingredient cabinet. The door opened, but all Hyomin could do was stand in shock. His business clothes were drowned in a sour smell, and his ear was looking greasy.  She looked behind him and saw the cans of beer on the floor scattered. 

Hyomin left her dog standing outside as she went into his kitchen to clean up the mess instead of picking up the salt. She bent down picked up all the cans and brushed up the floor, Joon could only stare in awe 0.0, how can she be so nice to pick thing up for him, after what he did.? His mind went further, after he had hurt her?

Reality snapped back at him. 

Hyomin wasn't Hyuna. But then again, were all women like them starting with the letter, "H," so nice to him until the end?

------

Hyomin went to the nearby washroom from Joon's house, and sprayed down the air freshner throughout the whole room. The sickening smell was irritating her nostrils.  After wiping everything down and so it was clean, she looked back at Joon and gave him a small grin.

Joon still stood by the door holding her german shepard by the collar with his eyes on her.

He felt pleased. She seemed so gentle, she seemed so nice. She made him forget everything that happened between him and Hyuna.

Hyomin made her way to his cabinet without his permission to get the ingredient she needed. It seemed fine to her she didn't need to ask for his permission after all, she did help him clean up.

She flicked her hair, after picking up the small container and as she went out the door, she patted Joon on the shoulder.

"Take care, don't drink. Don't let something affect you just because of one person."

Joon's heart felt stumped. 

Did he just feel some pink on his cheek after what she told him? He tried to move his feet, yet they wouldn't move. He was struck in-place by love.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________