Chapter 3

My Only Love

~❤~

 

“I came here with my friend Mei Yi after I left the studio last time. The hot chocolate was really good.” Hye Jin said as they were walking up to the entrance after parking down the street. They could see the place seemed to be a bit busy before they entered. “Oh my… what an appropriate place to be having our chat in with so many people around…” she said with a nervous giggle.

 

“It’ll be okay. We don’t have to talk about it right away.” Jisoo assured her after he opened the door for her.

 

“Right… I suppose we should just enjoy ourselves for now.” She agreed and walked in. They found a table to sit at and patiently waited for someone to come give them some menus. “So, how have you been since last time?” Hey Jin asked, she was referring to their last meeting.

 

“Good.” He replied while nodding. “Just work, work and more work.”

 

“Sounds fun.” She joked.

 

“It actually is, though.” He gave a small laugh.

 

“Well, that’s really good, then.” She shot him a cheerful smile that got his heart fluttering again… she was doing a lot of things that she did years ago, the very things he fell in love with and it was becoming difficult to contain his feelings again. Of course he wasn’t going to do what he did last time as that might really ruin everything if he let it happen again. “Joshua?” She asked when she noticed him staring at her.

 

“Oh? What?” He snapped out of it just when a waiter finally came to their table.

 

“Oh, hey, it’s you!” The waiter smiled down at Hye Jin and that confused Jisoo.

 

“Oh… uh, hi.” Hye Jin replied softly and gave him a small wave. It was the waiter from last time… Gongchan.

 

“I see you brought someone different this time.” He said with a curious smile.

 

“Yes.” She nodded.

 

“Siblings?” He asked and Jisoo could’ve sworn he saw a hint of jealousy flash across the waiter’s face before he asked that.

 

“No.” Jisoo answered with a faint frown.

 

“Cousin?”

 

“No.”

 

“Step-sibling?”

 

“No! Can you just give us our menus?” Jisoo slightly snapped. What’s this waiter’s problem?! Why the questions?!

 

“Sure, here you go.” He tossed Jisoo his while gently handing Hye Jin hers. Are you kidding me?! Jisoo thought in complete irritation. “I’ll be back in a few.” Gongchan said with a smile towards Hye Jin before leaving their table.

 

“What was that all about?” Jisoo asked Hye Jin who looked surprised by what just went down.

 

“I don’t know!” She shook her head. “That was… really strange?”

 

“That was really uncalled for.” He glanced around the room to find the waiter. “What does my relationship have to do with handing over two menus? That’s none of his business!”

 

“Well, let’s not let it bother us right now.” She took a look at her menu. “We should get the hot chocolate like I mentioned, but let’s also try something else while we’re at it? What do you say?”

 

“That sounds good. Let’s do it.” Jisoo nodded after he finally calmed down.

 

A few minutes later, Gongchan returned to their table to take their orders. Jisoo didn’t like how the waiter was looking at Hye Jin and soon enough, he understood what was going on earlier. This guy must like her or something! He watched as Gongchan explained an order to Hye Jin when she asked about it. So, how long have they known each other? They don’t seem like strangers…

 

“Joshua?” Hye Jin snapped him out of his thoughts after Gongchan left again. “You were zoning out…”

 

“Do you know that guy?” Jisoo asked and leaned forward in his seat, his voice was quiet.

 

“The waiter?” She tilted her head and he nodded. “No, not really. I came here with Mei Yi that day after leaving the studio. I might have come here two more times before now, but I don’t really know him other than his name. I don’t even know his last name.”

 

Well, now it was obvious. This Gongchan probably had his eye on her now, which probably explained why he was so keen on finding out what Jisoo’s relationship was with her. Hearing he wasn’t family to her probably made him feel threatened. Like he had competition now. If only he knew who Jisoo really was to Hye Jin, maybe he’d back off…

 

“Here you go, two hot chocolates and one chocolate cake.” Gongchan returned to their table moments later.

 

Jisoo scoffed quietly when he saw how Hye Jin’s hot chocolate was topped with more whipped cream than his. There were even chocolate shavings on hers but none on Jisoo’s. This waiter was being so obvious it was really getting on Jisoo’s nerves. Was he trying to score points with Hye Jin? Was he trying to woo her?

 

Hye Jin let out a quiet giggle when she saw Jisoo sitting in his seat with crossed arms and an irritated look on his face while he watched Gongchan leave the table once again. “What’s wrong?” She asked, but she already could figure it out. “Are you getting jealous?”

 

“... of course.” Jisoo answered honestly. Of course he was! He told her straight up he still loved her… to see another guy making these kind of gestures to her, yeah he was going to be jealous.

 

Hye Jin looked down to her cake with a blush sweeping over her face. She didn’t expect him to answer so honestly. I do realize maybe that waiter is trying to make moves on me… and that it’s bothering Jisoo, but what am I supposed to do about it? She thought as she poked at her cake.

 

She picked up her hot chocolate and took a small sip from it before placing it back on the table. Seeing Jisoo smiling at her from his seat made her realize how much whipped cream was topped on her hot chocolate. She quickly covered her face and got embarrassed when Jisoo grabbed a napkin and leaned forward to hand it over. He pointed to his nose as if to help guide her on cleaning up her face. She lightly wiped at her nose before he pointed to his upper lip. She wiped at that too. Then he pointed to his left cheek and she looked at him confused before he pointed to his forehead then his chin before finally pointing to the top of his head.

 

“Yah!” She laughed and found his teasing funny. He’d always do silly things to get her to smile, and as always, it worked.

 

Jisoo decided to take a sip from his hot chocolate and looked at her. Usually she’d lean over and clean it off for him with a napkin when they were together… and he wanted to see if she still had that habit. And just like he hoped, she leaned over to wipe away the whipped cream off his nose and lip. Another thing she always did was give him a small kiss to the lips… but he wasn’t expecting that too, naturally…

 

He suddenly felt Hye Jin’s soft lips meet his for a brief second and he looked at her surprised, her face mirrored his when she sat back in her seat.

 

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to…” she apologized before getting super flustered.

 

“Don’t apologize…” he frowned.

 

“I don’t know… just suddenly, it felt like we were together again.” She explained with a small frown.

 

Besides the chatter of other people around them, it became silent at their table as they thought about the situation now.

 

“We can be…” Jisoo finally said and broke the silence. “If you… want, we can be together again.”

 

Hye Jin stared at him and played the words he just spoke over in her head. Could we? She wondered. Could we really be together again? But… what if it happens again? What if it becomes a repeat… even if he promised he wouldn’t let it happen again…? She started to feel conflicted.

 

“Joshua… I…” she muttered out, “I still love you, too.”

 

“You do?” Jisoo almost whispered. He had hoped to hear that from her, but honestly wasn’t expecting her to actually say it.

 

She nodded her head and a blush appeared on her cheeks, but a worried expression followed after. “Ever since we broke up two years ago, I’ve wondered if that was a mistake? Maybe I was being too selfish and impatient… I just wanted your love and attention but Music seemed to always get in the way.”

 

“I’m sorry.” He lowered his eyes to the table, he was feeling incredibly guilty. He hated how he let his passion get in the way of his love. Even if he truly loved her, he neglected to show her that.

 

“In the end… there’s that saying ‘young and stupid’.” She sighed. “We were young but I won’t say you were stupid, because that’d be mean.” She said with the most adorable frown and he laughed.

 

“It’s okay, I was stupid… I should’ve treated you better.” He admitted with sincere eyes. “I’m deeply sorry… I never meant to hurt you. I could say that over and over again, but I know it doesn’t change the fact that it’s been done…”

 

“It doesn’t.”

 

“All I can do now is let you know how regretful I am… how sorry I am. And I hope you’ll be able to forgive me for everything I put you through?”

 

A small smile graced her lips seeing how serious he was. She knew how sorry he was and she forgave him the moment she said goodbye to him back in L.A. “I did, a long time ago.” She assured him.

 

Her reply brought a smile to his face… he was glad.

 

“Everything alright over here? Need anything?” Gongchan asked, he was interrupting their talk.

 

“Yeah, the bill.” Jisoo said bluntly and was finally fed up with this guy interrupting his time with Hye Jin.

 

“Already?” He frowned before he looked to Hye Jin for confirmation.

 

“Ah, yes, can we get the bill?” She nodded innocently.

 

“Alright.” He smiled before heading off to the counter.

 

“He’s getting on my nerves.” Jisoo muttered quietly. Hye Jin held back a laugh.

 

“It’s been awhile since I had a guy try to get my attention… feels… new again.” She admitted. “You were the last one to do so.”

 

“You never got with anyone after me?” He asked and was slightly surprised. He thought she’d have been through a few boyfriends since then just like he had with his girlfriends.

 

“No.” She said softly. “I honestly… couldn’t think about anyone else but you.”

 

“Hye Jin…”

 

“Here’s the bill!” Gongchan’s voice cut in as he placed the bill on the table.

 

Jisoo ripped out his wallet and set the due amount and then some before getting up. “Keep the change!” He grabbed Hye Jin by the hand and led her out the exit. Gongchan only laughed to himself, amused.

 

“Ex boyfriend, huh?”

 

~❤~

 

“Are you calmed down now?” Hye Jin asked in a teasing tone as she pulled up to Shining Diamond Studios once again.

 

“I’m fine.” He sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt before leaning his head back. “Though, I’m a little disappointed. Our time together was cut short…”

 

“Here…” Hye Jin quietly handed her phone over to him. “We can see each other again soon, don’t worry.” She added with a small smile.

 

A smile spread across his lips before he pulled out his own phone for her to punch her number in as well. Once they were done exchanging contact information, they got out of her car to say their goodbye. He was about to settle for a small wave and ‘get home safely’ when she initiated a hug. Overcoming his surprise, he returned her hug quickly until he noticed her arms lingering around him. “Hye Jin?” He asked, feeling a tad worried.

 

“Oh! Sorry! I… got carried away.” She stepped back after letting him go, her face was almost completely red.

 

“It’s okay.” He chuckled and reached out to pet her on the head. “Our time together may have been short, but it was nice. I hope to see you again soon… take care until then.”

 

“R-Right. I’ll call you soon.” She managed a smile. “Bye.” She waved before turning to leave in her car. She couldn’t stop the wide smile on her face the entire drive home.

 

~❤~

 

Returning back inside the studio, Jisoo was greeted with his co-workers Jihoon and Seungcheol.

 

“How’d things go?” Jihoon asked first once Jisoo reached them.

 

“Good.” He simply said and grabbed his guitar. Something about his reply made his friends look at each other curiously. There was something more to it than that, apparently.

 

“You don’t seem too happy right now?” Seungcheol pointed out.

 

Jisoo just looked at them before sighing. He ran a hand through his hair before looking to Jihoon. “Does he know?”

 

“I might have slipped up and told him a little bit about what’s going on.” Jihoon said sheepishly and fiddled with his fingers.

 

“Well,” Jisoo began, “I was just at a cafe with Hye Jin… we were talking about us and it was serious. But this stupid waiter at the cafe kept interrupting at the worse times!”

 

“But that’s his job, to wait on you?” Seungcheol held back a laugh.

 

“No, it was like he was doing it on purpose!” Jisoo quickly said. “And the way he was looking at her, too… like he has his eyes on her or something. It really irritated me.”

 

“Wow, you don’t think that waiter will make a move on her eventually?”

 

“I sure don’t want that to happen, because…” Jisoo trailed off, “Hye Jin admitted that she still loves me.”


“Really?” Jihoon looked surprised, he was honestly a bit happy to hear it as well since he had that talk with Jisoo earlier in the week. When he mentioned how he had kissed the girl twice, one of them being returned by her, he knew that was a good sign.

 

“Do you think you two might get back together?” Seungcheol asked.

 

“I hope so… I really loved her back then. And even now… I still love her just as much.” Jisoo said softly while looking down at his guitar case. “I made a mistake once, but I’m sure I’d never let it happen again.”

 

“Hopefully things will work out for you.” Seungcheol gave him a pat on the back for support.

 

“Thanks.”


“I think that’s enough for today. Why don’t we go get some dinner now?” Jihoon suggested. “My treat.”

 

“You’re treating me, again?” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“You’re questioning it, again?” Jihoon raised a brow.

 

“Nevermind, let’s go.”

 

~❤~

 

“You saw him again?!” Mei Yi exclaimed when Hye Jin set a plate of food down in front of her younger friend later that night for dinner.

 

“I did.” Hye Jin frowned. “Stop making it sound like it’s something epic.”

 

“But it is, isn’t it? You saw your ex boyfriend!”

 

“There aren’t any bitter feelings between us, it’s fine.” The older sighed.

 

“But still! Ex lovers!” Mei Yi exclaimed and threw her hands up in the air.

 

“Keep it up and no dessert!” Hye Jin scolded.

 

“Fine!” Mei Yi pouted before digging into her food.

 

Dinner was spent quietly between the two. Hye Jin was still lost in thoughts about her talk with Jisoo from earlier. She thought about how she admitted that she still loved him to how that waiter kept interrupting at the worse times. Regardless, they at least were able to talk about their relationship enough. He knows she forgives him for it all… and that she still loves him. She couldn’t help but wonder what would happen after this?

 

Would they get back together?

 

Would it be easy to get back together?

 

She was honestly still worried about it. Even if she still loves him, she was afraid to get hurt again. She couldn’t be to sure on what she wanted now…

 

“Hye Jin?” Mei Yi asked while waving a hand in front of her face.

 

“Oh?” She snapped out of it and looked over to her.

 

“Are you going to eat your cake?” The younger beamed and pointed at it.

 

“... you can have it.” Hye Jin slid it over to her. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

 

“O-Okay…” Mei Yi watched her leave the table with slight concerned expression. Usually she would tell the girl she can’t have more than one slice of cake at a time… but something must’ve been on her mind just now. “I hope she’s okay…”


Chapter three~

 

SLk_KJ9uF8T1zCmU-bIEZIbG1Yl9mt0qWR78s2z_6HV9Y9UfH2NfcF7D6cbonWOIGo3vp8IFIE0WQP9qnOK63qqVs9midgGSzV24R-vm6606MsySqKi9eo0Du-GTp_RAafWvFU_O

Here

G8Tv9aVVCtJkfcgtQG7LXSmabfcTWGIS2naX78qt1gKSnwyvNe3Lz5y1-ElhPV45s_kN3ysobV1OC9sD7cUxrGc-LmmNMN7ainC4WvhMM-jc_K3VRVrX1mcyFsqHm5BUYOz6K9ul

Woo, things are moving? Lol nah, still the same but I promise they’ll be moving soon enough!

_BIwkvZXwIXVJ2NMr7a4w82T0CS7ImrJSfqgrjY_x-mv3mvFkdp0tDcdch81TZ6BergZbfNfkls59b7X7W0QQg8GvIs033l5GGmoHngxyjmx0zvb9f86I7DkemIOoYL5ngXcfsj_

On to chapter four… get ready.

TpmxDRaKk9xGdGcSSKudSmmETcq4VofhNPRgdBuf-LarzjgQfCl7ziPfWKE8yHQHLbeKiCY7wUOD_KrLtrJ8_7OUrybeETLerzMd3nVdt4AjhFzBYCI1BFjKVhWDADbkEEbqBqwk

 

Chapter three originally posted: Nov 23, 2015