Chapter 2

My Only Love

Parting from their kiss, Hye Jin looked at Jisoo with a look of awe. Her feelings were clouding her mind and he took that as a sign to give her more. Their lips were locked in another intimate kiss and it started to make her head spin as she felt him hold her tighter. In that moment, it felt like they were 18 again, sharing a loving kiss with each other back in the good days when they were happily together. I miss those days… She thought to herself as the kiss continued. I missed him…

 

Pulling away from the second kiss, Hye Jin rested her head onto his shoulder and tried to processes everything quickly. “J-Joshua…”

 

“I love you.” He said immediately, she froze at those words. “I still love you, Hye Jin.” Hearing him say it made her heart beat faster. “Even after all this time… I still love you. I could never forget about you no matter how hard I tried, but in all honesty I never wanted to forget you because… you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I can’t help but feel so angry with myself that I let you get away.” She remained quiet and listened to him, her hand resting on his shoulder suddenly gripped the clothing there. Overwhelming feelings were starting to arise and she was trying to keep it together. “I don’t expect you to feel the same way, but…” he said and his hold tightened around her. “Seeing you again after all this time… I’ve only started to realize just how much I missed you, how much I missed holding you like this… I miss it so much.”

 

Hye Jin still remained quiet… she didn’t trust herself right now to say anything in reply. She worried she’d say something and regret it later on, she was so high on her feelings, she wasn’t sure about anything right now. Like if she said she missed him too, that wouldn’t exactly be a lie, but if she said she wanted him back…

 

“I made such a regrettable mistake back then… and I shouldn’t deserve you after that but I’m so selfish because I want you, I want you back. I need you, Hye Jin.” He said softly against her ear. “I need your kiss, your touch, your love… I’m so incomplete without you.” She could hear it in his voice, how serious he was about it.

 

“Joshua…”

 

“If you need time, I’ll give you time…” he suddenly said and pulled away from their embrace. “If you need space… I’ll give you space. I’ll do anything if it meant you’d come back to me.” He said before looking into her eyes with such a sincere look and lightly caressed her cheek. “I’d do anything to get you back because I love you so much and I can’t imagine my life without you in it anymore.” She was silent while she looked at him, she was trying to process everything happening right now. “Say something… please.” Jisoo frowned at her lack of reply. “Anything… just say something…”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just a little stunned right now and…” she managed to break away from his gaze and looked at the hand he was holding so tight, how close they still were. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t feel the same way right now. The feeling of his arms around her brought back so many memories, good memories. It brought the feeling of belonging. She belonged in his arms. This was how it’s supposed to be… she couldn’t help but feel that way.

 

But why wasn’t she saying what he wanted to hear? Why hadn’t she admitted she still loved him, too?

 

She was pulled into another tight embrace again and his arms wrapped strongly around her. He held her closer than ever before. “Don’t you remember?” He said softly, a hint of pain in his tone. “Don’t you remember all of the good times we had, we were perfect for each other. I know I messed up… I made a mistake, but I’ll never do it again, I swear!”

 

She could hear the regret clearly in his words. It made her sad to hear this right now. She never once thought he made that mistake on purpose, and when she looked back on it, she wondered if she made a mistake, too. The mistake of breaking up with him.

 

“Joshu-”

 

Before she could even get his name out, she heard her phone ringing on the floor beside her. It was a familiar tune and she knew who it was instantly. Shouldn’t she be asleep right now?! She reluctantly pushed Jisoo away to answer the call and tried her best to ignore the dejected look on his face.

 

“Shouldn’t you be asleep?” Hye Jin answered her phone quietly and turned away from Jisoo.

 

“Genie! I’m lost!” Her younger friend exclaimed, despite she should be asleep since it was midnight in the states, it being 4pm in Korea.

 

“You should be asleep, not lost! Where are you? It’s dangerous to be out at midnight-”

 

“I’m not home right now, I’m in Seoul!”

 

“What?! How the heck did you get to Seoul-nevermind! I’m coming to get you, just stay put!” After hanging up her phone, she faced Jisoo with worried eyes. “I’m sorry, I have to go!”

 

“Is everything okay?” He asked and stood up to help her pack her things away.

 

“It will be once I find her!” She accepted her bag once he finished putting everything in it. “I uh…” she looked at him and hesitated for a second. “I hope we run into each other again soon…”

 

With a somewhat disappointed smile, he nodded in agreement. She gave a small wave before she hurried out of the studio. He was alone now.

 

He stood there for several minutes and thought back on everything that just went down moments ago. He wondered what came over him? Why he did all of it…? Sure, he missed her but, did he really have to pour out his mind and soul when they barely ran into each other today after two long years?

 

“What did I put in my coffee again?” He mumbled to himself as he headed to the office part of the studio.

 

~❤~

 

“You troublemaker! You had me so worried!” Hye Jin scolded the young girl in the backseat of her car. She luckily found her on the first try after leaving the studio she was at with Jisoo. Thank goodness for smartphones, her friend was able to turn on her GPS and pin point where she was at before sending off the address.

 

“Sorry!” Still 19 year old Chan Mei Yi managed to get herself lost once she landed in Seoul, she was trying to find her older friend Hye Jin off of the address she gave her for mailing letters. Apparently she mailed herself, literally.

 

“So why are you here?” The older asked when they came up to a stop light.

 

“I missed you, Genie!” The girl pulled herself up by the headrest of Hye Jin’s seat and proceeded to give her a hug and nearly choked her friend in the process. “I’m so lost without you!”

 

“Literally!” Hye Jin laughed and made her sit back down in her seat. “Put your seatbelt on!”

 

“I’m also here for Uni(University), too.” Mei Yi pouted after buckling her seatbelt like a spoiled kid.

 

“Really? Then where are you staying?”

 

“With you, of course!” Mei Yi jerked forward when Hye Jin slammed on her breaks. Good thing she buckled up!

 

“Say what now?!”

 

~❤~

 

“Here you go, two hot chocolates.” The waiter smiled and sat the drinks on the table.

 

“Thanks.” Hye Jin muttered shyly and quietly grabbed hers to take a sip. It was still pretty chilly outside today, Winter was slowly leaving and Spring arriving as it was the end of March.

 

“No problem, is there anything else I can get you lovely ladies?” The waiter asked and glanced at Mei Yi briefly before his gaze returned to Hye Jin. He had been looking at her the most since the two girls sat at the table.

 

“Can I have some chocolate cak-ow!” Mei Yi whimpered when Hye Jin kicked her under the table.

 

“No cake.” She glared at the hurting girl before she looked up to the waiter. She quickly looked away again and felt flustered after she told him they were done ordering. He chuckled and left the table a moment later.

 

“What’s up with you? Why were you getting so shy-oh! Was that the someone you know?!” Mei Yi’s face lit up with excitement. “Or was that the guy you always talked about, Joshua?!”

 

“No!” Hye Jin shook her head, though if she didn’t know any better, he did look quite a lot like Jisoo. She remembered seeing the waiter’s name tag earlier, Gongchan.

 

“Oh right, how could it be him, he’s still in L.A., huh?”

 

“Actually…” Hye Jin trailed off.

 

“What?”

 

“I was with him earlier before you called. Apparently he came to Korea shortly after we broke up.” Hye Jin explained and watched her friend’s jaw drop in shock.

 

“No way! I just thought he was really good at avoiding you or something!”

 

“I thought the same.”

 

“So how was it? How did running into each other go?” The younger asked and leaned forward in her seat, she was ready to listen.

 

“Uh…” memories of earlier started to surface and she could feel the heat rushing up to her cheeks. “It was nice to see him again, of course.”

 

“And?”

 

“And… that was it.” Hye Jin said with a simple nod before taking another sip of her hot chocolate.

 

“Liar! You’re blushing! Did something happen?!” Mei Yi frowned at the boring reply she got. Hye Jin told her countless stories about when she and Jisoo were together and how happy she was at the beginning of their relationship before it went down hill… and honestly, by the way she talked about him, it was like she still missed him, like she still loved him.

 

“We’re done talking about this!” Hye Jin sighed and took another sip of the warm liquid. “We’ll go by your hotel and pick up your things after we're done here.”

 

“Fine.” Mei Yi sat back in her seat like a little kid and puffed her cheeks out because she really wanted to know the reason behind her older friend’s deep rosey cheeks. There were a few moments of silence between the two before she spoke again. “But really, can I have some chocolate cak-”

 

“No.” Hye Jin interrupted.

 

~❤~

 

“So, how did things go after I left?” Jihoon asked when he took a seat next to Jisoo who was currently playing random songs on his acoustic guitar in the empty practice room. He didn’t want to go home yet and decided to play some music to clear his mind… but it was a difficult task as Hye Jin kept crossing his mind. He already started to miss her terribly again.

 

“Don’t even ask.” He sighed as his playing slowed to a stop.

 

“Uh oh, did things not end well?”

 

“I just said, don’t ask.” He chuckled while setting his guitar off to the side. He let out another sigh before he brought his legs up against his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He rested his chin on his knees. “Hey?”

 

“What?” Jihoon replied and looked across the room to see their reflections in the wall mirror.

 

“Do you think I’m stupid?”

 

“Stupid? Why?” The younger was confused.

 

“I kissed her…” Jisoo admitted and his eyes casted down to the floor now. “I kissed my ex, twice.”

 

Jihoon was silent but there was a look of surprise on his face when he looked at his older friend. Twice? He kissed her, twice? Was he asking if that was a stupid move?

 

“I don’t know what happened, what came over me…” Jisoo ran his hands through his hair before letting his head and forehead rest on his knees. “She kissed me back, too.”

 

“And so where does you being stupid come into play?” Jihoon said quietly.

 

“I don’t know.” He looked up and there was a look of confusion yet guilt on his face. “We only ran into each other today after two years… maybe I should have restrained myself a little more, kept my feelings to myself.”

 

“Hyung, don’t beat yourself up about it. You were just really excited to see her again, right?” Jisoo covered his face with his hands and let out another dejected sigh. “Who broke up with who, if you don’t mind me asking?”

 

“She broke up with me…” he answered. “We were together for 3 years, pretty much since high school started… towards the end, I made a mistake and she called it quits. That’s when I came to Korea.”

 

“3 years? No wonder!” Jihoon was shocked this time. “I don’t think you’re stupid at all! Maybe a bit rash but… I had no idea!”

 

“She was my first real relationship and it’s always hard for me to talk about her because… I messed up so bad and I get so angry at myself.”

 

“What did you do?” Jisoo glanced at him and he frowned. “I mean… sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay… I might as well explain everything, right?”

 

From there, Jisoo explained it all. How they got together in high school to how passionate he was in music that he let it get in the way of his relationship, all of it leading to their unfortunate breakup.

 

“If I just paid more attention to her, if I had just treated her better, maybe we would still be together…”

 

“Now she’s back, and you kissed her… you said she even kissed you back. That sounds like maybe things could possibly work out? I never heard of someone kissing back for no good reason, she must still have feelings for you…”

 

“You think so?”

 

“Time will only tell.” Jihoon sighed and patted him on the shoulder. “For now, try not to beat yourself up about it or let it get in the way of work, okay?”

 

“Alright.” Jisoo nodded. “Thanks for listening to me.”

 

“No problem. It’s what friends do.” Jihoon flashed him a supportive smile. “And with that said, let’s go get something to eat, my treat.” He added and got up off the ground and held a hand out for Jisoo to take.

 

“Wow, I feel so special, you never treat anyone.” Jisoo grinned as he got up with his help.

 

“Want me to change my mind?” Jihoon asked with a raised brow.


“I mean… Thanks!” He laughed, shaking his hands in reply.

 

~❤~

 

It’s been four days after running into Hye Jin and Jisoo hadn’t been able to stop thinking about her. He was beginning to worry he ruined any chances of a friendship after his bold actions when he kissed her. If they didn’t get back together, he at least wanted to still be friends… but that kiss. What if it ruined those chances?

 

Jisoo was tuning his guitar in the corner of the practice room while his friend Soonyoung, nicknamed Hoshi, was currently teaching a dance class for a small group. Their younger friend, Chan, was around observing as well as controlling the music by the speakers. Jihoon was currently in the office with an older friend, Seungcheol. His other 8 friends weren’t at the studio right now as they were running errands or had the day off.

 

“Okay, that’ll end today’s class. You’re dismissed!” Soonyoung called out to his students. “Have a fun weekend!” He added when they all made a line to high five their teacher. The students left one by one after gathering their belongings by the wall but one student noticed Jisoo sitting in the corner with his guitar and a dejected expression on his face.

 

“Are you okay, Mr. Hong?” She asked shyly. She was also taking vocal lessons from him.

 

“I’m okay, Sunmi.” He assured her with a forced smile. “Good job today.” He gave a thumbs up and it made her smile with a small blush.

 

“Thank you!” 13 year old Sunmi bowed. “I hope you feel better soon! See you next week!” She added before running off to the exit a bit flustered. Jisoo laughed to himself, he found it cute how some of his female students were so obviously crushing on him.

 

“I’m so jealous sometimes. None of them seem to be crushing on me.” Soonyoung sighed from the other side of the room.

 

“That shouldn’t be something you want, hyung!” Chan shook his head with a small snicker.

 

“Oh well,” he sighed before swinging his bag over his shoulder. “I’m heading off early today, see ya punks later!” He waved at Jisoo in the corner.

 

“Get home safely.” Jisoo called over to him.

 

“Wait! Let’s leave together!” Chan blurted out and rushed over to the wall to grab his bag.

 

“I’m out the door!” Soonyoung shouted while exiting. “I’m down the hallway!” He shouted again a second later. “I’m leaving without you!” His voice was getting more faint by now.

 

“Aish, that hyung!” Chan frowned before he waved at Jisoo again. “See ya around!”

 

“Bye.”

 

With those two gone, Jisoo was in the practice room by himself. Jihoon and Seungcheol were still in the office possibly discussing a few business matters with the studio and there was still no sign of his other friends, or well co-workers, coming in today. The work schedule there at the studio was really flexible which was pretty nice.

 

There were a total of 13 working there, or more like Jisoo and his friends made up the majority of the staff. Choi Seungcheol, Lee Jihoon and Kwon Soonyoung are kind of the bosses among them all. Leaders, if you will. Their studio isn’t really a company, but people who’d like to audition for companies usually came to them so they could help them prepare for it. Vocal lessons, dance lessons, tips on composing…

 

They’re not really training the kids, but more or so giving them a kick start for when they really audition. Besides helping them start or enhance their skills, they also coach kids whose parents just want them to have a skill like singing, writing or dancing… you know how some parents can be, like making them do piano lessons, but luckily all the kids actually want to be there.

 

A lot of the students vary in ages, from 12 and up. There really isn’t an age limit beyond that, though they won’t be accepting anyone under 12 as they feel they’re not fit to be teaching younger kids who might throw fits. At least with older kids, they have half a chance at dealing with them.

 

Choi Seungcheol(21). He’s a bit into the hip hop scene and helps young students both male and female with composing lyrics and raps to enhance their skills or get them started. He has three others who help him and they are Jeon Won Woo(20), Kim Mingyu(19) and Chwe Hansol(18) aka Vernon. You could basically call them the Hip Hop Team.

 

Lee Jihoon(20), a producer in the making. He usually helps the students with vocals as well as extra help on composing if wanted. He also helps students make vocal covers in the studio, a time where he’s able to put his producing skills to use. Though, because of his busy job, he has four others who help with vocal coaching and they are Yoon Jeonghan(21), Hong Jisoo(21), Lee Seokmin(19) and Boo Seungkwan(18). You may call them the Vocal Team.

 

Kwon Soonyoung(20), a passionate dancer. He’s in charge of teaching dance. If students want to make a cover and wanted a dance to go with it, he usually helps make the choreography for it. Sometimes he teaches the class by himself, but other times he has his three other helpers teach alongside him to make it easier and more time efficient. While he’s helping one student, one of the others could help another at the same time. Those helpers are Wen Junhui (21), Xu Minghao(19) and Lee Chan(18). They are the Performance Team.

 

All of them have had the same dream and what they all had in common was music. There’s no song without lyrics(besides instrumental ones), or lyrics without songs… that’d just be poetry. And usually there’s no dance without beats(Music). We could sit here all day and point out the technicalities, but in the end, they were all passionate about music and found their way to this studio. They started out as strangers but in time grew as friends.

 

“Mr. Hong!” The sound of Sunmi’s voice snapped Jisoo out of his thoughts. She came over quickly to him and he faced her to give his attention.

 

“Oh, you didn’t go home yet?” He asked and she shook her head. “What is it?”

 

“There’s a pretty lady outside asking for someone. Mr. Jeon wasn’t out in the front so I came to get you. Maybe you can help her?”

 

“I see, thanks for telling me.” Jisoo smiled after he got up. “Let’s go find out what she wants?”

 

The two came out to the front and Jisoo saw Hye Jin sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting area. A smile graced his lips as he and his student approached her.

 

“I found someone who can help you, Miss.” Sunmi smiled.

 

“Thank you so much.” Hye Jin returned that smile before standing up to greet Jisoo.

 

“Are your parents here to get you, yet?” Jisoo asked to Sunmi.

 

“I saw them pull up a moment ago.” She nodded. “But I wanted to help her out, first.” She pointed to Hye Jin.

 

“That was really kind of you, Sunmi. I really appreciate it. You can go now, I’ll see you next week.” Jisoo gave her a small pat on her shoulder. “Have a great weekend.”

 

“You too, Mr. Hong! Bye!” Sunmi said brightly as she hurried out the door.

 

“She’s really sweet.” Hye Jin commented as they watched the younger girl get into her parents car through the studio’s front window.

 

“She is, and cute. She usually gets so shy around me, but I suppose she it up this time to help you out.”

 

“Awh, that makes her 10x sweeter.” She gushed while Sunmi’s car left the area. She turned around to face Jisoo a second later. “So, uh…” she mumbled and started to feel a tad shy as memories of their last encounter played back in her head. “Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. I actually had a younger friend of mine drop by unexpectedly and if you remember the phone call… she got herself lost when she tried to go to my apartment. It turns out that she came to Korea for University but didn’t say anything and now she’s staying with me.” She let out a somewhat frustrated sigh. “I don’t mind it but, yeah… I’ve just been busy trying to help her settle in.”

 

“That’s okay. Don’t worry about it, I understand.” He assured her with a small smile.

 

“Uhmmm…” she looked down to the floor when her nerves got the best of her right. Seeing her acting this way actually made Jisoo feel a little better, like their chances of getting back together were increasing as she started to fidget. She wouldn’t be acting like that if she didn’t want anything to do with him…

 

“Yes?” He asked.

 

“Should we uh… talk about what happened last time we met?”

 

“If… you want to.” His voice got softer.

 

“Are you busy, though?” She looked around the room.

 

“No, my coaching is done for today, I’m free.” He replied before looking at the time. It was about 5pm by now. The studio is usually open till 10pm, the practice room is open to clients who want to do extra practice on their own time. Jisoo wasn’t needed for now.

 

“Okay, then let’s go to someplace more… uh…” she stuttered, “a place that’s not your workplace.”

 

“Sure.” He chuckled at her sudden awkward behavior. “I’ll go grab my things real quick.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be waiting in my car. It’s the white kia by the the light pole.” She pointed out the window. He nodded and mentioned he got it before heading back into the practice room to put his guitar away. He figured he could come get it later since he didn’t want to drag it around with him. Though he could just as easily pull it out to serenade Hye Jin if things went really well… tempting, but he decided to leave it behind after all. He left a message to Jihoon that he was leaving for a bit before heading out to Hye Jin’s car.

 

Walking up to the passenger door, he reached down to open the door to find it locked. He could see her inside as she quickly unlocked the door while shouting ‘sorry’.

 

“Sorry, I thought it was unlocked already!” She apologized once more after Jisoo buckled up his seatbelt.

 

“It’s alright.” He smiled. “Don’t stress about it.”

 

“Okay.” She nodded and faced the steering wheel and looked like she was yelling at herself to get it together now. He held back his amused laugh before she started her car and they left the studio.


Chapter two!

 

n1AJ8hb9UfXUyciT7n0h-NmdcNVnjxcHppFV8LP2

Liking the long chapters?

Ug0Wb-lssh7wm0nl7V3Q0cza-CJusTnhDowM7tHw

They’re long now, no telling if they will be later when it comes to writing the new ideas.

But hopefully they’re long cuz I mean, who doesn’t like long eventful chapters?

XN8mhC2DGAsNeSfLWkxgsxNRhhRFb0JB4N6vW0Du

I’m sorry if it seems boring right now if you were following this fic before I started it over… it will get interesting soon! I promise!

rWZxNHdIOTtzcbLp4Dx3bBGOKOFePa7oTKms5cVW

I have some ideas planned… might seem a little cliché at first but no worries, there will be a happy ending~!

Go6S4a0ObM8jhZa3xc8RjObrfPVy8yNEUAHFxDr2

Until next then, enjoy this gif of Jisoo~!

 

Chapter two originally posted: Nov 15, 2015