7- Winter pt.3

S E A S O N S
( just kidding )
 
 Hansol and Byungjoo have made up quickly, not as a quick as their other fights though. Hansol could never get  that image out of his head. Byungjoo constantly reassured him he loves him and gave him many kisses and more affection that usual.
 Jenissi and Xero have been noticing Hansol's strange behavior and decided to ask him while Byungjoo was in his room studying and Hansol was in the kitchen cooking.
 "Hansol." Jenissi called out to him from the living room, Hansol peeked his head out from the kitchen door then nodded at the two,
 "What do you guys need?"
"Come here. Sit with uncle Jenissi and Xero."
 Jenissi pat the space between him and Xero. Hansol snorted, "Okay 'Uncles'."
 Hansol sat between them, "What is it?"
 Byungjoo heard the boys outside talking in low voices, he quietly walked down the hallway, peeking over at them. Byungjoo knew he shouldn't be eavesdropping but he couldn't help it.
 Xero got straight to the point,
 "Hansol what's going on? You seem distant lately."
 Hansol tensed up, then smiled,
 "It's nothing."
 "It's more than nothing, Hansol."
 Hansol looked at Xero, sighing,
 "It's just personal matters you guys. I don't want to bother you with them.."
 "Well we want you to 'bother' us. Tell us what's wrong. Is it because of Hojoon?"
 Hansol shook his head, he looked at Jenissi. He knew why he's been like this. Jenissi nodded, indicating for Hansol to let it all out, Hansol took a deep breath, 
 "Sort of.. But that's not it," he smiled tiredly, "For years now I've noticed myself feeling tired all the time, having numerous chest pains from time to time but holding it in at times; not wanting to scare Byungjoo or any one of my friends. Then my weight has been decreasing, I eat like a pig so I don't know how that happened.. But a few days ago I started coughing up blood, I got scared. So I stayed kind of quiet that day but Byungjoo noticed. So I just brushed it off like it was nothing. Then I felt my chest burning even more, that's when I asked Jenissi to go out with me. I had to explain to him everything, we went to the hospital and.." Hansol choked up, "T-They said I have been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer.. I kind of expected I would get diagnosed at some point. Because my mom was a drug addict, most of the times as I grew up all I smelled was smoke everywhere. I never knew it would affect me until I learned about the causes of smoking in middle school. I knew I was toast. I don't know why I've been hiding this from you guys, knowing I'll die soon."
 Xero sat there, staring down at his hands and Jenissi quietly rubbed circles in Xero's back and held tightly onto one of Hansol's hands.
 Xero couldn't believe one of his best friends since middle school had been diagnosed with lung cancer, he should have noticed sooner and then Hansol would be beaming with happiness right now, knowing he won't die so soon.
 "Xero, I know you're blaming yourself.. Don't do that. It's my fault for not going to the doctor and not telling you guys before." Hansol spoke quietly,
 "..How are you going to tell Byungjoo? He's going to be so heartbroken.." Xero sniffled, not daring to look his friend in the eye.
 Byungjoo had been crying his eyes out so quietly in the hallway, his head in his hands. He sniffed and stood straight, he turned and walked towards his friends and his boyfriend. 
 "There's no need for that," His soft, croaky voice broke out, "Hansol.."
 Hansol looked up at the boy, Byungjoo walked over to Hansol, standing in front of him. He kneeled down and hugged his boyfriend tightly, but not too tightly to hurt him.
 "B-Byungjoo.. I'm sorr-"
 "Don't apologize. It's okay." Byungjoo mumbled, hiding his face in Hansol's neck,
"It's okay."
 
( well this fanfic sure did take a drastic turn!! tbh i thought i was going to make this whole fic all about fluff but knowing me, I want to change that all up. i decided to start with fluff and end it with a mixture of angst and fluff bc i always write couples with perfect relationships in other fics i write for other websites ^^; anyways i'm not sure when the next update will come out, if i feel like writing tomorrow- then maybe tomorrow a new chapter~ sorry for such a long author's note ! )