8

Black Notebook

Mir was about to knock on Rain's bedroom door but then he saw GO just walked past the wall and shrugged. He turned the doorknob and waltzed into the room without knocking.

First thing he saw was that the bed was empty. The table where Rain usually do his work was empty. But he heard the heavy breathing and knew immediately his older brother was doing some exercise somewhere in the room. And by looking at GO who was floating on the other side of the huge bed while pointing down, Mir knew Rain was there.

Like seriously. He already had done enough work out at school. Why was he so obsessed in getting muscles, Mir would never understand.

Mir jumped unto the soft bed and crawled until he could see the space on the other side and saw Rain in his tracksuit, doing push-up on the floor. Feeling michievious, Mir jumped down onto the floor and when Rain was down, chest touching the floor, Mir sat down on Rain's back. He even crossed his legs on Rain's back as if Rain was his chair.

"Ya Mir. Get off." Rain warned, he didn't even try to push up again with Mir on his back, he also didn't try to roll around so Mir fall down in case Mir got hurt.

This caring side of him which made Mir always for being softie. But there was actually a reason. He had let Mir got hurt when Mir was still a child and had to be hospitalized for a week. He was so scared at that time. Rain was only eleven at that time and he had promised to his parents, his still small dongseng and himself to never let Mir get hurt. Ever again. And that was how he became such a softie when it came to Mir in particular. Mir of course didn't remember. He was only two.

"You used to do it with me sitting on you all the time." Mir said monotonously as his eyes glittered with child-like playfulness.

"Yeah. You weighed like what? 60 pounds at that time. Now you're as heavy as baby elephant." Rain nagged, he flailed his limbs to emphasize his point.

Mir pouted and laid his back against Rain's back. "I do not." He lamely retorted back.

With this new position, Mir's weight was more evenly distributed on his back and Rain simply returned to his exercise, surprising himself that he still could do it with Mir on his back easily. Maybe Mir should eat more. He shall nagged at this brat tomorrow. Right now, he needed to finish his work out first.

Mir chuckled. "You did it. Go Rain go!" He cheered playfully and patted Rain's back. He waited for a few more push-up before he spoke again. "Jihoon hyung."

Rain cocked one of his brow. It was rare for Mir to call him by his real name instead of the one Mir gave him for whatever reason a five years old kid could ever think of. "Hmm?" He just hummed as response, not pausing in his work out.

"Do you know the stories about a student name GO?" 

This time, Rain stopped. He laid flat on his stomach and let his arms crossed before he laid his chin on his arms. "Hurm. You mean Jung Byunghee? He's quite popular with the other students. Of course I know him."

Mir rolled off of Rain and laid on his side facing Rain. "What do you know about him?"

Rain tilted his head and laid his cheek instead on his crossed arms to look at his dongsaeng with a curious eyes. "What do you want to know and where did you hear about him from?"

"As much as I could. I heard about him from Sanghyun."

"Sanghyun as in Park Sanghyun, you PE partner?" Mir nodded.

"Then I'd say I know nothing more than you do. That's about everything anyone in school could have known."

"But..." Mir pouted. "I want to know more~" Mir whined.

Rain sighed. "I can't help you. I would if I could." Rain extended one of his hands and patted Mir's silky lock before he got up. Time to get a cool shower after all those exercise.

Mir sighed even louder than Rain and looked up to GO who was ever since kept floating above him, listening into their conversation about him. GO just gave him a sad smile and floated away through the window. Mir would have asked GO on where he was going but then, Rain would look at him weird. He would have followed out as well, but he didn't think GO wanted that.

Mir groaned and rolled on the floor of the room until he stopped at Rain's feet. Rain looked down to his dongsaeng who definitely a dried-fish-look-alike. "What is it? Why are you so curious with Byunghee?"

"Just because." Mir latched on Rain's leg and when Rain moved to his closet to get his pajama for the night, he just dragged Mir with him and the younger's slender yet long body trailed along the marbled floor. "I want to know more. Can't you just check his information out in school system? About his parents. His family."

"Look, Mir. I'm sure you know already that his father is in America with his brother as well. His mother just... Gone somewhere. There's no more information we have. That's about everything."

Mir perked up. Climbing Rain's long leg and body, he finally stood up to face his hyung. "You said brother? He has brother?"

Rain nodded and ruffled Mir's hair. Mir clinging like this on him eventhough he was still sweaty after his work out was just too adorable. "Sanghyun didn't tell that? Jung Byunghee has a younger brother. But they were separated after their parents divorced. I think about three years before the accident. His father took his brother to America while he stayed with his mother."

Mir frowned. Sadness and pity lurked in his eyes. "That's... ."

"It is." The two siblings exchanged a look. Knowing they were thinking the same, thinking how they couldn't have being separated completely and would have fought the world to stay together as a family, they shared a faint smile. They didn't need to say it but they knew they wish nothing more than to stay together forever, their umma of course included.

"Oh yeah." Rain piped up suddenly. His eyes sparkled as if he had just thought of something. "If there's anyone who could have known about Jung Byunghee more than Sanghyun, it would be his bestfriend."

Mir swallowed loudly. "Seungho sunbaenim?" He said in a small voice, knowing it was the right answer. He was actually wasn't that comfortable with Seungho. That dude was damn scary. The way he glared at everyone. The way the obvious dark circles under the rings of his eyes made his eyes looked darker and scarier. The way his face always in a frown.

Mir preferred not to cross path with someone like that. But... He had said he would help GO. Guess he just needed to grit his teeth through this.

Seeing how sad GO looked just now, he didn't feel it was best to just stop here. Seungho? Well... He just hoped he didn't get killed while trying to dig out information from the older.

"Hyung. Go shower. You smell." Mir grinned and winked before he ran out of Rain's room, barely managed to avoid a flying towel in his way.

Mir ran straight into his room and exhaled softly seeing GO wasn't in the room. Maybe he would spend the night alone for tonight. But he wondered where did GO go to. Did the ghost even had a place to go? He wasn't worried though. What bad could have happened to a ghost? It wasn't like he could die twice.