23..

Black Notebook

Once Sanghyuk was sure the four friends had left, he stepped out of the shadow with grim look on his face. Slowly, he walked into the dark infirmary and like he had guessed, the ring was left untouched, exactly the same as when he left it there this evening. Sighing heavily, Sanghyuk took the ring and stared at the small circle on his palm.

      "They had bonded." He whispered to himself and though his expression didn't change, the air around him felt heavy and part of him was saddened with the future he had predicted. Future where the spirit would hurt Mir eventually. Intentionally or accidentally...

 

######

 

This.. Mir thought... Was bad. Definitely bad. He was becoming too attach to GO. Which was, again, really bad. He even begged GO to stay! Well, not exactly begging but... Ugh! Stealing a glance towards the spirit who was sitting at Mir's study desk, scribbling something in a music note Mir bought for him while listening to Sanghyun's songs, Mir let out a heavy sigh and ruffled his hair. He couldn't get attached to GO. GO is a dead boy spirit. Sooner or later, he would leave. If Mir get too attached, then it would only cause him a heartache once GO disappeared. But it was too late. He was already attached and if he was being honest, GO's place was almost at the same level as Rain, his blood brother.

     Ruffling his raven hair until they were messy and stood up in all direction, Mir collected himself up from his bed and went out of his room without being noticed by GO. Apparently, GO was just like Sanghyun when it came to music. Completely detached from the real world.

     Knocking on the door to Rain's bedroom, Mir simply pushed it open when Rain didn't answer only to find the older already sprawled on the bed, snoring. Well... It was kind of late already. Mir invited himself into the room and started rummaging through Rain's pile of works. If he remembered right, Rain did keep his sketchbook for him and... Found it. It was in the drawer. Mir flipped through the pages and smile at his own drawing of Rain and his mother. Almost half of the drawings were drawings of the beautiful places in Jansung, his mother and Rain. Few of them of his old friends. Mir flipped on the last page and his smile slightly faltered. It was a sketching of a boy potrait. He remembered drawing this after waking up from his dream about a small boy playing with him. Having fun. Maybe... Maybe it was Jaejin?

     Mir caressed the potrait and smiled, even chuckled softly. It was really fun in the dream. If Jaejin was real, he believed they would make the best of friend. But he couldn't be sure. He couldn't remember. He wished he did.

     Closing the book, Mir stroded back to his own room, but only after fixing the blanket over Rain and michieviously giving his hyung a pinch in the nose so his hyung would stop snoring. Oh the face Rain made when his breathing suddenly being cut off... So funny.

     However, once Mir enter his room, he frowned at the emptiness. Waltzing to his desk, he saw a small note left by GO saying he wanted to see Joon. Mir had given GO Joon's adress that he had so unceremoniously stole from students' file in Rain's care. Of course he could have ask Joon himself but that would be weird. He didn't even have Joon's phone number and asking for his adress would be too, yeah, weird.

     He guessed he could let GO spend his time with his younger brother. Maybe that would help GO to remember. Mir threw himself heavily unto the bed and his hands automatically started sketching faces in the book. Drawing had became more like a habit to Mir, plus Rain had said that he had an artistic hand. First half an hour, he spent sketching Lizzy, Nicole and Sanghyun playing under the rain and another half an hour he spent drawing GO sitting upside down on the ceiling of his room with manga in hands. Mir laughed to himself. He had some great friends.

 

######

 

Groaning, Mir felt like kicking whoever it is that is still trying to wake him up by playfully shaking the bed. Still closing his eyes, Mir clung on the headboard of his bed when he felt cold fingers wrapped around his ankle and trying to pull him off the bed, as if he would let that happened.

     "Yah! Wake up cutie!" That by now familiar voice hovered around Mir and the tug on Mir's ankle became stronger that sleepy Mir finally lost his grip on the headboard of the bed, sliding through the rest of the bed and fall on the floor in a really uncool look.

    Mir grumbled and sat up as he felt the same cold fingers slipped into his bedhair and ruffled them in playful way. It was already hard for Mir to open his eyes so early in the morning and GO decided it would be a great idea to just lift Mir up and dump the boy who was still fully dressed in pajama into the bathtub he had prepared.

    "YAH!" Mir squeaked when he felt himself being dunked into the water and now his eyes were fully opened. Coughing and wiping his wet face, Mir casted a glare on GO when he heard echoed of laugh in the bathroom. "You're lucky you're dead or I would have kill you by now." Mir seethed and tried to get himself out of the bathtub when GO pushed against his shoulder.

     "Stay here for a while."

     "Huh?" Mir blinked as he fall back down into the water from the force. He was about to get mad when he saw the look in GO's eyes. Something was bothering the spirit, obviously. Concerned like always, Mir scooted closer to the side of the bathtub and lowered his head to get clearer view of GO's face.

      GO smiled at the cute sight in front of him and pinched the younger's cheek. "It's warm here." GO said and only then Mir realized the water was indeed warm. "You feel cold after... Urm, anyway, so I thought this would work."

     Mir hummed and nodded, relaxing his body in the warm water. "It feels good." Mir sighed contentedly. They let the silent accompany them for a few moments until Mir spoke again. "How's your dongsaeng?"

      "He's cute. Just like you." GO answered. "But..." A frown painted his features. "He lives alone."

      Mir's brows raised high. "Really? Maybe he's here alone because of you." GO nodded as Mir had already told him all that he knew and about the conversation Mir had overheard from Sanghyun and Seungho and also Joon. "Maybe he's taking me to see your father this weekend." Mir added but then he made a face. "But that would be weird. Why would he take me of all people to meet your father?"

    GO stood up and fake an angry face with both hands on his hips. "Are you saying my cute dongsaeng is weird?"

     "Yup." Mir answered noncahalantly, looking inddifferent.

      GO gaped and started splashing water to Mir's face, catching the younger in surprise and when Mir tried to do the same, GO just float higher with loud evil laugh. "Yah!"

 

 

happy new year