35...

Black Notebook

Just so you guys know, I'm still trying for the unfinished fic. *clear my throat* Really sorry for the wait... :( I'll keep trying

 

"MIR! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE ON RESPONDING TO MY CALL? I LEFT LIKE ELEVEN MISCALLS AND DOUBLED THE NUMBER OF TEXTS YET YOU DON'T EVEN REPLY ONCE. I HAD ALMOST BOARD THE EARLIEST FLIGHT TO YOU BUT THEN I REMEMBER I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU ARE-"

                "Yah! Stop screaming!" Mir shouted back into the phone after putting a distance between the gadget and his abused ears. He let the small towel he used to dry his hair after his shower to fall around his nape. He was in a game against Joon for another three hours before finally he gave up when their score tied on 6 to 6. But since he gave up first, Joon was considered the winner. He wondered though, whether it was just his feeling or his stamina really didn't serve him much these days, as if he was getting weaker. "I left my phone in the room. I was out playing."

                "Are you alright?"

                At Rain's sudden question, Mir rose his brow and made a small sound of 'huh?'.

                "Is everything okay there?" When Mir just kept quiet, Rain spoke again. "Mir? Are you still there?"

                "Yea... Yea... I'm listening. Everything is just fine here? Why did you ask?"

                "...Nothing."

                "Hyung..." Mir pestered, obviously knowing something was bothering Rain. It wasn't that hard to notice anyway.

                "Really, it's nothing."

                Mir rolled his eyes despite knowing Rain couldn't see, so he topped his gesture off with a harsh annoyed sigh, gaining himself his older brother's chuckle from the end of the line. "Hyung, tell me." Mir resorted to whining.

                "I said nothing Mireu-ya... I'm just worried not knowing where you are."

                "Oh yea." Mir laughed slightly, smacking his own head. "I forgot to tell you. I'm in Busan." Mir quickly informed and Rain hummed to it. "Hyung, I'm sleepy~" Mir sang song cutely, letting his back flopped down onto the soft mattress.

                "So, sleep. Why are you acting all cute to me? It's not like I can tuck you in from here." Rain joked but Mir guessed Rain was about to say something more and the older did. "Is GO with you?"

                "No..." Mir chewed on the bottom of his lips when he was reminded of GO again. "Hyung." He called out quietly. "There's something you need to know about GO hyung."

                "Did he hurt you?"

                "Huh? Wha- No!" Mir quickly denied, frowning deeply at Rain's unreasonable suspicion towards GO, at least to Mir, it seemed unreasonable but Rain had every reason to worry about Mir when it came to GO.

                Ever since Mir told him about GO, Rain had noticed changes on Mir. Subtle changes, but to attentive Rain, it was as clear as the day. Mir got clingier on GO by day and slowly and ever so slightly was creating distance from Rain that Rain bet the younger didn't even notice that fact like he did. Each day, Mir's skin getting slightly colder than the day before. Mir's living warmth was as if being seeped away from him. Mir's used to be caramel-colored skin turned a bit pale and ashen by day. The only thing that helped Rain to convince himself Mir was fine was that the younger's unchanged cheerful smile and his unending energy. But even that didn't do much of the work and he found himself worrying more over his dongsaeng.

                "GO hyung is still alive." Mir blurted out.

                "Huh?" Dumbfounded, Rain only stared like an idiot on the small gadget in his hold before putting it back near his ear.

                "GO hyung is still alive." Mir repeated and waited for good half a minute until Rain finally respond.

                "Are you- What are you- Is this- But he- Wait. Mir. Stop joking around."

                Mir let out a long breath. "I was just as doubtful as you if not for me seeing it right before my eyes. But, hyung, don't tell anyone."

                "You- I-" Rain gave up trying to form sentences and just fell silence. Part of him was confused. Big part of him was worried that Mir might be delusional, since Mir was becoming too close with GO.

                "Hyung. Trust me." Mir said, sensing Rain's distrust. "Joon hyung told me that..." Mir paused and inhaled deeply before telling Rain all that he knew from Joon. Rain just listened quietly from the other line, only making small humm once in a while to ensure Mir he was still listening. "So..." Mir trailed off in the end.

                "That is really unexpected." Was all Rain could say for now. So, maybe GO wasn't as much of a threat towards his little brother?

                Mir rolled over to his side, hugging the big fluffy pillow there, somewhere in the middle of his story-telling he somehow found a comfortable position, lying on the large queen-size bed. He snuggle into the pillow, willing himself to stay awake for a little bit more to hear Rain's thought on this. But after the game, he was really tired and unknowingly to him, his lids slowly closing, and in the middle of his walk towards the sleeping state, he mumbled something incoherent. "Why... Tired so."

                "Mir? What are you mumbling on? Are you asleep? Hey, Mir? Aisy this kid." Rain shook his head in disbelief. "Sweet dream uri maknae." Rain whispered sweetly before cutting off the line.

                Though... He still had lots to think after what Mir had just told him.

 

###########

 

Mir curled under the blanket, still shivering from cold. He didn't realized he was getting colder each day, losing his warmth each day like Rain had notice. He figured, it was normal to feel this cold because of GO's presence.

                Feeling someone shaking his shoulder lightly, Mir inhaled deeply and pulled the blanket over his head, rolling to the other side while mumbling, "Five minutes more, hyung." A set of chuckles followed after but the intruding hand still had no sign of stopping when Mir felt jabbing on his waist. Mir's hands flailed around to stop the tickling attempt. "Let me sleep~" He whined, but it didn't work. Annoyed at how persistent the person is, Mir scolded. "Hyung! Stop it!" Again, the pocking didn't stop. "GO hyung!"

                Finally it stopped but the abruptness in it alarmed Mir slightly. Slowly pulling down the blanket to uncover his face, Mir's brown eyes widened at the sight of Joon sitting on the bed, a frown upon his face as he looked down on Mir. Mir jolted up on the bed, realizing his own slip up.

                "Why would you call his name?" Joon asked slowly, confusion clear on his features.

                Mir blinked. He opened and closed his mouth before deciding to just used his usual way to escape his slip up. Feigning ignorance. "Whose name?"

                "My hyung."

                "Huh? What are you talking about?" Mir let his eyes wandered away from Joon's piercing stare as he casually threw the blanket off and tried to climbed down the bed when Joon's hand caught his shoulder. Sharp gasp followed just after.

                "Mir!"

                Joon turned Mir around to face him and held both the younger's shoulder. The confused look now was replaced by worries which would have startled Mir if not for the younger already had at Joon's outburst. Mir flinched when Joon's hand cupped his cheeks.

                "You're cold!" He said. Too cold. Like that time in the kendo room. "Are you feeling sick?" Mir shook his head absentmindedly, but somehow...

                "Is the room spinning?" Mir asked in a small hushed voice, eyes starting to look unfocused and later black spots covering his sight before he was engulfed into the darkness. The last thing he heard was Joon shouting his name, but it sounded so far away...

                A dark presence watching from the window, it took one step closer and grinned, showing the lines of sharp teeth. It able to take another step closer today. And it was really close now. Close to Mir. "Soon..." It whispered huskily into the air, watching as other desperate dark spirits hanging around the boy, waiting for the chance just like it. "Soon enough... You'll be mine." When I was close enough.

 

########

 

GO was woken up when something warm seeping through his chest. As soon as his eyes were opened, his dark orbs darted towards the red glowing ribbon which glowing even brighter than usual. Sure, the warmth came from the ribbon and went straight into his chest was comforting and addictive but at the same time, he couldn't help but feeling scared for Mir.

                He wasn't a fool. He noticed how this so called bond was affecting Mir. Glancing for the last time at his unmoving body on the bed, hooked on machine, GO smoked through the walls, following the ribbon towards Mir only to have his heart almost stop beating at the sight of Mir lying limp in Joon's hold on the bed, unresponsive and pale as death. The glowing ribbon seemed pulsating as if it was transferring something from Mir to GO.

                "Mir! Wake up! Yunho hyung!" Joon was clueless on what to do. He softly patted Mir's freezing cheek yet the younger just lying still there, in his hold. "Mir! Yunho hyung!" He kept shouting but of course his voice won't reach every corner of this large house.

                GO who was watching before took a shaky step closer, one hand holding the part of the ribbon that was still glowing bright but he was halted when suddenly he saw dark smoke starting to appear around Mir, and slowly morphed into form of spirits, enclosing on the unconscious teenager, and despite having seeing this situation for the first time, GO could see the intention of each of the vengeful spirits as clear as glass. GO shook his head in horror. How come he never saw these spirits around Mir before? "S-stop! NO!" GO shouted, trying to stop this. Trying to tug the ribbon out of his chest. Trying to stop himself from taking away Mir's warmth. Mir's life. This wasn't what he want. He didn't want this!

                The glowing of the ribbon slowly dimmed out and GO opened his eyes to Joon who was gathering Mir in his hold, carrying the limp body of Mir down the bed and towards the bedroom door but as he reached the door where GO was standing close to, Mir stirred awake, looking up at Joon with confusion.

                "Joon hyung? Why are you carrying me?" Mir tilted his head on his side, squirming slightly to be put down and Joon complied, putting the smaller boy lightly on the floor. When Mir stumbled slightly, both GO and Joon reached out for the younger to steady the boy and that was when a gasp escape both the siblings' lips.

                Their hands overlapped and... And they felt it... Both of them.

                Mir held his pounding head, and looked to both GO and Joon. His eyes narrowed when he saw how Joon was looking at where GO was standing with wide eyes, as how GO was too. "H-hyung." He called out hesitantly. "Did you see him?" When Joon didn't respond to him, Mir pushed off both GO's and Joon's hand which were still gripping his arm and proceeded to shook Joon's shoulder, calling for the older a bit louder, this time, Joon blinked once and turned to look at Mir. "You... Did you feel something?"

                "Huh?" Joon asked, still very much had his eyes wide and his jaw slightly hanging.

                "Did you see him?"

                Joon stared at Mir long enough to make the younger fidgeted. A flash of recognition shone on Joon's face as his eyes studied Mir a bit longer. "Who is he?" Mir gulped as this was the first time he heard Joon using such a low voice towards him. His eyes flickered towards GO and it didn't go unnoticed by Joon who also followed the direction of Mir's eyes. "Is he there? Who is he? What is he?"

                GO nodded to Mir. Mir nodded back before his eyes fixed on Joon, staring deeply into the older's almond eyes. "It might sound ridiculous." He started. "I found it ridiculous myself but... Actually. How do I say this? Don't get it wrong. And please don't get mad. I'm not trying to be rude and I might sound cra- This might sound insensitive but... Ah! Screw it!" Mir sighed exasperatedly. "He's GO hyung." He blurted out, all the while his eyes never left Joon.

                There was a moment of silent when Joon's features tensed at the name escaped from Mir's mouth. "W-What did you just say?" Joon asked, his voice barely heard but in the silence of this room, there was no way Mir would miss it.

                Mir sighed again, this time softly. "I can see what other people can't but not always, I guess. For now, I can only see GO hyung. Although..." Mir trailed off in the end when he remembered that one time when he heard sound of footsteps haunting him. He shivered slightly, chasing away that memory.

                Joon's eyes seemed smaller and his jaw tightened. He grabbed Mir on the collar, yanking until the boy's face mere inches from his own. "What are you playing at?" He seethed dangerously.

                "H-hyung." Mir stuttered out. To be honest, Joon's reaction was kind of expected. The issue Mir was raising was indeed sensitive. Telling someone that their family members were ghost called for this kind of reaction, however, since Joon was always gentle and kind towards Mir, this kind of reaction still managed to surprise the younger.

                Joon inhaled deeply, averting his eyes and slowly released Mir's collar. He was beyond angry, his blood boiled, his chest hurt. How could Mir said GO was now a ghost? When GO was still alive in the other room. What kind of game was Mir playing at?

                Closing his eyes, Joon mentally forced himself to stay calm and tried to think through this carefully and slowly instead of rushing and implode on Mir but before he could even arrange his thought, he felt cold hand landed softly on his forearm. It was Mir's.

                "I know hyung. What I did say was ridiculous and kind of rude but it's the truth." Mir said softly, comfortingly, his eyes showed honesty. "I don't know how did it end up this way and I don't know why GO hyung's spirit is here when he obviously is still alive." Mir grabbed on Joon's another arm, forcing the older to face him. He waited until Joon lift up his face again and their eyes met. "I'm telling the truth. GO hyung is here."

                "How do you expect me to believe you?" Joon asked weakly. Defeat evident on his features as he slowly pushed Mir's hand off of him.

                "I don't know. Just do, okay?" Mir pleaded but then he flinched when he saw tears escaped Joon's eyes and the older sobbed quietly.

                "How can you, of all people toy with my feeling this way?"

                At Joon's accusation, Mir shook his head. He opened his mouth to say something but Joon's phone rung, taking away his chance. He watched carefully as Joon answered the call. The sadness in his eyes slowly disappeared, taken over by anger. "Are you sure about this? It's AXE? What about the evidence?"

                Mir looked to his side when GO gasped at the words Joon had spoke. Mir was a step late but then he remembered that. He remembered AXE. That must be the private investigator Joon had hired, the one on the other line.

                "I'm going to kill them." Joon hissed, pocketing his phone and walking past Mir but was caught by his arm.

                "Please don't hyung. You're going to get killed." Mir said, clinging on Joon's arm with all he got but strangely, he felt like his power was half gone, he felt weak and shaky, barely able to keep himself steady.

                Because of Mir's weakened state, Joon easily pulled his arm out of Mir's grip. "Not before I kill them first." He said, leaving Mir behind.

                "Mir! You need to stop him!" GO almost shouted out of panic eyes wide in fear as he watched his dongsaeng stomped out of the guest room. This was exactly the reason why he kept this as secret from Seungho because he didn't want Seungho to tell Joon. He didn't want either Seungho or Joon to take such a rash decision and got caught in something as dangerous as this. He didn't want any of his precious family and friend to end up like him.

                "Arasso, hyung." Mir answered, uncharacteristically weak as he went back to his bed, gathering his stuff. Mir swayed slightly as he raced down the stairs with pale face. He almost fall at the last step but fortunately Yunho was just in time to catch him.

                "Mir-shi? Are you okay? You look-" Before Yunho could even finish, Joon's voice boomed from the living room.

                "Faster Yunho hyung! I need to get to Seoul tonight!"

                "De, Joon-shi." Yunho turned back to Mir, brows pulled together seeing the teenager a bit shaky.

                "Take me as well." Mir whispered, eyes almost closing but he shook his head harshly to stay awake.

                "I don't think you should take the flight in this condition." Yunho commented, frowning even more at the coldness Mir's skin was emitting. He took off his own coat and put it around Mir in reflex, even rubbing his palm against Mir's arm. "Why are you so cold?" He whispered more to himself and it seemed that Mir didn't hear his last question.

                Mir gripped on the front of Yunho's button up shirt. "Yes, I can." He said determinedly as his eyes flickered to GO who was floating ahead, towards Joon in haste. Mir panted slightly. Damn it! Did I catch a fever or something? Mir held his pounding head. Why the hell did he feel this weak? "Yunho-shi, help me." Mir asked, half ordering, taking a wobbly step forward all the while still clutching on Yunho's shirt for support for he felt like he would fall anytime.

                "Arasso." Not that Yunho had a choice. With the tone Mir was using against him, he unconsciously nodded to the younger's request, helping Mir towards Joon.

                None of GO or either Joon noticed of Mir's worsened condition. Joon was too drowned in his rage while GO was too drowned in his worries over his little brother. While Mir...

                He was losing his essence of life...