Chapter 4

My Pain

Jessica's POV

"Kate?" I asked, confusion evident in my voice.

What did she want from me?

"Listen you swine, Jack is mine, so back off!" she said to me, shocking me even more. I mean, she looked so innocent and sincere and all that, but I guess she's an evil witch in reality.

Wait, did she just call me a swine? As if on cue, my wolf growled. She hated the thought of our mate with someone else and she certainly not like getting insulted. She growled back and threw a punch at me but I dodged it and punched her in the stomach. Wait how? I don't even know how to fight. Oh yeah, I remember, it's almost natural for a wolf to be strong if he or she is and alpha, luna, beta or beta female. But you still have to work harder to get stronger.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a sickening pain in my stomach making me groan. People just hate my stomach, don't they?  I decided to retaliate. I let my fingers clench into my palm to form a fist and threw a punch to her face wincing when my wrist started to throb in pain. I was satisfied when I heard a crack. I wanted to punch her once again. However, my fist was held by another strong hand before it came in contact with Kate's face. I looked at who did it and saw a very furious Jack standing there.

As soon as Kate acknowledged Jack, she changed her facial expressions from a furious cat to an innocent little puppy. I would have fell for her fake innocence if I didn't know her true self.

"Look Jack, look at what she did to me!" she exclaimed, letting a few crocodile tears escape her eyes which ruined her make up.

"She's lying!" I growled at her.

"Enough!" exclaimed Jack in his Alpha tone making both Kate and I back down.

"Now, who started it?" he demanded.

"She did. She called me here to meet her after school." She exclaimed.

"What? You're the one who called me!" I exclaimed.

"And then she punched me and told me to stay away from you." She added.

"No! She's lying!" I said.

Jack would believe me right? Of course he'd believe me, he's my mate, right? My thoughts were interrupted when Jack slapped me across my cheek and I fell to the ground.

Kate was smirking beside him but when Jack turned around to look at her, she pulled up an innocent face once again. He rubbed his thumb against her cheek lovingly. I stood up and looked at them. He was supposed to do that to me, not her.

"You! Go to my office now!" he commanded and I nodded, not wanting to see him being so affectionate to her. I ignored the sharp spasms of pain that I felt in my chest and walked away from there.

"Kate, you go to the nurse, okay?" I heard him say.

"Okay baby." She said innocently and I practically heard her peck his cheek.

He had an office in both the school and the pack house. I went inside and sat down on one of the chairs. Just as I did, he entered the office and walked to me. Now, I was scared. I looked away, not wanting to face his angry, cold eyes.

"Look at me." He said calmly but I shook my head.

"NOW!" he screamed and automatically my eyes found his.

"I told you not to bother me, didn't I?" he asked.

"Y-yes." I stuttered.

"Then why did you do that to Kate?" he demanded.

"I didn't. She's the one who called me and told me that you belong to her and that I should back off. In fact, I wasn't even the one who started the fight, it was her. I was just defending myself." I said in a low voice.

"Kate would never do that!" he said.

"The heck? You believe her and not me? You're such a stupid mate!" I said angrily which earned me a slap on my face.

"Shut up!" he said.

That's it! I'm done being kind. My knee came in contact with whatever it was between his legs. I heard him groan in pain before I ran away from there.

I went straight to Anna's house because it was the nearest from here. I knocked on the door continuously until she opened.

"Who the he-" she began to say but stopped.

"Jessica?" she asked confused.

"Are you okay?" she asked but I just pulled her in for a hug and let it all out. I've had enough of people hating me. What have I done to get a life like this? She invited me in and I told her everything that happened which obviously pissed her off.

"That plastic (Kate)" was all she said, trying to contain her anger. She then sighed.

"What are you going to do about it?" she asked and I shrugged.

"My dad was right. I deserve pain." I said between tears. I've cried after a long time and it feels good to cry even though I don't know why (A/N: Hey, that rhymes!).

"I'm gonna go home, okay?" I said and she nodded.

"Don't worry, you'll get him back." she said and I saw a weird glint in her eyes.

"Anna?" I asked suspiciously.

"What?" she shrugged.

"What are you planning?" I asked.

"Nothing. Go home." she said and I reluctantly left.

I got home and wasn't beaten up by my father which was weird. Why? Because I'm always beaten up by him. I quickly scanned the house to see if he was around but he wasn't and so I went to my room. I was flabbergasted to see the difference. The bed frames were no longer old dirty looking ones, they were new and polished. I went to my cupboard which was also new and transformed, and found out that it had new clothes.

'SOMETHING'S WRONG!' I told Kelly.

'WHAT'S WRONG?' she asked.

'I HAVE NEW CLOTHES IN MY CUPBOARD.' I told her.

'WHAT'S WRONG IN THAT?' she asked.

Before I answered her, I was interrupted by my father.

"Jessica." he said and I turned around. Weird, he never calls me by my name. He always replaces my name with a profanity or something.

"Yes dad?" I asked.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I've done." he said and my jaw dropped. What he did next shocked me even more, he came to me and hugged me. He even smiled and then left.

What the chicken nuggets just happened?