Chapter 2

My Pain

Jessica's POV

I would want someone to pinch me, because if it was a dream, it was a very bad one.

His next action shocked me even more. It made my wolf howl in pain. Tears were threatening to fall down my cheeks but I blinked them away. And before I knew it, I started to run. I could hear my friends calling after me but I ignored them and continued running. Who wouldn't though? What would you do if your mate kisses another girl in front of you?

I ran to the woods and shifted. I couldn't get the image of it out of my head. This was too much for me. It was more than the physical pain I felt everyday because of my father's beatings.

I stopped after sometime and changed my clothes. I walked to the cemetery where my mother's grave. I went to her grave and sat in front of it and just stared at it, thinking about everything that had happened in just one day.

Jack's POV (Before Jessica ran away)

I was headed to my locker and was in a hurry when I bumped into someone. I flinched when my wolf, Aiden, started shouting something at me.

He started screaming in my head like a girl and repeated the word, 'MATE'. I was still in shock but her apology snapped me out of it. For some reason, she wouldn't look up at me which pissed me off and I demanded her to do so.

She then looked up into my eyes and man was she beautiful. She had beautiful brown eyes and before I could ask for her name, my beta, Ron came to me to discuss about some issues that I had to deal with.

"Sure, I'll get it done Alpha." he said after I told him what to do. After he left, I looked back at my mate and asked her to meet me after school.

I rushed to the locker and got my stuff. I felt arms around my waist and I knew that it was Kate, my girlfriend. I really loved her. She and I have been together for like 2 years. Kate is like the sweetest person on earth. She was beautiful but not as much as my mate. She's both my girlfriend and my best friend. Even Ron was my best friend.
 

"I missed you baby!" she said and I smiled. Well it was a fake smile.

"I missed you too Kate!" I said and we walked together to the next class. I put my arm around her waist protectively when my wolf snorted.

'WHAT?' I asked him.

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WHAT"? 'YOU SHOULD BE DOING THAT TO OUR MATE, NOT HER!' he growled.

'SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL NOT BREAK UP WITH HER FOR ANOTHER GIRL!' I yelled at him.

''ANOTHER GIRL? SHE'S NOT AN ORDINARY GIRL, SHE'S YOUR MATE!! DO YOU EVEN LOVE KATE?' he muttered. But for that I had no answer and so I shut him out.

We both entered the class together and she said, "I love you!"

I smiled and said, "I love you, too!" But it didn't feel right. I gave her a kiss and she slowly kissed me back.

I looked around the class to find Ron and ask him if he did what I told him to do but instead, my eyes landed on her. My mate. I suddenly felt guilty for kissing Kate.

Her eyes held sadness, anger and hurt. Tears were forming in her eyes but she blinked them away and just ran away. A cute short girl and a tall guy called after her but she ignored them and kept on running.

My body just reacted and the next thing I knew was that I was running after her. I shifted and followed her scent to the woods. I saw her heading to the cemetery. She then went in front of someone's grave, sat there and just stared at it. I don't know what came up to me but I went to her and sat next to her. She stood up, probably to run away but I held her hand and pulled her back down.

"Stay!" I commanded using my Alpha tone which cannot be denied by anyone, except from her maybe, since she is supposed ti be a luna. But as long as she doesn't know that, i'm good.

She sighed and sat down next to me.

"My name is Jack." I said trying to start a conversation.

"I'm Jessica." she whispered.

I kept on trying to get her to talk to me but it just wasn't working. However, my next question seemed to get to her.

"Who's grave is this?" I asked her and she stiffened.

"It's okay if you don't want to tel-"

"It's my mother's." she cut me off. My wolf whined due to seeing her like that. She looked so....broken.

"She was killed by rogues." she said and I nodded.

"When is your birthday?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"My birthday is on 4th March." she said and my eyes lit up. Her birthday was in 3 days and I intended on making up to her.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 17." she said. I was a year elder than her.

"When did you get your wolf?" I asked her.

"I got it on the same day as my birthday, when I turned 16." she replied.

Wait, so  this would be her second heat. What happened on her first one? Did she find somebody else on her first one? My wolf growled at the thought of a man other than me touching her.

"What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"How did you spend your first heat?" I asked with pure anger. She flinched at my anger and so I tried to calm myself down.

"I was locked up in Anna's room at her house. Why?" she asked. Thank god! I sighed internally.

"No reason. We need to go." I said and she nodded.

And what I did next was not my fault. It should be blamed on my hormones or my wolf.

I kissed her...