Chapter 3

My Pain

Jessica's POV

Did he just kiss me? Holy cow!! That was the best kiss ever! Well duh! It was my only kiss and that too with my mate! I pulled back first as I was running out of breath. I bet I was smiling like an idiot and I'm also pretty sure that my smile must have dropped as I remembered him kissing some other girl in the morning.

The happiness was long gone and right now I was pissed! He kisses somebody else in front of me and now he kisses me. Is he using me? Who does he think he is? Just because he's the alpha doesn't mean that I'll hesitate to slap him or something!

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned as he noticed the change of my expressions.

"What do you mean by 'what's wrong?'? In the morning you kissed your girlfriend and now you kiss me? Are you kidding me? Do you think that I'm someone to be used just like that?!!" I yelled at him and his eyes started to change color.

"You will not talk to me like that!" he said in his alpha tone.

Just so you know, nobody can ignore the alpha's tone. Why? Because it has a real strong effect and it's really hard to do so. However, if a person has a lot of will power that's when you can do it. I have heard about people doing that before but I have barely seen someone doing it in person.

"I'm sorry alpha." I said looking down but not feeling so guilty.

"Now you listen to me. You're my mate and so you'll do what I say." he said and I nodded.

"You will not look at another man or even be with one. You will mind your own business. I don't want you to bother me at all. And you WILL respect me. Do you understand?!!" he said, more like screamed.

What's with him? Just before sometime he was being so nice to me and I actually thought that he wasn't as bad as he acted to be like. I didn't realize that I had tears in my eyes that were threatening to fall.

No! I will not cry. I wouldn't show my weakness to anyone. I blinked away my tears and looked at him in the eye and said, "I will do as you say alpha."

He sighed. "You don't need to call me that. You're my mate." he said.

"I'll do what you want me to do Alpha. After all I've been a servant for all my life." I spat in his face and left.

But before I could even take 2 steps, I felt a hand on mine that pulled me back, away from the direction I was heading to. He then did something that no alpha does to a female pack member, let alone a mate.

Seriously? How many times does my poor stomach have to be punched?! I whimpered a little and winced in pain. When he looked at me being in pain, his face softened but the softness was gone in a blink, as soon as it came, it left.

"That was punishment for talking back to me in such a rude way." he stated.

"Let's go!" he said.

"Oh and you must not tell anyone that I'm your mate." he ordered and I nodded silently.

We went to school and back to the class which we left. The first lesson was about to end so I didn't want to go in but he did and I had no choice but to follow him in.

"Sorry Mr.Miller, I was late because I had some pack duties to do and this lady here was late because she was with me to help me up." he said to our boring maths teacher.

Mr.Miller looked at both of us and nodded. "Go take your seats." he said.

I scoffed. The perks of being the alpha. Nobody questions you. I could see his girlfriend glaring at me but I just ignored her and went to my seat which was between Anna and Jake. They both looked concerned but I chose to ignore them as well and pretended to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Anna kept on looking at me then Jack and back at me then at Jack. I bet she knew something was up. The girl is smart in basically everything. And Jake obviously had no clue as to what was going on.

After the class ended, Jake asked me where I was in the morning and I told him that I missed my mother and so I ran to the cemetery. Fortunately, he believed me and gave me a hug to comfort me.

I also saw Jack and his girlfriend arguing about something. It looked quite serious and I did not want to know whatever was happening between them.  I smiled at the girl despite the fact that she was glaring at me openly.

---------------------------------- H O M E   T I M E -----------------------------------

Finally the day ended. By the end of today, I had found out the name of Jack's girlfriend. She was called Kate. I even saw her and Jack kiss many times during the day. It broke my heart to see my mate with someone else but I tried my best to brush it off.

'Meet me behind the school now!' said a voice.

Who would mind link me? It can't be Jake or Anna because they just left. So who could it be? I groaned at the idea of it being Jack. If today had not happened, I would have been delighted at the thought of meeting my mate after school.  But since I didn't have super powers to reverse the day or something, I reluctantly headed to the quiet side of the school.

I was of coarse surprised to see who it was.