Chapter 1

My Pain

Jessica's POV

My eyes shot open due to the loud string of profanities that came from my not so father-like father. I wonder why I even called him that and couldn't help but miss the reason for it, my mother. The person who I lost when I was a baby.

Anyways, I am Jessica Anderson and basically I'm a nobody to my father. I'm 17 years old and I have a mean and abusive father if you couldn't tell already. He hates me because of two reasons; one, i was a mistake and even so, he expected a son, and two, I looked a lot like my mother, I was her carbon copy, you could say.

I loved my mother so much and as cliche as it sounds, she was killed by rogues when I turned four. I had tried to save her but ended up with a not so pretty scar across my right eye-brow. I flinched at the memory of being stitched up by my pack doctor.

I had two best friends, Jack and Anna. We always stuck together and people would think so because we have no other friends but honestly, I'd rather drown than hang out with a couple of people at my school that weren't Jack or Anna.

My birthday was a weird day for me. Why? I have three reasons; one, my mother died on the day of my birthday, when we were taking a walk in the woods, two, I got my wolf on the very day I turned 16, and three, female werewolves go in heat every year the day they get their wolves. And apparently I got my wolf on my birthday which means that I get to experience excruciating pain on a day that's supposed to be special for me.

On my 17th birthday I had my first heat and damn it was painful as I expected it to be. I had to stay over at Anna's house because I couldn't stay at home with my father around. And luckily, Anna's father wasn't around either. She was the only child in her family, just like me.

I was told that if you haven't found your mate, your heat will be painful but if you have found your mate and he still isn't there for you during your heat or something it's even MORE painful, if that's even possible. And so I'm worried. I've had enough pain in my life already, I didn't want more.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my father screaming at me once again.

"Get here now you little piece of trash!" he screamed from upstairs. I ran upstairs and saw his room. Darn it! I forgot to clean his room yesterday. Oh no! I'm toast!

"I'm so sorry dad, I forgot to clean your room yesterday." I said keeping my head low.

Just as I said that I felt a harrowing pain in my stomach and I choked out blood. He had punched me. I was supposed to be used to the pain by now but it feels like it keeps on getting worse every time. I kept on choking but every time I did it just hurt more and more. He just stood there laughing coldly at me but I didn't cry. I hadn't let out a tear since I was six. I wanted to show him that I was strong even though I wasn't.

"You're just as fake and stupid as your mother!" he said.

"You deserve to have more pain." he muttered and kicked me in the stomach and I choked out more blood. He pulled me by my hair making me wince in pain.

He then left the house like he usually did after beating me up to a pulp. Instead of crying I cleaned my self up together with his room and ran to the school ignoring the pain in my stomach.

I slowed down when I reached the school entrance. Fortunately this school only had werewolves and no humans giving us privacy to be shifting. I strolled to my locker which was next to lord knows who. I have never seen anyone come to that locker before.

On the way to my class I bumped into someone and of coarse I fell because I was really clumsy. I winced in pain as the ache in my stomach returned, if it ever left. I looked up to see a pair of brown eyes that belonged to Jake.

"Jessica I've told you a thousand times to not rush." he scolded while helping me get up. He knew about my father and therefore he always treats me like I'm too delicate.

"Whatever Jake, let's just go." I said.

"You go first I'll see you later, okay? I need to go to my locker. I forgot something." he said and I nodded.

"I'll see you later!" I said and left.

Being the clumsy person I am, I once again bumped into somebody. I had been told about meeting your mate the first time. I was told that your wolf becomes all hyper and happy and as if on cue, my wolf, Kelly, barked the word, 'mate' inside my head.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered and looked at the floor not wanting whoever it was to see last night's bruise left on my forehead by my father.

"Look at me." a deep voice said calmly.

I hesitated but looked up at him and when I did, I couldn't look away. He was CUTE and THE DEFINITION OF HANDSOME! Something about him kept screaming things like 'strong' and 'powerful'. He kept looking at me for what felt like hours but was probably a couple of seconds. And then some guy came and started talking to him, ruining our moment.

"Sure, I'll get it done Alpha." said the guy that too, carried quite a strong aura with him.

What??? Alpha?!!

My mate is an Alpha??

Why didn't I see him before?

"Meet me after school." he said and then just left like that.

I blushed due to the fact that my mate wanted to meet me. I was nervous but a part of me was relieved that he did not reject me. Wait, I had to meet him after school, but where? I looked for him but I didn't find him anywhere. I shrugged and went to my class and sat next to Anna.

"Jazz, I missed you!" she exclaimed. Anna and Jack called me Jazz. I was happy that I finally get to see her. The short holiday felt like a long vacation. I was about to tell her about my mate when I realized that I knew nothing about him except that fact that he was an Alpha.

"Hello?? Stop spacing out on me!" she exclaimed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh what?" I asked.

"I said, do you want to go hang out today after school?" she asked and I was about to say yes when I remembered that I had to meet my mate.

 "Ugh I can't. I'm sorry." I said.

"What? Why?" asked Jack. Wait, where did he come from?

"I found my m-mate." I said and looked down because I didn't want them to see me blush.

"What?" they both exclaimed at the same time.

I looked up to see a smile on their faces. However, Jack's smile didn't quite reach his eyes. I think I knew why but I wasn't quite sure of it. Was it because he liked me?

"Who?" asked Anna impatiently.

"The alpha." I mumbled but regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. There, at the door of the class stood my alpha mate, but not alone, with a girl next to him that didn't look like his friend but more than one.