Chapter 4

Prisoner Of Your Eyes

Hyungwon's eyelids flickered when the door slammed shut. He sat up groggily, trying to process what had happened but every time he blinked, it seemed like maybe he wasn't going to manage to open them again.

 

 

He absentmindedly frowned, feeling the sunshine on his cheeks when the sunlight streamed through the net curtain with the fresh aroma of fruits all around. Hyungwon closed his eyes & let his head hung forward like it was only loosely connected to his neck & shoulders.

 

 

After what seemed like 34 minutes had passed, Hyungwon slipped out of bed. He brushed his teeth & went back to into the bedroom, got down on his hands & knees & quickly pumped out press-ups. Once the lactic acid started to build up in his muscles & his arms began to shake weakly, he stayed on the ground until his breath was slowly returning.

 

 

Hyungwon padded to the vanity & groomed his golden hair carefully. He reached his hand for his favorite fragrance & sprayed himself after getting dressed. He moved to pick up the file that had been placed on top of the dining table when he saw a breakfast plate sitting on a silver tray. His eyes narrowed as he peered at the card that was next to it.

 

 

“we value our customers & appreciate your service” 

- Please enjoy your meal.

 

 

Hyungwon stared at the card, reading it over & over again. Maybe they had mistaken rooms because he doesn't remember ordering breakfast. He put the card up against the light to have a better look. Underneath the printed quote was a sentence written in blue ink but there was no name.

 

 

His nose wrinkled at the aroma of steaming hot Sundae soup. When it comes to food, Hyungwon had always been an extremely picky eater that even his friends acknowledge his eating habit is like a baby's. It is assuredly sent by one of his squad. None other than I.M & his sick trolls. Hyungwon decided to take it with him.

 

 

Hyungwon headed down the road to his car. The sidewalks were coated with withered multicolored leaves of autumn this afternoon, they whirled in eddies of wind. Golden leaves tried desperately to hang on the last pieces of summer as the blow snatched them away. Everything was dying yet it made him feel alive. This kind of brutality runs through his vain.

 

 

Hyungwon turned into the driveway & parked his vehicle, gently easing his foot down on the brake pedal. He took his belongings out of the passenger seat & exited the glossy black car. The noise hit him even before he opened the front door. The living room was in continual motion with the boys coming & going, amid laughter & boisterous conversation.

 

 

Hyungwon sat down his take-out bag & kicked off his shoes at the doorframe.

 

 

Minhyuk's head turned in his direction as he walked in, "you got me food?" he said in disbelief.

 

 

Hyungwon tossed the bag onto the latter's chest & shot I.M a sharp look, "it's very nice of you, Lim Chang Kyun. But if you are willing to do something generous at least get it right" he sneered before completing the journey to the basement downstairs.

 

 

"What? I didn't even get you that! pfft, get over yourself"

 

 

Hyungwon ignored I.M's distancing shouts from the living room & a quick thought creeped to him, 'who would send a treat with no name then?' however, he didn't bother trying to find out who's behind it for all he care.

 

 

The underground room was large but seemed ludicrously small because of the equipment. It had rows of long dining tables that was covered with guns & various deadly weapons & a computer station at a desk which was tucked away in the corner. A short boy with choco-brown hair was singing & making notes on a clipboard as he looked around the weapons. Naturally, his voice is soft however when he sings it is soul-soothing & sweet like honey. 

 

 

Hyungwon was opening his briefcase, "I found the next haunt" he let the A4 file he was holding fall onto the desk across the boy. 

 

 

Kihyun cocked his head questioningly before removing the file that contained a sheaf of photographs.

 

 

"Oh Ji Soo, mid-thirties, banker & single," Hyungwon said as Kihyun nodded & slowly leafed through them. The pictures displayed a head shots of a young clear face despite his age. The combination of arched sly brows & lips that naturally curled with icy contempt gave off a smug aura. A really punchable face. He looks like an avid drinker who sleeps around a lot & parties all night long.

 

 

Kihyun eyes met Hyungwon's, "what time does he work?" he asked.

 

 

"He has night shifts every day from 8:20 PM to 12:35 AM" Hyungwon replied then collected the photos. Right in time, Jooheon descended the basement stairs & Hyungwon explained everything to him one more time as he calmly studied half a dozen photographs. 

 

 

A smirk played across Jooheon's lips. They noticed his vicious smirk & the only thing that kept running through their mind was that he wanted the same thing they wanted.