Chapter 2

Prisoner Of Your Eyes

'You used to call me on my cellphone. late night when you need my love. call me on my cellphone-'

 

A phone on the coffee table began to vibrate along with the grooving ringtone, drawing the milky-faced guy to the couch.


 
He picked it up lazily & pressed the green button, "hey, what is it now?" he sighed.


 
The male on the other line cut to the chase - "Finish her off"


 
He fixed himself on his seat, "Alright. Give me fifteen minutes"

 



'10:30 pm’


 
Sang Hye's wristwatch reads. she dropped a silk cushion over the far end of the sofa then left the last room of today vacant. 


 
She remembered that scent. A strong, sophisticated aroma that had a way of tearing through the nasal passages. She can still vaguely recall the incident that happened earlier this day.


 
'Drunks,' Sang Hye thought, shaking her head.


 
They got a lot of committed drinkers round their way, drawn by the all-night pubs surrounding the hotel bar so this happens all the time. Residents leer drunkenly over her & get intimate. Sometimes, they tipsily shout curses at her for no reason.


 
Although this kind of situations often occur Sang Hye doesn't quite grasp it well & still find it intimidating to deal with them.
 


Sang Hye entered the stall, pulled off the dress & stuffed it into her duffel bag. Afterwards, she changed back into her comfortable jeans, sweater & sneakers.
 


She moved to the sink & started washing her hands. Sang Hye has an obsession with hygiene, which is not surprising for someone whose job is cleaning. She washes her hands several times a day. Also, she carries antibacterial hand wipes & a sanitizer almost everywhere. those who knew Sang Hye claimed even her clothes had an antiseptic tang.
 


Sang Hye then gazed at her reflection in the mirror. Her espresso-brown hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, she slid the elastic band out & it fell smoothly on her shoulders. She fixed her loose bangs with her fingers, running them across it & ruffling to give a smooth texture.
 


Throwing the duffel bag over her shoulder, she strutted down the hall to the lobby. The door buzzed & she stepped through the main doors, exiting the grand hotel. It was even colder than usual. The wind was making her bangs ruffle over her forehead.
 


It was a late night as San Hye cut through the square on her way home from work.


 
Sang Hye walked along narrow alley & the area started getting dim because of the broken arc lights. She hated this area, but there was no other direction that leads to her home other than this.
 


She was fumbling with her keys when she became aware of the man sauntering alongside but few metres far. 
 


He made a kissing noise at her as though he was cat-calling.
 


Sang Hye recoiled with disgust. She glanced over at him, but not at his face. He had the hoodie over his head so she couldn't see his face. His hands were hidden in his pockets. She could tell that he had a muscular figure underneath the oversized grey hoodie by the way his shoulders swayed as he moved.
 


She tried to walk away as he chuckled, "come on, smile for me" he said.
 


"Smile while you can" his voice dramatically changed into a hissing tone, "before you die" he pulled his hands out of his pocket & aimed a gun at her.
 


She instinctively froze.


 
His eyes were concealed dangerously in the shadow of his hoodie as a smirk spread across his lips. He knows exactly what he's doing.


 
Like any normal human being in this situation, Sang Hye had a massive panic attack right there on the spot. Her stomach started to churn & her knees felt weak.


 
The dead weight of her legs failed to support her & she razed onto the filthy ground landing on her knees. She begged for mercy, "please don't kill me" she sobbed violently.


 
He had taken pleasure in hearing her cry out, "any last words?" he played with the gun, teasing with her nerves.


 
"Take everything I have. Just don't take away the good life from me. I have so much to live for" she turned her bag upside down & dumped it. 


 
"I don't know," he grimaced "seems like the world losing you won't make any major difference," he said, thoughtfully.
 


Her mind kept thinking of the family who would never see her again.
 


She prayed for the last minute of her life.