Chapter 3

Prisoner Of Your Eyes

Sang Hye felt under the glare of the gun that aimed at her chest, at her heart to be precise.
 


In a click, she will be nothing but a mere memory.
 


In her last moment, Sang Hye can see her life flashing before her eyes.
 


What did she ever do to deserve this strict punishment. She began reflecting deeply on the worst trespass she had ever committed, 'throwing away a half sandwich because she couldn't finish it?'
 


Whereupon, without flinching & with never a thought for his own safety, a guy risked standing ahead of her for cover.
 


She squeezed her eyes shut, expecting to hear a gunshot any moment now.
 


Five seconds had passed.
 


"Are you okay?"
 


The brave guy is now looking down at her with his big brown eyes. His gaze taking in her state, she was staring straight at him with a baffled expression on her flushed face.
 


The wind was gusting through his jet-black knee-length coat, making it flutter briskly. Underneath it he wore a black & white flannel & casual jeans. His face was very familiar she thought.
 


The guy curved his back inwards as he outstretched his long arm to her.
 


Sang Hye nodded astonishingly before taking his hand. He pulled her up in one swift & she got on her feet steadily. Her eyes shifted past him, examining for the villain. She glimpsed a blur of movement of a shadow then it disappeared from her vision.
 


Sang Hye could only gaze blankly as that guy turned his back & walked away. After a long moment, she shivered at the sensation of cold air hitting her wet cheeks.
 


His scent lingered in the air long after his departure & realization hit her, 'that's the same guy in the hotel room... the guy who smelled so good'

 


 

The seven boys sat in the underground room where they generally gathered, planned & hid.


 
"What the heck, Hyungwon" Wonho took off his hoodie then fixed his shirt, "Why would you contradict yourself like that?"


 
He paused then squinted at Hyungwon suspiciously, "were you trying to impress that girl?"


 
Hyungwon snorted, "no, idiot" He was about to speak again when the raspy voice of his mate - Minhyuk gushed, "Ohh Hyungwonie~ my hero~" dramatizing how the girl must be feeling right now. He entirely stopped when he gained a deathly glare from Hyungwon.


 
Hyungwon rolled his eyes before promptly turning to face Wonho, "I figured why to kill her, she wouldn't tell anyone anyway. Because she knows very well that I will lodge a complaint with the manager for snooping on customers personal properties"


 
"Which means that will put her job at risk" Kihyun lit up.


 
"Exactly," Hyungwon spoke slowly. He wasn't particularly telling the truth, but he wasn't utterly lying either. It was much more than her just losing a whole-time job.


 
"The poor community. Too powerless to speak & too trivial to be heard" Jooheon muttered, more to himself than to anyone.


 
They sat in silence for several seconds, no additional remarks from the rest. They eyed Jooheon for commands as he drew in deeply on the last inch of cigarette, filling his lungs, then exhaling the smoke in a blue haze.


 
He finally stubbed out the remains of his cigarette & got on his feet, "we will continue tomorrow" he said before leaving the basement & everyone subsided out of the room.


 
Hyungwon had returned to the hotel & went back to his room. With a shrug, he let the coat fall from his shoulders & into the closet.


 
In the small pantry kitchen, Hyungwon made a cup of coffee for himself. He then added some milk & gave his coffee a stir. He picked up his cup before walking towards the large window. The busy streets of Seoul were bathed in the soft light of the moon.


 
He stood sipping the warm coffee & mused, 'she wasn't meant to die. Not after what she been through. Strong girl'


 
A while later Hyungwon closed the silky curtains & the lights away from the city dazzling lights & busy people. His chamber fell in full darkness.


 
It was passed midnight for now the only light coming from the laptop as Hyungwon was sitting on the bed. He breached the security system of police's site & searched the surname 'Kim'


 
Many identities appeared in a list but no matter how many profile Hyungwon looked at, he couldn't find that one specific person.
 


Hyungwon sighed then gently slid his index onto the trackpad to the search engine & typed 'Kim gunshot' into it before pressing the enter button.


 
It directed him to a profile of Mr. Kim JaeHyo & an image of him on the far left. He was in his mid-twenties when this photograph was taken, Hyungwon thought.
 

 

  • Death: internal bleeding due to a gunshot in the torso.
  • Details: The puncture wound & the hydrostatic shock wave pushed all the fluids out the hole & flooded other organs.

 

Hyungwon recalled the thrilling scene years ago. When the adrenaline kicked up & the blood supply to his peripheral nervous system was starved. Aiming was difficult under stressful situation so his physiological response of terror was to shoot, focusing on the wrong detail & it became fatal for the civilian.

 

  • Relationship Status: divorced from the first wife, Mrs. Jung Eun Ji.

 

Hyungwon searched for few more identities before stopping at the right target, Mr. Oh Ji Soo. He jotted down the important information before snapping the laptop shut & placing it on the table next to him. He crawled under the sheet & closed his eyes, drifting to the world of dreams.