The Fall of Every Thing

Gone with Regrets

It's been two years since Jiyong left me. Since then, I haven't received any calls, emails or even news about him. All I know is he left me without a reason. After the graduation I moved here near our University since our house is too far from this school so I need to live in a dorm while I'm studying. Every day, every night I wait for my parents call. I was hoping that maybe he send a letter to our house. Though I changed my phone number, I still hoped that he'll looked for me, that maybe he could have called my friends and ask for my new contact number but it only remained as thoughts. He never looked for me. I felt my tears run down. Jiyong-ah, why are you doing this to me? I thought I could forget you but it's still painful. The pain that you left is still aching. I wouldn't be like this if you could have just tell me the reason why you left me or it's better if you just told me that you don't love me any more. Why jiyong? Why? I can't hold it back anymore. The pain is eating me. His memories are all over my mind and heart. It was scattered and shuttered. I keep on thinking of the what if's. What if he didn't left me? Maybe we're studying in the same university together or maybe we're still togeteher now.

"You're crying again?" I wiped  my tears and turn to the person talking. It was chanyeol. Remeber that kid who confessed to me? Yes it's him. Chanyeol immediately comforted me when he learned about what happened to me and Jiyong. He had been always there for me. Cheering me up and made me forget the pain for a while. 

"Oh chanyeol-yah. You're here."He went near me and looked at my face with a serious and concerned look.

"Did you by any chance remember your memories with him again?" I kept silence. "Noona, if you want to be free from the pain, then you should let your self be free from your memories with him also."

"I can't chanyeol. It's hard." I turned my back at him. "Maybe I will stay like this. As long as Jiyong does not explain anything, I will stay like this. I really like to be from this pain chanyeol. I have been suffering from this pain for two years and it's unbearable. I tried to escape but the memory keeps on hunting me."

"I really envy Jiyong oppa." I looked at him. He just smiled at me and turned his head at the sky. "Jiyong oppa hurt you and left you. For two years he was not here beside you yet you still keep thinking of him. While me, I've been by your side for two years. I've been doing my best to cheer you up but even once, you haven't thought of me."

"That's not true."

"Noona, if you're going to say that you also think of me then that's gonna be a lie. How can you think of me when your mind was already occupied by Jiyong oppa?" I tap his back

"Chanyeol-ah,please don't say that. You know what, I was really thankful that you were by my side when I was deeply hurt. You made me smile and I cherished every moment that I'm with you. You're special to me. You're my vitamin so stop being a brat okay?" I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Thank you noona. I promise that I will continue being your vitamin until you get old." I chuckled. 

"Please don't break your promise chanyeol." He smiled at me

"Noona, it's your vacation right? Are you going to visit your parents?"

"Yup. Do you want to come with me?" 

"Can I?"

"Of course." He jumped like a kid with an ear-to-ear smile

"Yes! I want to eat you mom's kimchi pancake."

"Hahaha. You're such a kid. A cute dobi dobi kid."

"Noona! Stop teasing me."

"Okay. Hahaha. Come on let's go. My parents are already waiting."

*********

I was about to open our gate when I heard a song playing from our house that made my tears fall again. 

Hello by Adele (I used this song cause I think it's appropriate to the story. Kekeke. Please listen to this song while reading this last chapter. Adele's songs are good! :) )

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore

Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened?

It's no secret that the both of us
Are running out of time

So hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, anymore

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore

 

I hurriedly went inside our house while crying.

"Noona! Hey noona!" I didn't answered chanyeol. I run to my mom. She was surprised seeing me.

"Umma! Where did you get that CD? Who gave that? Umma the song....please answer me umma. Where did it came from?" I was crying hard. My visions are blurry. 

"Dara can you please calm down for a while?" I heard chanyeol came.

"Noona! Auntie what happened?" He asked my mother

":I should be the one asking you that chanyeol. You came here with her right?"

"Yes auntie. But she was okay a while ago. But when we arrived here she suddenly started crying." I was sitting on the floor. Still crying.

"Dara, what's happening to you?'

"Umma..... the cd...."

"I already told you about this video right? Remember? 5 months after you left and transfered to your dorm I called you.I told you that a cd came and it was addressed to you. You asked me who send it but there was no name written. It only had an address. You seems like not interested so I just kept the cd. The song was really good thats why me and your father always listened to it." I cried harder after hearing what my mother said.

"Umma.... It's jiyong. It's jiyong's voice. He sang that song... He send it to me umma... he came back" Chnayeol and my mom was shocked.

"A-are you sure noona?" My mom help me get up.

"I can't be wrong. I know his voice. It's him. I need to see him. I need to talk to him."

"But you don't know if he's here Dara. What if he went back to New York?"

"I don't care. I need to find him. Give me the adddress." My mom handed me the envelope where the address was written. I wiped my tears and was about to go when Chanyeol stopped me by grabbing my arms.

'Noona are you sure with this?"

"I'm sure with this chanyeol. I need to talk to him. I need his explanations. I want him to clear the things he messed up."

"Do you want me to come with you?'

"No need chanyeol. Just wait for me here."

"Are you coming back?"

"Of course." He slowly let go of my arms.  

"I will wait here noona. Please come back."

"Dara please be safe and come back here." I nod at them.

******

I was already at the front of the house. It was kinda old and it was not familiar to me. I opened the gate and quickly went inside. I saw a man standing at the garden wearing white. Jiyong? I walk to his direction.

"Jiyong!" The guy turned to me but it was not him.

"Sandara Park?" Why did he know me? And why he is here?

"You know my name?"

"I'm Donghae. Jiyong's cousin. I lived in America but I went here last year fo an important event. I supposed you already listened to the song after a year and 7 months."

"There was no name written on the envelope that's why I didn't figured out it came from him. So where is Jiyong?" He turned his back to me.

"Do you want to know why Jiyong went to america?"

"I already knew it. He went to America because someone offered him a training to become a singer." He smirk.

"No. It wasn't true."

"What do you mean?"

"A month before your graduation, Jiyong was diagnosed to have a prostate cancer. He tried several treatments here but it seems like  they can't do anything. My dad was a doctor that's why he offered him an operation. He talks a lot about you. I told him to tell you about his condition but he hesitated. He doesn't want you to be worried. He told me that after the operation, he will explain it to you. The operation was needed to be done immediately that's why he left early. After 8 months he came back here. Actually my father didn't allow him to go back here because he's still in a crucial condition but he want to see you. He want to explain everything to you. He tried to call you but you changed your number. He went to your house but no one was there. His last resort was your friends but none of them was reacheable that time. He stayed here. Hoping that you will be able to listen to his song and look for the address written on the envelope. He never grew tired of waiting for you"

"Then where is he? I'm here now. I'm willing to listen to his explanations. I will talk to him. I want to see him." My tears started to fall again. I blamed jiyong for nothing. I alwasy thought that I was the one who suffered but it was really jiyong. It was him who suffered more. Donghae was holding a white jar and a letter. He gave it to me. 

"He wanted you to keep that. He knows that you're the only one who could keep that Dara. So I hope you will keep that." I was puzzled. I can't understand him.

"What's this and what do you mean?" He gave me a sad look. 

"It's him." I was shocked. I felt my knees weakened. 

'You're joking right? Jiyong was here. Jiyong yah! stop playing games with me! Just come out now and talk to me!" I shouted while crying. "Jiyong ..... please talk to me. Come out now. It's not funny."

'I'm sorry Dara but he was already gone. That jar contains jiyong's ashes. He died a year ago. He was calling your name until his last breath. He loved you so much. He told me to wait for you here. Even though he knows he's going to die already, he's still expecting you to come and he's right. You came... but you're already late. He was gone."

"No. Jiyong.... Jiyong... Jiyoonggg.." I can't utter any words. Why is this happening? Why Jiyong? Why him? Of all the people why does it have to be him? I felt very weak. Every hope that was left to me was all shattered. If just listened to the song immediately, if I just looked for him, If I just did not changed my number,, if I just.... maybe.. maybe Jiyong is still alive. I could have take care of him. I could have stayed by his side until his last breath.One year, he was dead for one year and all this time I've been wasting my life trying to forget him. Now I can't hug him. I will not be able to see his face and his smile again. He was gone. I can't see him anymore. I lost all my chance. He was gone with regrets. If only I knew this things....

"Please read his letter. It was short and unfinished cause he wrote it before he died but I know he tried his best to put all his feelings on that letter." I opened the letter.

Dear Dara my lovely baby girl,

How are you? By this time maybe I'm already dead and maybe you already knew it. Kekeke. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to tell you the reason why I left you. Someone will explain it to you cause I can't write it anymore. I feel so weak but I'm trying my best to write my feelings. I know I'm a coward. I know I'm stupid. I know that I caused you too much pain. I'm sorry for doing that to you. As much as I wanted to see you I can't. I can't look for you now. I know you're crying right now. I'm sorry if I can't ease that pain, I'm sorry if I can't stop you from crying and Im sorry If I can't hug you. I want you to know that there was never a time that I forget thinking about you. You were the reason why I'm fighting with this ing cancer. I hope I could keep being strong. I want to see you. For just one last time I want to say I lov..

He wasn't able to finish the last sentence cause he already died that time. Just by thinking of it my heart was clunched by the pain. My mind was full of regrets. Even though he's dying he still think of me. Why did it have to end this way? I can't pull myself together. Is there still a reason for me to continue my life when Jiyong was already gone without me beside him? 

"Dara, you have to be strong. Jiyong want you to be strong and continue your life. He wants you to be happy even though he's already gone...He told me to say this to you, ... please don't be afraid to love someone else and continue smiling without me..." With that every thing falls. How can I start loving smeone else when he's my everything?

*****

I was looking at his picture. Jiyong ah, Im doing your last request. I continued smiling. I hope you're also smiling there where ever you are. I love you so much.

"Dara!" I turned my back and saw the man who healed my broken heart. Jiyong, can you see him? Yes, I fell in love with him. Can you visit me in my dreams if you're not in favor of him for me? Kekeke.

"I'm coming!"

***The End***

 

 

A/N: Hellooooo! I'm sorry it took me so long to figured out the ending. Hahahaha. Actually, the ending was already finished a month ago but I was busy with my thesis so sorry. Hahaha. I'm sorry for the ending. I was thinking if I should make a sequel or a continuation of the story. Seems like Dara found a new love. Who was it? I'm still thinking who was the lucky guy. I'm also sorry for killing Jiyong oppa here TT.TT and Im sorry its not a good story. I will try my best next time to come up with a better story. Thank you HOLLIS, JIJAEYONG and SIMRON6 for leaving an encouraging comment. I really appreciate it TT.TT Bye Guys! PPyong!