The Beginning

Gone with Regrets

The beginning

Jiyong and Sandara are childhood friends. They’ve been together ever since they were 4 years old. Even now that they are already 17years old, they are still together. Both of them are really smart and famous in their school. Jiyong is known to be the cold prince because he’s really a snobbish guy while on the other hand; Sandara is the complete opposite of Jiyong. She’s very friendly and likes to smile always making her earn a lot of friends and admirers. Sandara is the only girl that Jiyong cherish because she’s the only one who fully knows and understand him and his tantrums. But it’s not only the reason. Jiyong is in loved with sandara for quite a long time and he doesn’t have plans on telling it to her for he knows that it will just ruin their relationship and he knows that Sandara only sees him as a best guy friend, nothing more and nothing less. But little did he know, the girl she’s in love with for a decade feels the same way.

DARA’S POV

"Jiyooooong!!!!"

"Hey! Don’t shout my name. Yoona might hear you."

"Are you hiding from her?"

"Isn’t it obvious?"

"So why are you hiding from her? Yoona is really famous. You’ve got to be kidding me."

"I just don’t like her. Isn’t enough?"

"Whatever."

"So why are you looking for me?"

"I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Who’s your date for the prom?"

"Is there anyone else than you?"

"Omo! Really? Is that true? I’m going to be your date?"

"Yes. Stop asking for further reason okay?"

"Yes sir! I smiled at him with my sweetest smile ever." How can I not love this guy? Even though for everyone he’s the most snobbish and arrogant guy in the campus, he’s the cutest guy to me. Jiyong is not an ordinary child. He’s stubborn yet he’s calm with me. He dislikes people but he likes staying with me. I must admit I don’t want him to change. I want him to keep on relying to me because that’s the only reason I can be with him. But I cannot disregard the fact the maybe one day things will change. He will learn not to depend on me. We might never see each other again. Our path might not cross ever again but before that happens, I must confess my feelings for him. I don’t want to regret something someday.

"Hey! Are you daydreaming again?"

"Again?"

"Cause you always do that whenever I’m with you. Are you by any chance thinking of me?" I felt my cheeks become really hot.

"Are you crazy? Of course not! Why would I think of you? It’s just that-"

"Relax. I’m just teasing you. Anyway, have you eaten your lunch already?"

"Oh I almost forgot." I hurriedly open my bag and get the lunch I packed early in the morning.

"Omo. You cooked that for me?"

"Yup. So we could eat lunch together." He patted my head.

"You’re such a sweet girl. I really like the food you cooked Dara. It’s delicious." I automatically smiled at his compliment. I’m not really good at cooking but because I want to impress Jiyong, I studied everything about cooking.

"There’s an exchange for that."

"What? I knew it, I should throw this up out of my stomach."

"Jiyong-ah!"

"Kekeke. Kidding." He smiled again. That gummy smile! Ugh.

"You should fetch me on the night of the prom."

"Even if you don’t tell me, I’ll be doing that. I’m going to be your date and fetching you is my responsibility you silly girl."

"Yehey! Saranghae Jiyongie!" I unexpectedly hugged him and I realized it too late. I was shocked when he hugged me back. 

JIYONG’S POV

"Yehey! Saranghae Jiyongie!" To my surprise, she hugged me. The last time she hugged me was when we were 10 years old. She stopped doing clingy things to me because some of our friends . I didn’t waste the opportunity. I hurriedly hugged her and whispered to her ears.

I love you more than you know Dara. I whispered then I let go from hugging her.

"What?" As expected, she was surprised.

"I said you’ve became thinner."

"No. That’s not what you said."

"Whatever. Come on. Let’s go to our class. Break time is already finished. Hurry up." I saw her pouted. She’s the cutest thing ever when she do that. "Don’t make that face to anyone other than me okay?"

"Why would I listen to you?"

"Because I’m the boss and I’m smarter. If you make that face in front of anyone else, they will surely make fun of you. I’m just protecting you so you must listen to me okay?"

"Hmp. Okay."

"Now come on."

****

I was walking in the hall way when I heard a group of boys talking and if I heard it right, they are talking about dara.

“Hey chanyeol, who’s your date on the prom?”

“I’m thinking of asking Sandara noona but I know she will date Jiyong sunbaenim.” Huh. Good thing you know that kid. Chanyeol is one of the most famous freshmen in our campus. He’s tall and he really got good looks.

“You think so?”

“Yeah cause they are bestfriends right? So most probably they will date each other at the prom. It’s not as if they have feelings for each other right?” This brat! I’m going to punch this .

“Hmn. You have a point. So you’re going to continue your plan?” the guy named Suho said. Wait what plan are they talking about?

“Yup. I’m going to confess to her on the night of the prom.” Seriously? off brat! I will never let you do that!

“woooooooaaaah! Good luck channie!” the other boys are cheering him

“Thanks man.” This brat. He even gave a smirk. As if I'm going to let him do a first move to my Dara. Wait-what did just I say? Ugh I'm ed up.

“But what if jiyong comes in the way? Do you have a plan?”

“Of course. But I don’t think he will be a hindrance. He’s Sandara unnie’s best friend so he must be happy that someone will confess to her. That someone is willing to took his place on caring Sandara unnie.” This kid is getting into my nerves. If you have a plan then I must have a plan too. I promised myself not to confess to Dara but I can’t imagine her hugging and smiling to someone else especially to this brat.