Chapter Three.

Why I'm Still Single? [8 Reasons, Why!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what’s up?” Baby Soul asked her sister, Sujeong who’s playing her pen to study the notes which they wrote from their teacher’s handwritings on the board. Baby Soul who was holding a tray and placed on Sujeong’s front. For today Baby Soul served Sujeong’s favorite dessert: Ice-cream. Which Baby Soul brought at the convenient store, Sujeong suddenly shifted her drained aura into a bright aura upon sensing an ice-cream.

She squeaked in happiness, “Omo~ Ice-cream, thank you unnie.” Sujeong hugged her before taking the ice-cream to herself, as Baby Soul made a lop-sided grin looking at her sister who’s incredibly happy upon seeing an ice-cream.

“I’m sorry if you’re kinda tired studying that I won’t let you spazz as for now.” Baby Soul caressed her hair, looking at her sister who’s happy to eat her ice-cream.

“It’s okay unnie, I understand. Since I am tutoring Yook Sungjae, and the exams are approaching fast.” Sujeong understands it very well, she wants to spazz already it makes her die. But she remembered that she needs to work hard out like her sister.

“I’m glad to see you like this Sujeong, I’ll go sleep already okay? Goodnight, I love you.” Baby Soul kissed her forehead, as Sujeong also said a goodnight and I love you back to her smiling while eating an ice-cream late at night.

It’s hard being a student~! But what do I do? I need this. Sujeong said frustratedly as she messed her hair out of frustration about studies, how she missed seeing her boy group bias, Boys Republic. And her precious laptop which she only spends for a life time, it was only her Sister and laptop who usually Sujeong was into.

Sujeong remembered Baby Soul and her who fought near their house’s stairs. Sujeong closed her eyes after eating the ice-cream, she’s hesistating to open her eyes up again. She’s tired and sleepy. But she didn’t brush up her teeth, she heavily sighed as she rise up again from laying down and went to the CR to brush her teeth. She was comfortable how the brush would her teeth and remaining the scent of the fresh mint flavored toothpaste. When she looked at herself at the mirror, she hevaily sighed, “Sujeong, you can handle this stress.” Yeah, Studying and Tutoring were stressful for her.

Flashback...

“Unnie! Why don’t you understand that I can’t review yet! The exam’s far away as for now! Can’t just I do what I want?!” Sujeong was really annoyed, she wants to spazz about her boy group. She doesn’t want to study yet, she knows there’s still a 2 weeks until the exam.

Baby Soul placed her palm to her forehead, turning to rubbing her temples, “Sujeong, you know you can’t right? You’re future is what more important! Didn’t you see your grades? It’s a total failure! You’re the only hope for the both of us, our mom and dad deceased because of that tragedy.” Sujeong knows their parents were dead on a massacre, a psychoath who doesn’t have mercy within the human’s innocence.

“No unnie! I can’t even stand a chance for that crazy math and history lessons!” Sujeong insists that she doesn’t want to study.

“Listen to me Sujeong, if you want to stand a chance for that crazy subjects you need to study hard!” Baby Soul insists too by grabbing her shoulders, backing Sujeong.

“Why should I listen to you?! I said no!” Sujeong said slapping away from Baby Soul’s touch.

“You respect your unnie you—“ Baby Soul accidentally pushed her for being so much pissed to her sister. Causing Sujeong to fell down at the stairs, which Baby Soul was widened in shock. As her tears falling down for a short time, she looked at her own hands, ‘what have I done?!’ She immediately rushed down to check Sujeong. “No no no no! Sujeong! Sujeong!” Baby Soul was shaking her to wake up, a blood’s traces were falling into her forehead. She’s unconscious, “I’m so sorry Sujeongie, please, no.” Baby Soul starts to sob as she was trying to reach her phone shakily through her pockets.

She contacted the emergency for Sujeong, sure she knows this is another burden for financial but she thinks Sujeong’s life is more important than anything else. She would rather give her life just to make Sujeong’s life into an ease. ‘It’s all my fault’. 

Reminiscing everything what happened between them, Sujeong feels sorry for her sister in that day. They both exchange sorry, Baby Soul promised not to pressure her anymore with her studies. Same goes for Sujeong she promised everytime exams were approaching near, she will study. Since Sujeong realize it’s the only one Baby Soul who supplies their financial needs, and Sujeong needs to study hard for her.

“Unnie, I will study hard. I will.” Sujeong said for herself, as she stands up and starts to open up her notes. Actually, she’s no longer pressured but because of Baby Soul, she needs to study in her own choice. Life’s always been hard, it was always hard. “As for Yook Sungjae, hopefully he would listen to me like what he did.” Sujeong said as she starts to write some equations on her notebook solving a math problem.

- - -

Sujeong is on the way for school, she’s running because she needs to go fast for school. She feels her eyes are in sore because of getting wakeful in the night, as she runs she accidentally bumps into someone. As she saw the suitcase dropped for its hand, as she groan quietly, she looked above. It seems like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter