Chapter One.

Why I'm Still Single? [8 Reasons, Why!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wake up you sleepy !” Sujeong could hear her sister’s yell at her door—it was her unnie, Baby Soul. They were the same name, but Baby Soul was her step-sister. She wouldn’t thought that her step-sister would be the same as her name. She and her step-sister were really close, although they aren’t blood-related. She was called Baby Soul because of her rap talent that she showed on videoke.

But Sujeong keeps insisting that she’s still asleep, she’s drowsy. Until Baby Soul loose her patience and barge in to her room, and tugged her blanket. Which made Sujeong yell too.

“Unnie! Why?! I still have 20 minutes!” Sujeong nags, which Baby Soul rolled her eyes.

“Are you insane? 20 minutes? Your clock’s dead.” It seems like Sujeong heard a crow voice out of nowhere, as she touched her cheeks with both hands and yelled. She remembered that her clock isn’t working anymore. She grabbed her clock and shaking it, which Baby Soul grabbed it away from her, “Idiot. You still have 40 minutes left to prepare, aish you kid! The breakfast’s ready on the table, stuff yourself.” Baby Soul reminded, which Sujeong made a jump out of her bed to ush on the table, her stomach is grumbling.

Her stomach is needing an attention from her, which she grabbed the spoon and fork. Ready to eat, she ate it in a fast way. Baby Soul went to the table after Sujeong, and sat in front of her. Sujeong reacts when Baby Soul slapped her hand.

“Unnie! It hurts!” Sujeong cried in Baby Soul’s slap.

“Unnie! It hurts!” Baby Soul imitated her nags, which Sujeong only look at her with a poker face, “Eat slowly, aish.” She reminded Sujeong, which Sujeong only rolled her eyes and never listened to her unnie.

Sujeong could only have her actions in a quick way in order for her not to be late for her another classes days—which she hated going to school that much. She was stressed studying a lot, but she admits she needs it for her future. It was vise-versa for Baby Soul, she likes studying and working. She stopped studying in order to work hard for Sujeong’s future, since their parents are both dead now. Because of a massacre that happened one year ago, Baby Soul don’t really know how was they supposed to live without them. Baby Soul just decided to stop studying and working as a cashier on her part-time job—convenient store.

Sujeong was shaking her foot, because she can’t insert her foot properly on her school shoes. Now, she’s all done to prepare, she went back to Baby Soul to say her goodbye because she won’t be home for a several hours which is same to Baby Soul.

“Ya, you rascal come home early okay while I’m not home.” Baby Soul pats her head, smiling to her.

“Arasseo Unnie.”

“Hey,” Sujeong looked at Baby Soul again, “just pull off that ponytail Sujeong-ah, you’re pretty if it wasn’t tied~” Right, Sujeong always tie her hair into ponytail. She hadn’t show off her hair to anyone, since when she was a child. Her mother always tie up her hair to ponytail.

Sujeong cringed, “No thanks, anyway I have to go Unnie. Please stay safe okay~?” Sujeong was about to step outside when Baby Soul grabbed her arms once again. Sujeong blinked, it means ‘What?’

“Before you go, have you made friends yet?” Baby Soul asked her this once again, because she knows Sujeong hadn’t made one.

Sujeong shakes her head, “I haven’t Unnie, everyone hates me I guess.” She shrugged, “Well then, goodbye again!” Sujeong just rushed out of their house, which she ignored Baby Soul’s yells to her—probably her endless reminders for her.

Sujeong only walks in her way to school, she hurried up by running quickly. She doesn’t like wasting money that much, she’s a frugal person—applies to her step-sister. She stopped for a while, she noticed that she sweats a lot of running. She still have 30 minutes left to chase the school, she don’t know if she can do it. You can do it! She said for herself, she noticed there’s a car beside her. It was like extravagant car, which Sujeong made an ‘o’ at seeing it. Amazed how it was magnificent in this state, the windows are tinted so she can’t peek what’s the interior of the car. She saw her own reflection on the tinted window, she starts fixing herself with a towel—wiping her sweat anyway from her.

The driver of the car was only listening music to his own earphones, but he was startled when someone looked at his car. And this girl starts to use his car as her mirror, he noticed that they were the same uniform. And he recognizes the lady’s face—Ryu Sujeong? Right, he remembered that they were classmate in Middle School. He grins without noticing that he do that. He remembers that she was an introvert person, she never talk once to others—and still her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter