Back To You 03

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014

SM Town Day

Why does it hurt really?

Looking at how she smiles with Sulli

Looking at how she hugs Victoria

Why did she say that?

Why on earth did she hurt Krystal Jung Soojung?

“Bear…” Irene calls her, fingers gently entwined with hers.

“Unnie…”

“You should give her a call…”

“I can’t…” Seulgi whispers and turns to Krystal who was now singing along.

These SM Town Concerts were events they could meet.

Talk

But Seulgi didn’t have the courage.

Krystal being in a foul mood in the recent months didn’t really help.

Jessica had been dismissed from Girl’s Generation and with the tension existent, Seulgi wanted to hide.

She was wrong.

Seulgi was so wrong.

After a few more minutes seeing Krystal talk to other artists made her ache.

Why did she cut off their ties?

Why did she reject her?

She didn’t know then but now it was clear.

Her heart pounding as Krystal’s side profile became clearer.

Seulgi didn’t even know that by then she was already deep in love.

Present Day

“My bear has fever…” Irene frowns as she places a towel on her forehead.

Seulgi weakly smiles as she laid on the living room couch.

“Your bear? She’s my bear…” Wendy frowns, lightly pushing the older girl who merely giggled at their banter.

“Unnie…” Yeri sneaks while the older girls discuss who owns the bear.

She smiles and places her warm hand on Yeri’s cheek.

“Joy-Unnie and I will buy you chicken okay?”

“Okay baby-girl… Unnie loves you both.” Seulgi closes her eyes as Yeri gives her a peck on the cheek.

“Yeri-ah!” Wendy and Irene complain but when Joy opened the door, all four standing members were in for a surprise.

“Hi…”

Seulgi listened to the voice and closed her eyes.

She thought her fever was too high. It couldn’t be the person she thinks she is hearing.

“Jessica-Sunbae…” The four girls bowed still in awe.

“Is that Seulgi on the couch? Seulgi-ah… I brought someone with me…” Jessica steps aside and revealed Krystal.

They all see Seulgi raise her hand, still unaware it was her former best friend at the door. The Red Velvet members had meaningful smiles on their faces.

Irene led them inside and Seulgi ended up cursing herself from being sick at this time. She couldn’t even sit up with her fever.

“Don’t force yourself…” Krystal says softly as she tries to stop her from hurting herself.

Seulgi looks up wide-eyed. She wasn’t expecting visitors and not in a million years to have her close.

The rest of the room giggle on the side as she frantically fixes herself clearly embarrassed.

“I apologize… I am not even…” Of all the time to be such a mess, Seulgi picks the day Krystal finally comes to see her.

What a way to start making an impression

“Hush… I came unannounced…” Krystal whispers and places her head on Seulgi’s cheek.

Sensing their need for privacy, Jessica makes a proposition to the rest of Red Velvet while the two old friends have their silent conversation.

“Soojung-ah… I’m taking the girls out and buy some food. Take care of Seulgi-ah for a while. Okay?”

“Seulgi-ah! Use the time well!” Wendy cheers as Irene back hugs her to wave at the two youngsters in the living room.

As the door closes, Krystal could only smile at Seulgi who still has her eyes closed, cheeks in a full blown blush.

“Are you alright…?” She tentatively asks and sees those eyes flutter open.

She feels her heart swell as the other girl turns to face her with her eye smile.

“I am… Never better…”

“You got sick because you waited outside… You could have joined me in the cube you know…” Krystal takes the towel in Seulgi’s forehead and replaces it with a new one.

“Wouldn’t want to ruin your day sunbaenim…”

“Soojung… You of all people have the right to call me that…”

Seulgi closes her eyes and then opens them but never peeking at Krystal.

“I didn’t think I still had the right to.”

“Professionally you have that right… Being my friend gives you that right…”

Seulgi turns her head and finds Krystal smiling at her.

“I just thought a letter and a call wouldn’t give me that right. I felt ashamed. I didn’t know what to say…”

“I’m not really sure… That is quite a bunch of words for you to not know anything to say.”

Seulgi laughs a bit. Closing her eyes, the bear opened them, her lips forming a little smile as she faced Krystal.

“You are the one I rejected but waited for. I was the one who I turned away yet I kept needing you back. Any apology wasn’t enough. Any…” Seulgi wasn’t able to continue Krystal place two of her fingers on her lips.

 “Telling me you love me was more than enough…”

Krystal presses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter