2/ ?

Unsaid Truth

Wendy is a nice woman, bright eyes and full of sunshine.

Her beautiful face beams with a soft glow, matching perfectly with the baby blue walls. Her voice was lovely to the ears, penetrating the quiet room. She had a sheepish smile as she apologized for the mix schedule and late arrival.

Jong In just smiles, thinking it’s cute while telling her that they didn’t mind. The warm smile that follows after,loosen the muscles on Jong In’s tense shoulders but it’s not warm enough to melt Se Hun’s cold demeanor.

Se Hun being quite hard to the counselor- all cold shoulder and stoic face. All of Wendy’s attempts to make the blonde comfortable with her is hinder by his shorts replies and monotonous ‘hmn’s.

Se Hun is a punctual man. He always on time in every thing he does, even when if it’s time to eat. If dinner is 8pm, you will see Oh Se Hun by the dinner table at 8pm, sharp. So, Wendy’s late arrival ticks him off , the mix of their appointment only make it worse.

But still, Jong In feels like to hit the older’s head for the attitude.

They went on with re-arrange their schedules. Their appointment originally was on Mondays but it had to change to another date. The couple was fine about it but it was hard decision to make; Se Hun has a weekly meeting on Tuesday, Wednesday is the busiest for Jong In and Wendy is only free on afternoons.

It gave them quite a headache, Se Hun and Jong In keeps sighing in frustration at the clash in their schedules.

After discussing it with a lot of thoughts, they settled with Friday evening. Both are less busy on that day and Wendy try to squeeze them in.

 

“Okay, I think we’re done for the day” Wendy click her pen, closing her book. Jong In heave a sigh of relief, a smile stretches on his lips. The session was nice, better than Jong In expected. He thought they would begin talking about their problems with Wendy lying all their mistakes on the table and asking them where did they go wrong.

Instead here they are, talking about random things like the best food you can get around her office and the latest football game and Kim Kardashian.

Jong In doesn’t know how they ended up talking about Caitlyn Jenner, He doesn’t even like Catching Up with the Kardashians but it’s nice to talk freely with someone.

Se Hun, on the other hand, was being a spoilsport- distant and uninterested in joining in the fun. He only hums or say ‘yeah’ when they asked him about a topic. Apart of that, He just sits on his white couch- one leg on the other, right elbow digging on the armrest and his chin resting on his right palm as he listens to the other two which Jong In doubt he did.

The heated stares were still there, burning holes on him but he just ignores it.

“On next Friday, we’re going to start with a one-to-one session.” Wendy looks at the couple, Jong In to Se Hun and Se Hun to Jong In, “and I think we’re should start with Jong In. Is that okay?”

Jong In’s eyes grew bigger, “ah...” Fear slowly crawls into his heart.“yeah, I’m fine with that.”. His palms started to sweat at the small smile the counselor gave him. It’s seems like they won’t be talking about food and Kardashians anymore.

“I’ll see you next week, then. Thank you for coming, Jong In shii and Se Hun shii. It was nice to meet you.”

They gave their short gratitude and bows to the counselor before making their way out.

 

Silence continue to occupy the space between Se Hun and Jong In. No words are exchanged between them since they left the counselor office. Se Hun walked to their car without sparing Jong In a glance.

Leaving Jong In scrambling on his feet to catch up.

Jong In turned the radio on once the silence finally gets to him. He was never good at talking; he fails terribly on that department especially with strangers. He is blessed with people like Baek Hyun and Kyungsoo in his life; they can even make friends with strangers who are lining next them for a ride at an amusement park .

Gradually, he picks up on their traits and improves his interpersonal skills.

But it seems like it’s not good enough when he had to deal with moody people especially with a certain moody blonde. Jong In glanced to Se Hun, who has his eyes glued to the road.

Se Hun was also in the list of blessed people in his life- Se Hun was friendly and nice when they first met. Jong In doesn’t like him at first; he was stoic and has that ‘I’m done with life’ kinda attitude when he sat across the table at the family gathering but he was nice enough to start talking to Jong In when their parents were carried away with new business and new recipes.

He was still the same after they got together; it was new and awkward at first but its nice and he likes it. It just that something happened and made Se Hun moody and quiet from time to time.

And this week is one of those time.

“Do you have anything to do after this?” Se Hun’s deep voice pulled him out of his reverie. “ah..” he glanced down to his phone, 12.19pm. “No. I’ve canceled my class for today.”

Se Hun hums. the catchy song of Ariana Grande’s latest song, Focus was softly playing at the background, filing in the silence again.“How is lunch outside sounds?”

Jong In stared at the blonde, did he misheard that? “what?”

Se Hun’s facial expression hasn’t change but his eyes lit with a familiar spark and his voice tone is less strained.“Let’s eat outside. It’s lunch time already.”

“Really?” Se Hun nods, wheeling the car to the right corner. Jong In scratched his right cheek with his finger, hiding the familiar happiness in his chest. It’s been awhile since they ate lunch outside together.

“Okay, where do you want to eat?”

“The Japanese’s Ramen restaurant?” Se Hun looks out the window, looking at lines of restaurants. “ It’s around here, right?”

He did listen, Jong In thought, feeling touched by the blonde. Wendy told him about a Ramen restaurant that’s have really good ramen around here but it was a bit far from the office. By the description of foods she ate there, it made Jong In want to check the restaurant out but he didn’t tell Se Hun about it.

Maybe it’s a coincidence that he wanted to eat there when he was listening to our conversation, Jong In thought while nodding. How can he knows if Jong In doesn’t tell him?

He comes back to his sense at Se Hun’s calling and leads Se Hun the way. They passed an aquarium shop on their right and a few rows of shops before making a left exit.

They drove at 40km per mile when they entered into two lane of shops, looking out the window to search for the restaurant. It took them for about 15 minutes before Jong In saw a certain restaurant with an old Japanese design.

They were lucky to find a parking space near the restaurant. He unbuckling his belt when he heard knocking on Se Hun’s window, just to see the blonde already outside and told him to hurry up.

He feels annoyed when Se Hun keeps tapping the window until he's out from the car. Jong In closed the door with a frown, looking at Se Hun with a knowing look. Se Hun only shrugs his shoulder, eyes still have in the same spark with a small smile on his lips.

At least Se Hun wasn't cold anymore.