5/?

Unsaid Truth

 

“How about you plan something to do together with Sehun-shii, Jongin-shii?”

Wendy suggested the idea on the following week, all smiles and sunshine, at another end of their session. The session went well today, no heartbreaks and headaches,and more stable conversations. He never thought it would be this fun to meet a counselor. He would go here earlier if he knew.

“That’s a nice idea, Miss Son but with Sehun’s unpredictable moods, it might end up being one-sided.” Jongin gave her a little smile with his elbow leaning on his thighs.It’s was a good idea but Jongin isn’t sure if it’s good enough to impress Sehun.Wendy wiggled her pointed finger with a smudged face.

“I doubt that, he would definitely do it.”

“Why is that?”

“Why? Because you want to do it with him, that’s why.”Wendy said enthusiastically. Jongin doesn’t know if he should laugh or groan at the woman’s cheerfulness but the bitterness of reality he taste on his tongue didn’t go unnoticed.

“I doubt you,Miss Son.” He said in a playful manner, very contrast to the conflict he had inside. A thousand different thoughts came flashing in his mind as he imagined how its going to turn up to be but all of it comes down to 2 emotions; fear and failure

. Wendy doesn’t missed the hesitation gleaming in Jongin’s eyes but she doesn’t make any further comment. She reached for the teapot on the coffee table in front of them; pouring a refill for Jongin. She had a thoughtful expression on her face as she poured some tea for herself. Jongin couldn’t tell if that expression meant that she was thinking or she already had enough of him for the day.

“Jongin-shii, don’t keep it all in. You have to share your thoughts with me so it will be easier for me to help you. ” Wendy said, the firm in her tone made Jongin flustered. It made him feel so exposed to the counselor’s eyes.

“I’m sorry its just” He paused his words, sighing. “It is not as easy as I thought it would be.” and he ended that there. Not really wanting to spill everything, not now at least.

Wendy,on the other hand, didn’t said anything, instead she just sips her tea with an unreadable facial expression. She didn’t give him much reaction like she usually do, only staring and nodding and it worries Jongin.

“Okay if you say so.” She had her bright smile again on her lips “So, are you still in with the idea?”

He just stared at her, hesitation looming over him again with his heart pumping with fear. He badly wants to say “I don’t know” because he doesn’t but the logic side of him keeps him from saying it. Its telling him that he should try rather than running, because deep down, Jongin doesn’t want to end things with Sehun.

“Yeah, I’m in. So what’s the plan?”

 

This is hopeless.

Jongin is hopeless and he doesn’t know what to do with himself anymore.

It had been 3 cups of hot chocolate, a pack of chips and uncounted hours since he had been staring and tapping his keyboard away. But still he hadn’t found anything that he or Sehun would like to do together. Wendy had suggested to him a few things back at her office but he had spaced out on her on the last minute when she begins to suggest places or things to do.So, he was left to solve it alone, whether he likes it or not.

He had try typed a few random things on the search box but nothing had intrigued his interest. Jongin tries again, this time he typed ‘what married couples can do together. There’s more than a thousand suggestions that Google gave and clicked on the first one on the list. He regrets the minute he reads the article.

1.Lie down on bed together. That’s the first title his eyes landed him with and it had crushed his courage to ashes. It sounds inappropriate and impossible, especially now they are not sleeping in the same room. But he still read it anyway.

2. Next time you’re in bed, pull the covers over your head and have a whispered conversation. What..? Why would you whisper under the covers? Jongin thought, feeling his room’s temperature increased a little as he pushed away the crude thoughts in his head.

3. Listen to each other. Ah, Okay... The next one had Jongin choked on his 4th cup of hot chocolate. 4.Do the wonder intimacy exercise.

What’s the heck. He thought as he re-read the title to make sure he read it right. Dirty thoughts flood back into his mind at the title, making Jongin shook his head vigorously. However, the first line in the description had him scolding himself at that very moment for having such a erted mind. Aigo, Jongin what had gotten into you? He muttered while hitting his head.

The description was a total opposite than the provocative tittle. It was just a harmless game of ‘what if’ that you play with your partner just to have empty talks.

What a misleading title, He thought again, taking another handful of chips.

He scrolls down the page to look for something else intriguing but his mind keeps wondering back to the intimacy exercise.

But it sounds fun. It doesn’t hurt to try, right? He clears his throat as he readied himself.

“I wonder” he trailed off “if I’ve gain a few inches since last year?” He end with a question only to meet with the silence of his room but he continues playing it. “ I wonder if my cooking got any better? Or you still got admirers following you around? Since you’re getting hotter and hotter each day.” Jongin has a thoughtful face as Sehun’s face pops on his head. Images of Sehun going to work in his black suit and slick back hair floating in his head. He had the same color for the whole week yet he always seem so handsome in it every time Jongin sees him out in the morning.

He bets the girls at Sehun’s workplaces look at him lecherously all day long, for the whole week, months and years. Ergh... I hope they don’t do that to you.

“I wonder if you think that this is dumb and laugh at me.” He scoffed, mostly to himself cause that will mostly likely to happen. He give his cheeks a few pats before continuing his search.

He had list out 30 things to do with Sehun after another 3 round of hot chocolates. He was satisfied with it, to say the least but still, Jongin want a second opinion just to make sure and who is better to call other than his dear friend, Ji Yeon.

Ji Yeon picked up the phone on the 3rd ring, much to Jongin’s delight, but it was short lived as he met with an angry Ji Yeon at the other line; and that never been good. He got scolded and cursed at for a good 10 minutes for waking her up so late. Jongin also didn’t noticed it was past 12 when he called her and mourned terribly that he didn’t notieed it earlier.

Jongin told her about the bonding plans he was doing for Sehun and him when she had came down from her high. He skipped telling her about his consultation with Wendy, as he continue reading list long list only to be laughed at by her at the end.

“Why are you laughing? He asked, slightly annoyed by her but she ignored him and continued laughing. This is pricelss, Ji Yeon thought. Who would ever thought that Kim Jongin, the prude guy friend of hers will trouble himself to plan all of these?

“Are you done?” He asked when her laugh dies but only to burst into another fit after that. Ji Yeon stopped laughing when Jongin threaten to hang up on her and told him to list out the activities he wanted to do.

“Why you want to go to the park to see ducks?” Jiyeon asked, cutting Jongin in the middle of his list reading.“Because I just want to and ducks seems nice.” Jongin said in a-matter-of-fact tone, making Ji yeon snickered at the other end of the line. “What if there’s no ducks when you guys went there?”

“Then, we’re just going to take a walk in the park. No problem.”

“What’s the use putting ducks there if you don’t seem to be bothered by the possibility of it not being there?” Ji yeon scoffed at him, leaving him dumbfounded. What has gotten up with this girl? She was laughing moments ago and now she’s back to her sour mood again? The hell.

“Are you on your periods or something? Because you are unusually grumpy, Ji Yeon.” He scowl, her mood swings slowly effecting him. There was a pause before a soft sniffle fill the quiet air.

“Are you.. crying?” Jongin’s eyes widened as the sniffle got louder. Did he said something wrong?

“No, I’m not.” Jongin rolled his eyes when he heard a strain sob.Yeah right. “Ji Yeon, I’m sorry if I said something that offend you. I-”

“No, no you didn’t offend me or anything. It just- huh, my hormones are in haywire today and I can’t really control them right now.” Jongin just nodded “So, you really are on your periods then?” Ji Yeon answered with a quiet yes that Jongin can’t help himself from laughing. Ji Yeon on her periods is cute,but I wouldn’t want to call her up on her periods ever again. He thought as he shivers with fear.

Ji Yeon cleared and asked Jongin where they have left off, trying to spare herself from embarrassing herself more.

It was half past 1 when they finished with the list, with them bickering over what to add on the list to spice things up-that’s what Ji Yeon said, much to Jongin’s dismay. “Thanks for the help, Ji Yeon. I appreciated it.” Jongin said, finishing his list with the new adjustments they made. “Anything for my sweetheart.” Ji Yeon laugh while Jongin snickers.

“But what’s with the sudden interest, though?” Ji Yeon asked with full curiosity, re-adjusting herself at her study table, hoping that Jongin would opened up to her a little. Her finger was tracing at the lip of the cup as she waits for Jongin’s answer. Jongin had stopped writing for a while, not knowing how to tell his friend. He doesn’t plan to tell Ji Yeon about his household problems anytime soon. It’s his problem to handle, not for her to know but he couldn’t say it like that to her, can he?

Ji Yeon’s fake cough jerked him back to reality and made his brain works double than usual to think of an excuse to give her. “It’s nothing wrong to spend time with Sehun, its great. It just that you rarely mention him to me and having you calling me in the middle of the night just to make me plan your dates with you made me wonder..”

Jongin’s heart drummed painfully loud against his eardrums as he listened to Ji Yeon. He dreaded for this moment to come, he really doesn’t want to tell Ji Yeon about his problems. But he’s bad at lying and he doesn’t think that fact will ever change.

Just then, the sound of an engine growling coming from downstairs interrupts his train of thoughts as it swiftly entering his garage. It took him a moment before recognized the sound. He’s back. Jongin smiled in triumph as the car made a standstill, slowly growling to a stop. Yes, my way out.

His eagerness almost had him tumbled back on his chair, dangerous tipping back. But he doesn’t mind that, he was too relief to worry about falling off the chair. “Did something happened with you an-” “Ji Yeon, sorry. I have to hang up on you now. Hyung just came back from work and I have to go and get him.” Jongin said, phone squeezed between his ear and shoulder as he slips into his sweats.

“Oh really? O-okay then.” Ji Yeon laughed awkwardly. “ Go greet him. We can count this later.” Ji Yeon said with a visible disappointment hinting in her voice. Jongin swallow the guilt that raising from inside of him.I’m sorry, Ji Yeon. He stops in front of the door, hand glued on the knob.

“Yeah we’ll talk later. I’ll treat you lunch tomorrow for helping me tonight.” Jongin said with a bitter smile, hoping it will cheer his friend up and it kind of did; she scoffed.

“Yeah, you should since you woke me up at 12. I don’t know if I can trick myself to sleep after this. It better be western, Kim because the canteen food won’t be enough for all the sleep I lost for you.” This time Jongin scoffed, a visible smile quirk at the tip of his lips. “Yeah yeah, I will. I’m not a cheapskate like you.” he laughed and had pulled his phone far away from his ear as Ji Yeon cursed him loudly on the phone.

“I got to go. See you tomorrow.” Jongin said, hand playing with the knob. Ji Yeon only hummed, already throwing herself on the comfort of her bed. “See ya. Don’t forget about my lamb chop.” Jongin rolled his eyes “ Yeah yeah I know.” “Good.” Ji Yeon said it with a slur, “Okay bye.” sleep begins to cloud her head as she bid her friend goodnight. Faint heavy footsteps began to echo inside the house, signaling a new comer but Jongin could only hear Ji Yeon’s voice on the other end.

“Bye.” Jongin said in a whisper, guilt slowly growing inside his heart as he thinks about Ji Yeon. Before Ji Yeon could end the call, Jongin called out for her. “Yeah, what is it?” “I... Never mind, goodnight,idiot.” Ji Yeon scoffed, “ Yeah, Goodnight, stupid.” and just like that, their call ended. The guilt is still lingering on him as he didn’t apologized but he just couldn’t bring himself to do it. Huh.. Way the go, Kim Jongin.

Now that’s over, why did he run to the door again? He thought as he stood awkwardly in front of his cream,white door. Ah i said that I wanted to greet hyung. He thought, out of habit scratching his head. “But that’s only an excuse to avoid Ji Yeon. I don’t need to greet him, right?” Jongin muttered, contemplating alone inside his mind. Should or shouldn’t he greet Sehun? Ah but he only said that to avoid from explaining to Ji Yeon the roller coaster ride in his life. He didn’t really meant it.

He turns around, making way to his bed, Yeah it’s only an excuse. So, I don’t need to bother about it.. Jongin chanted in his head, before he twirls back to door.

“’l'll feel bad for not greeting him when I just heard him downstairs.” He muttered to himself. Ah damn. Just get it done with it, Jongin and go to sleep. He nodded, sounds good.

With a firm nod, he twisted his knob around and pulled it open, a bit harder than he intended it to be, and accidentally hit his toe in the process. “Ouch!! Ah ah that hurts.” he cries, hooping on his good leg as he cradled his injured one in his hands. Jongin scrunched his face as the pain spreads through his lower body. God why.

Sehun, on the other hand,was standing in front of his room, half drunk, trying to open the door. He didn’t noticed that Jongin’s door creaked loudly by the forced pulling it open until the sudden shriek of pain from behind him caught his attention. Sehun was surprised to see Jongin was still up so late, he usually asleep when Sehun came back around this hour. Sehun’s drunk haven’t fully registered the hectic situation until Jongin suddenly fall onto his with a loud thud. Ouch., Sehun winched.

It took him a few minutes of looking at Jongin’s scrunched up face to his hands covering his toe for Se Hun to figured out that Jongin had injured his toe. Se Hun turns back to the stairs, making a bee line for the kitchen. He opened a few cabinets, going through the things in there before he found the ice pack in one of the kitchen utensils drawer.

He quickly filled the pack with ice and some water and swiftly wrapped it with a wet towel. He puts it in a bowl, to avoid water dripping on the floor and took two step at a time up the stairs.

Jongin was too distracted by hisswelling toe to notice Se Hun walking up to him with a bowl of ice packs. Sehun took his place in front of jongin and gently pulling Jongin’s fingers off his toe only to have Jongin holding up tight to it.

“Jongin, let go. I need to see how badly you’ve hurt your toe.” He said in a soft yet firm tone, trying to persuade Jongin. Jongin shook his head, eyes closed with his hands shielding around his stubbed toe. Se Hun sigh, this is going to take awhile.

“Jongin” Sehun said in a hushed voice, trying to calm the younger man as he scooted closer, his right hand held Jongin’s left forearm in a light squeeze while his left hand held Jongin’s right hand. “Let me see your toe, please.”

Jongin groans when another wave of pain shoot from his toe. “it hurts.” Sehun nods, “I know, that’s why you have to let me see it so I can lessen the pain.” he tries again. Jongin looks up to him with tear-glassed eyes, as if he’s not convinced by his words.

“What? You don’t believe it I can?” Sehun said with an eyebrow raised. The alcohol that lingers in Sehun’s breath hit Jongin’s sensitive nose, making him scrunched his face in distaste. “Maybe I would if you were sober.”

Sehun’s eyes twitched at the comment, aish this kid. “Please, It doesn’t effect my aid skills” Sehun snickered, eyes rolled at the younger man. Jongin just laughed, feeling amused to see that sassy side of him after awhile. He was unaware of Sehun sly smirk as he saw Jongin was a bit distracted.

He took it as a chance to tug Jongin’s foot and have a better look on his toe. Jongin was taken aback, almost speechless by it. He throws daggers towards Sehun for using a dirty trick on him but Sehun ignored him; continued to examine the toe. His toe was red and swollen pretty bad, but nothing severe, at least that what Sehun sees it.

“Ah!” Jongin jumped when his swollen toe comes in contact with a cold,wet towel. Jongin groans inwardly as his swollen toe is pulsing slowly to feel numb. Sehun holds the towel covered ice pack securely, making sure it doesn’t put too much pressure on the injured toe.

They stayed like that for 10 minutes before Sehun yawned tiredly and gave Jongin the ice pack. “I’m going to go to sleep. Be careful when you walk.” Jongin just nodded, giving an extra care on his toe. He thanked Sehun before Sehun could disappeared behind his closed door.

Wow, Jongin thought, that was a lot to sink in. He doesn’t know where to begin with, he was still shocked by how the event had turned. He actually greeted Sehun, though it didn't end up like how he had imagined, and Sehun went down to get the ice pack for him and take a look of his toe. Jongin smiled, he liked that little attention Sehun puts on him and hoping for more soon. A few moments later he frowned. To hit his toe with the door was so pathetic that he could die. He groaned. I hope hyung won’t make fun of me because of it.

 

P.s im sorry it took me months to update this but yeah here i am updated this fic. thanks for reading and sorry for making you wait; i wrote a few draft for this chap but none of it suits it and I end up uninspired for months. I hope I won't be like that after this and able to finish this fic. okay gtg goodnight.