3/ ?

Unsaid Truth

Friday came by so fast, Jong In couldn’t remember what he did for the rest of the week.

A faint sound of people talking and walking in the streets was tapping on his window when he came out from the bathroom. He had a bathrobe wrapped around his body and a towel in his right hand, busy drying his hair.

It was a tiring day at work, the morning class was great but the meeting came after that was dreadful. he was locked up in the meeting room for a 2 hour lecture from the dean about submitting the files late and how they should be more responsible in doing their jobs.

He doesn’t understand why they need to assemble for such little thing for hours.

But somehow, they just had to.

He sighed, this is not what he sign up for when he decided to take the job. Jong In slides his phone open with his finger, checking on the time.

3.45 pm

He still got 45 minutes to spare for a bite and a chapter or two of “Le Miroir de Cassandre”

He walked to his closet, picking out a pair of jeans and a sky blue t-shirt. He was deep in his thoughts to hear the soft knock on his door. When he turned around, hands pulling his shirt all the way down, his heart almost drops at the sight of Se Hun at his door.

“!”

“Hai” Se Hun smirks, leaning on the door frame with his arm crossed. took him long enough notice me, Se Hun thought but he didn’t mind, he wouldn’t want to ruin the chance to see a glimpse of Jong In’s .

Jong In didn’t say anything, his heart was still in shock. He didn’t expect to see anyone in the house at this hour, especially not Oh Se Hun.

It was minutes later that Se Hun noticed the waver in Jong In’s eyes and short breath he took. Oh

“Ah” He pushed himself off the door frame in hesitance, slowly brought his hands in the air “Don’t look at me like that. I've knocked already, I swear.” He looked at Jong In, nodding his head to his statement but he only got a knowing look as an answer.

“ I did.”

Jong In shook his head, he couldn’t help to smile at Se Hun’s childish antics.

“You’re home early.” Jong In had an eyebrow lift. Se Hun only shrugs his shoulders. It’s new to see Se Hun at home at this hour, he always home late, the earliest Jong In had ever seen him at their doorstep is at 7pm. So, for oh Se Hun to be home this early meant he had something important to do at home. And Jong In doubts it’s him.

Se Hun leans back on the door frame, watching Jong In walking around, looking for his socks “I came back for some documents I left at home.” AHA! Thought so!, Jong In shout in his head while he puts his socks on. “ .. That is until I heard someone walking upstairs.”

“I just came to ask if you need a lift to the counselor.” Se Hun said when Jong In asked him if he needed anything. Jong In stops himself from checking himself in the mirrror, trying to digest the offer. Oh Se Hun is offering him a lift? Really?

“Um are you sure about that?” he looks Se Hun through his mirror. “Yeah, I’m sure.” He nodded again, looking Jong In in mirror. Jong In looks away when their eyes met. He snatched his watch off the night stand, wearing it on his wrist.

3 minutes to 4.

Huh, time flew so fast.

“Okay if you say so.” Jong In turns back to the older, who is now was on his feet, standing tall in his glory.

“Thanks.” Se Hun nod his head, his eyes lingers a little longer on Jong In’s face. Jong In can’t tell what’s does that face meant but it sure made Jong In feels goosebumps on his nape.

“Let’s go then”

 

Jong In arrived at the counselor with 5 minutes to spare and his stomach well fed.

“Do you want me to pick you up?” Se Hun asked as soon as Jong In had his seat belt off. Jong In was looks up to the latter, is he for real? “Um yeah sure, why not? I’m too lazy to find a cab myself too.” Se Hun gave him a small smile before Jong In went inside.

Se Hun seems to be in a good mood today, Jong In thinks as he went up the stairs.

The day gets better as he went through the glass door. His name was called after he sat in the waiting room for 10 minutes. Apparently, Wendy just finished with her client when Jong In came. Lucky him. He thanked the secretary and made his way in.

Inside, he was greeted by a smiling Wendy in a short dark blue dress, busy looking through her files. She ushers him to sit on the couch while she walked towards the couch opposite from his.

She sit up straight, a clip board was place on her lap with a cheerful smile on her lips. Someone’s excited.

“It’s nice to meet you again, Jong In. You look handsome today” Jong In just chuckles “And you look excited today.”

Wendy nods “More like I’m happy, happy to head home. You’re the last for today” she smiles again. She clicks her pen and start jotting something on her clip board. This girl never seem to be tired from smiling. “Good for you.”

“Thanks. Okay, for today we going to get to know each other more.” she stops jotting on the clip board. “Just pretend that we never met before and this is our first time knowing each other.You go first.”

Jong In scratched his head, he’s bad at that. Damn it.

“Ah..” Just go with it, anything will do, he thought. “Hai, nice to meet you, miss. I’m Kim Jong In. I’m 26 years old.” It came out awkward for Jong In but Wendy seemed pleased enough with it.

“Hai, Kim Jong In shi. It’s nice to meet you too. I’m Wendy Son, 25 years old. What do you do as a living?”

Jong In took a deep breath “I taught ballet at an Art University.”. Good, Jong In. he gave himself a pat on the head.

“You’re a lecturer there?” Wendy looks up from her clipboard. Jong In nods, “Yeah, I am.” Jong In chuckles at the amazement glows on Wendy’s face.

“Wow, I always seen dancers on TV, never thought I would meet one someday. You’re just as handsome as any other dancer I’ve seen on TV.”

He rubbed his nape as his cheeks heated up by the compliment. Jong In change the topic and asked Wendy about her occupation instead. she told him that’s she’s a fresh graduate and just gotten a place there.

“Are you still single, Jong In shi?” Wendy asked, wiggling her eyebrows in sassy manner. Jong In shook his head while chuckling,

“Sadly, I’m not, I’m already married.”

"Aww I came too late."Wendy wipes imaginary tears away, saying how lucky his wife to have such a good looking husband.

“It’s a ‘he’.” Jong In corrects her, an awkward smile stretched on his lips. It feels strange to have words of his status rolling on his tongue, usually Se Hun or their parents would said that.

“Well, he is lucky to have you then.” Wendy smile to him, her eyes is still looks kind. “How did you guys met?”

Jong In stares down to the coffee table, a flash of memories came into his mind. “we met 3 years ago when i was 22 and he was 24.” The thought of their first encounter brings out all of his feeling in sheer happiness.

“It was at dinner with our parents. It wasn’t planned for us,if that’s what you thought. it just our parents are old friends and they want to catch up with each other lives. It took us time to warm up to each other because honestly, I’m not good with people and Se Hun doesn’t look so friendly himself.”

“I think Se Hun was getting bored as our parents keeps talking non-stop, so he starts talking to me.” Jong In’s face brights up at the memory.

He remembers how Se Hun’s nose scrunched in annoy, eyes squint into a single line and lips has a slight frown as he talks to Jong In. He doesn’t remember what the other was saying but he knows it about their parent because he remembers laughing to that.

“Somehow, we got a conversation going, then it turns into a friendship, it developed into a relationship and now this.” Jong In’s face drops as those good memories connecting with the bad one in chains. words slowly came out of his mouth, one by one. Realization hits him hard in the heart, reminding him the reason why he is having this conversation with Wendy, why he was here.

 

Ah damn it.