Chapter 4: Awkward Awakening

The Ability to Love [Hiatus]

 

A/N: HEY! I'M SO SORRY that his update took so long LOL I have a term paper due soon...so as a gift? I tried to make this chapter longer LOL I'm going to try and do chapter 5 while working on my term paper LOL
The title says it all ~ LOL

ENJOY!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOOHYUN:        

Woohyun kicked his shoes off, but struggled slightly with sleeping Sunggyu on his back; he continued to breathe heavily on his back. Woohyun couldn’t help himself as he stole another look at the sleeping boy on his back.

He looks so…relaxed he thought as a smile began to form

“Woohyun, is that you?” A warm female voice called

“Ah neh~ Uhmma it’s me” he called out in a loud whisper.

A woman walked over to Woohyun at the front door but stopped as she noticed Woohyun carrying a sleeping boy on his back, “Woohyun-ah, who’s this?” she asked with a curious voice, she took a closer look at the boy “Who is this handsome fellow I should say” she added with a smirk.

“Oh, his name’s Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu I think…” he answered

“…You think?” she asked again “Why would you only ‘think’ that’s his name?”

Woohyun could feel a slight blush form “Oh…because I met him today…he’s new at our school”

His mother was taken aback, “You met him today? Why is here with you then?”

Woohyun sighed So many questions… he thought

Well…long story short, it’s was because of me he got hurt” he looked down at Sunggyu’s bandaged knee “so I thought that I should take responsibility” he said

His mother smiled, “Ohhhh look at my son” she said as she pinched his cheeks “Acting like a grown-up for once” she cued

Woohyun began to blush “Uhmma! I’m not a child!” he defended “I’m going to take him upstairs to my room so he could sleep more comfortably”

Mrs. Nam nodded “Alright, are you hungry I co-“ she suddenly stopped mid-sentence,  “Wait, did you just say it was because of you he got hurt?!” she asked threateningly

Woohyun could sense a lecture or punishment coming soon “Uhh…I’ll be going upstairs!” he shouted as he tried to fly up the stairs

“YAH! NAM WOOHYUN” his mother called after him

 

He closed his door with his foot and the room lights with his shoulder, but it took a few tries before the room was lit. He walked over to his small bed and gently placed Sunggyu on the bed. When Sunggyu was finally off his back Woohyun collapsed onto the floor and breathed out a sigh of relief.

MAN! That was tiring as he began to massage his back, he glared at Sunggyu, I wouldn’t have volunteered to piggyback you all the way here if I knew you were this heavy he thought. He stuck his tongue out at the latter.

He stood up and began to change out of his school uniform. While he was putting on a new t-shirt he looked over at Sunggyu. He looks uncomfortable sleeping in the school uniform…maybe I should…he stared at the tattered uniform pants. He turned and began to shuffle through his drawer for a pair of clean shorts or sweat pants. He found a pair of black sweat pants and walked over to the peacefully sleeping Sunggyu.

This will be much more comfortable he thought, but then he stopped and mentally slapped himself What am I thinking?! He screamed at himself.

He began to pace back and forth around the room wondering if he should

I’ve watched so many dramas when someone tries to change their clothes, but right in the middle they always wake up…and it becomes such an awkward mess he argued.

With a determined mind he took a step forward closer to Sunggyu and reached for his sides and undid the button to his uniform pants. His face was on fire and he could feel sweat forming on his forehead. He took a deep breath and looked away as he slid Sunggyu’s uniform pants off gently. He closed his eyes as he tried to calm is heartbeat; he could feel his face burning. Woohyun didn’t even notice he was holding his breath; he let out a quick breath and then began to proceed with his ‘operation’. His heart was beating fast as he lifted Sunggyu’s legs and began to slide them into the black sweat pants. He began to slide the sweat pants up but then he felt Sunggyu begin to stir which caused Woohyun to let out an embarrassing yelp. He covered his mouth and stepped back watching Sunggyu stir in his sleep. Sunggyu stopped moving and resumed back to sleeping. He just stood at the other side of the room with his hands to his mouth to muffle the heavy breathing. When he thought Sunggyu was back asleep Woohyun let out a breath of relief and walked over to Sunggyu once again. Suddenly his eyes caught onto Sunggyu’s boxers and his face exploded with red as he could also feel his heartbeat begin to run a marathon. Sunggyu was wearing a pair of blue boxers with adorable hamsters on them. A smile began to form on his face as he adored the boxers Aww, that’s so adorable he thought he could still feel the blush all over his face but he continued to pull the sweat pants up.

When he finally finished he collapsed onto the ground and released a huge sigh of relief, he was breathing hard and his heart continued to beat fast. He looked back the sleeping Sunggyu and smiled while holding his racing chest.

 

~~~

SUNGGYU:

He slowly opened his eyes, revealing a dimly lit room. Panic-stricken he stood up from the bed.

Where the hell am I?he worriedly thought as he scanned the small room he was confined in, slowly taking in the details of the room. He didn’t remember coming here…nor did he remember how he got here or who brought him here. Questions were swirling within his head and he began to get a headache. He held onto his temples and right away he felt the headache disappear. His face began to relax, but soon changed back into a worried expression. Sunggyu wasn’t quite sure but he knew he was hearing whispers in his ears. He opened his eyes confused. There was no one in the room, but he could hear whispers and echoes. He couldn’t make out what the whispers were saying but he knew they were speaking to him. It sounded like people were right beside him quietly talking to him, but he knew there was no one there. He began to become scared; he brought his hands to his ears to try and block the whispers from continuing but it was useless; he could still hear echoes within his head.

Am I going crazy? Is it cause I’m tired…or from lack of sleep? Is this from stress?He thought to himself over the echoes in his head. He closed his eyes tightly and shook his head STOP he silently screamed; within in instant, the echoes began to fade into silence.

He sighed with relief and dropped his hands. He began to stretch but froze at the sudden sound of heavy breathing.He quickly scanned the room, but no one was in here…he peered over the side of the bed and let out a silent gasp. There, on the ground near the bed was a sleeping boy.

He looks…familiarhe thought. He didn’t notice that he was staring at the boy for a long time until he finally recognized him, and anger filled his veins.

“Nam Woohyun” he said through clenched teetch.

He got off the bed and tried to kick the boy awake.

“Yah! Get up!” he said loudly

The boy began to stir and mumble something not audible.

“Hey! I said get up” he said one more time, nudging him with his foot. Again, the boy only stirred, but didn’t wake up.

Losing his patience, Sunggyu bent down and began to gently poke Woohyun’s firm cheeks.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey” he kept repeating like a broken record “Wake up!” with one last effort he slapped Woohyun’s face, which made a loud smacking sound. Sunggyu backed away and stared at his hands.

“Oops, that was a bit harder than I expected” he said aloud “Sorry” he whispered.

Woohyun’s eyes opened and furrowed his eyebrows as he placed a hand on the burning cheek. Woohyun was silent for a moment until he suddenly cried in pain covering his face with the blanket.

That was a pretty slow reaction Sunggyu thought.

Woohyun threw the covers off and sternly looked at Sunggyu.

“What was the for?!” he shouted “You could’ve just –” he stopped mid-sentence when he finally realized he was talking to Sunggyu, who was scowling at him.

Woohyun’s face began to slightly blush as he covered his face with the blanket once again.

Sunggyu scrunched his face in confusion What was that?

“Hey! You have some explaining to do…” he said as he continued to poke Woohyun, he aimed for his sides. Sunggyu could hear soft giggles under the covers, he smirked Heh, he must be ticklish he thought.

With a chuckle he reached his hands around Woohyun’s waist and began to tickle his sides until he could hear Woohyun burst out into laughter under the blanket.

“HAHAHAHAH, STOP STOP” he tried to say, but every time Woohyun tried he would get cut-off from his own laughter.

Woohyun began to squirm under Sunggyu’s grasp giggling like a little girl and Sunggyu couldn’t help but laugh at the cute reaction from Woohyun.

Sunggyu got on top of Woohyun and continued his attacks on Woohyun’s side, helpless Woohyun could only laugh and squirm. Woohyun threw the covers off his face and tried to fight back; trying to push Sunggyu off him. Sunggyu, laughing his head off at his attempts, grabs hold of both of Woohyun’s wrist and laughs at his feeble attempt to over-power him.

They were both at stand still, with Woohyun smiling and breathing hard from laughing too much and Sunggyu still smiling while holding onto his wrists.

His laugh is so precious Sunggyu thought, as he looked more closely at Woohyun he began to admire the latter’s eyes as they formed crescents when he was smiling.

 

WOOHYUN:

He couldn’t stop smiling, as he looked up at the smiling Sunggyu. His eyes had formed into small crescents while he smiling, which made Woohyun smile more. They were in the same position for a few more minutes, but to Woohyun it felt like it had been hours.

Suddenly, Woohyun’s smile disappeared when he realized how close Sunggyu’s face was to his. As if Sunggyu heard what Woohyun was thinking Sunggyu let go of Woohyun’s wrist and got off him quickly and urgently. Woohyun saw the blush form on Sunggyu’s face but Woohyun just stayed there, not knowing what to do except grab the blanket and cover his burning red face.

Under the covers he grabbed his racing chest and tried to calm himself Why is my heart racing so fast? He silently thought.

He peeked out of the covers to see what Sunggyu was doing. Sunggyu was staring blankly ahead with one hand on his head. Woohyun could see a faint blush on Sunggyu’s cheeks. Woohyun smiled to himself knowing that he wasn’t the only one that was blushing.

Suddenly the door opened and Woohyun’s mother walked in smiling, but her smile changed to a confused look after seeing both Woohyun and Sunggyu on the ground.

“Uhmma! Knock before entering!” Woohyun shouted as he hid behind the blanket once again.

“Why would I need to knock on my own house’s door?” she said innocently, she turned to Sunggyu and smiled “Oh, you’re awake now.”

Sunggyu stood up and did a 90 degree bow to Woohyun’s mother “Ahn nyung hae sae yo” he said politely.

Mrs. Nam smiled more, “What a very polite boy, a good-looking boy” she cued “Well, I just came in to tell you guys to wake up, but looks like you guys beat me to it.”

Woohyun and Sunggyu looked at each other for a second and looked away.

Mrs. Nam looked at both of them “Is this room warm?” she asked.

The boys shook their heads in unison.

“Then why are both your faces so red? Like you’re blushing or something?” she said.

Both the boys’ eyes opened wide as they looked away from her and each other.

She smiled and walked out of the room silently.

Woohyun touched his burning cheek Why AM I blushing? He asked himself.

He suddenly felt someone kick his bottom.

He looked up to see Sunggyu scowling down at him once again. “You have a lot of explaining to do” he said “First off…How did I end up in your house? And secondly…” He grabbed the hem of the pants he was wearing “How did I get into these sweatpants…?”

Woohyun could feel the blush creeping back onto his face once again.

“Well…” he choked out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: AWKWARDD~~~ LOL but cute right?? :3 I'll try to update with Chapter 5 soon LOL THANKS FOR READING!

PLEASE COMMENT! I want to know what people feel about this chapter :D THANK YOU!