KKJ scenario: It’s a late night and you’re still working on homework/project

SS501 Scenarios and Reactions ~Precious Alien~ (Requests Open)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Originally posted by isa501

“It’s gonna be a LONG night”, you sighed.

Sixty sketches down, thirty more to go… you had to design 10 jackets for a Japanese designer complete with illustrations, flat technical drawings and concepts ready by tonight. The deadline wasn’t until Monday morning, but if you still wanted the whole weekend off to spend with that special someone before his first solo concert in Japan, you’d better kick it in overdrive. 

As the terrible cliche that is leeched with being a fashion design major anywhere, and you could almost imagine that one person you’re longing for at the moment quoting in very thick Konglish, the words of Tim Gunn, “Make it work!”

Strange how university and your fashion internship dragged you here in Japan this semester, at the same time he was preparing for his first solo concert in Tokyo since returning from the army. Granted, you should’ve been graduating this year, but around the time you withdrew from school to get a few styling gigs at MBC and KBS last year, that’s how you guys met.

Flashback

One Year Ago

You were styling him for his mini-drama, 28 Faces of the Moon. You didn’t mind apprenticing the show’s costume designer, as he was your godfather on your dad’s side, but you couldn’t help your feels when you realized you were dressing and taking Kim Kyu Jong’s measurements. 

“You’re dressing SS501′s Eternal Center and Triple S President, Kim Kyu Jong. (Y/N), don’t screw this up,” you cursed at yourself.

As if he was reading your mind (or probably was just really shocked at how young you were for an apprentice), he smiled brightly as he spread his arms up and out for you to take his bust and waist measurements. “Triple S?” he smirked innocently.

Your eyes bulged from what you could see in the mirror in front of you. “Eh? Ne… chesonghamnida. I guess I’m not very good at hiding my nervousness.”

“Ayyyyy, gwenchana,” smiling that signature, innocent Kim Kyu Jong eye smile. “It’s good to know our PrettieSS are working so hard… plus, you know, I may have had small chat with your godfather during previous fittings.”

“Ayyyyy, he told you that? Well, I hope it doesn’t seem like I didn’t get this apprenticeship on my own. I had to go to the higher ups, before I even found out he would be my boss,” I explained trying to hide the utter embarrassment redding your face. While you knew, as a fan, how Kyu Jong valued hard work to achieve one’s dreams and by nature he was not judgmental, the possibility of your bias thinking you’re a freeloader scared you. 

Cross-eyed, he said, “Aniyo, your godfather speaks very highly of you. Being on break from school and spending your free time to gain some experience working in the field? Now that’s commendable!”

You blushed. Knowing how valued education was in Korea and how being a dropout on ANY level is looked down upon, you were pleasantly surprised (and relieved) Kyu Jong didn’t think about you that way. You also never expected Kim Kyu Jong to be so talkative, but at least he was impressed by you. You died a little inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter