Taken

Heritage

 Exhausted was an understatement, near death was a more accurate word that Xiumin would use to describe himself. His body whether it be human or wolf was screaming in pain, muscles and skin stretching over bones that hadn't quite snapped into place yet. Given that the ordeal of shifting was much less strenuous and significantly shorter than last time but it still wasn't exactly pleasant, although he didn't lose his teeth or nails that time which was a small silver lining in the whole messed up situation that had become Xiumin's life.

 

Focusing on the matter at hand he growled at Kris, his words striking something foreign within him and he felt something awakening much life he had felt before after biting Jongdae. It didn't phase him though, he couldn't get any weirder than he already was, so he shrugged off the feeling and made a dive across the room. His claws scrabbling along the wooden flooring as they searched for purchase on the smooth surface, however they found none and Xiumin found himself crashing into the large window face -well snout- first and smashing through it.

The fall would have killed a human easily, but his now much stronger body took the fall in it's stride and Xiumin darted off into the woods surrounding Jongdae's mansion without looking back. The voice in his mind urging him with "Go left!", "Now right!", "Straight on!", "Don't stop now we're finally going home!"

Home.

Xiumin didn't quite know what the word meant or what it could be defined as now. He once considered home with the Kim's but the wishful thinking disappeared when he remembered that he got into this world through vampires and now said vampires wanted to kill him. The human world could no longer quantify as home. However, theoretically he could have a home here? Wherever here was, but Kris had mentioned fighting wolves before meaning that there had to be a colony of werewolves here. Possibly even people that were willing to help Xiumin.

 

With that in mind Xiumin kept running, swimming, jumping, and weaving. Nothing stopped him, not even night fall. Not even as blood pooled underneath the dirt he stood on, not as the world swayed around him, even as he crumbled to the ground he struggled against his weak body to move forwards. He wanted to go home, to find home. He wanted Jongdae. God how he wanted Jongdae, but he had come so far and he was so very tired. All he could do was roll onto his side, tucking his body underneath the shadow of a large tree and dense foliage and pant, his tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth and drooling puddling beneath his snout.

"You've done well Xiumin, and I know you've had a rough day, I know how much you want to sleep trust me I can feel it, but I know you want the answers to your questions more than that, and I can give you those answers Xiumin. I can tell you who you really are." The voice stated, working it's way into Xiumin's brain and under his skin until he could think of nothing else bar the sounds of questions trickling into every inch of him like sand.

Fine then, tell me.

"There is little I can tell you, you may not believe me, but for now I shall begin with your name. It is not Xiumin, that is your human name, your real name is Minseok. You are the only son of the leaders -King and Queen in human equivalent- of the northern wolf tribe. Essentially you are royalty Minseok." It said slowly, careful as not to overload the already dazed wolf any further. "It would be easier if I show you the rest, this may be painful not only physically but emotionally and I want you to be aware of that before we begin." The voice warned.

I have to know, show me, please Xiumin begged, he couldn't stand not knowing who he was any longer.

"As you wish, now, let us begin."

 

It was snowing when he opened his eyes, thick and deep and covering everything in sight. It was silencing everything, absorbing any noise and muffling it until the sound was mute. It was perfect and untouched, like a blank canvas.

His eyes scanned over the space in front of him until they landed on a man. He was standing on the surface of the snow, but strangely he wasn't sinking, he wasn't even leaving a mark when he walked over the white frost. The mad clad in all black paused and then crouched, holding his hand out with his palm facing downwards.

 

The young child watched as the other's mouth in began moving rapidly, underneath his hand a cloud of black smoke appeared before floating into the air around him. Once the smoke had dissipated into the surrounding air right below his hand in the snow was a circle containing something that looked like the letter M with two lines horizontally through the middle of it and circles either end of the lines. The mark faded within seconds though.

The unknown figure then stood, moved on and repeated this process twice move before standing next to the mark created first. The man looked up and locked eyes with the somewhat curious child that was straining to get a better view, yet once the stranger had a feeling of pure fear spread through Minseok like a wave of hot water.

 

But what was most strange of all, was that the man was crying, big fat tears running down his cheeks and his whole body wracking with sobs. Sons could be heard even through the glass. The child waved, clouding his breath on the glass and drawing a small heart in hopes that the man would smile. But the stranger didn't, he only seemed to cry harder. And then he was gone. But not before the word sorry echoed within child's head.

 

It was obvious that he was supposed to be asleep, his bedtime was over an hour ago but he was just so curious about the man and what he was doing. Bare feet padded down the wooden stairs until he stood in the living room. His parents were watching him, his mother had an angry look on her face but before she could start shouting the child interrupted her.

"Mama no! Mama please don't shout, I just wanted to know why there was a crying man in the garden. He was a strange man, he wasn't leaving any tracks in the snow or sinking, and he'd hold his palm out like this and then loads of weird smoke would appear and then boof! This strange M looking thingy would appear in the snow and then it would disappear. Mama don't be mad I just wanted to know what he was doing!" The small, now terrified boy had babbled running over to his father, attempting to hide behind the man. Neither of his parents said anything for a moment.

"Minseok, I thought it was only Chanyeol who did this, making up big lies and stories. You shouldn't do this, you scared your mother." His father said sternly.

"But papa I'm not lying look I'll draw the mark I saw! Watch! I'm not lying I promise! If it was just a lie why would I risk coming down here past bedtime dummy!" Minseok cried indignantly before his little hands grabbed a pen and the paper next to his father. He drew a rather simple version of what he saw, a large circle with a M inside it, down the middle there were two horizontal lines and on either side he drew the two circles.

"There papa! That's what the man drew in the snow but like there was this black smoke and then it glowed! It was so cool what is it?! Mama? Papa?" He question as he looked between his parents. They looked funny.

 

Mama had gone really, really pale, and Papa was gripping the arm of the chair so hard that it broke and splintered beneath his palm. Suddenly his small body was being thrown in the air at his mother who caught him and pressed his form to her warm body tightly. He let out a squeak of surprise but didn't complain, he loved cuddling his mother.

Minseok had no idea why his parents were acting to strange, but he knew that they were having one of their adults only conversations in their heads. The two of them would communicate telepathically when they wanted to annoy Minseok as he couldn't quite do it yet, he hated being left out of the loop.

"Minseok, my little prince please listen to mama okay? You have to be really honest with me right now, are you telling the truth?" His mother asked gently, her hands cradling his face and squishing his cheeks.

"Yes I promise, he drew three of them and then he looked at me and he was crying! He said he was sorry to me but like I could only hear it in my head it was so weird! Is that what's it's like when you have grown up talk time in your heads?! It's so cool!" He squealed excitedly. But when he saw the tears streaming down his mother's face he stopped jumping in her lap and stilled completely.

"Mama? Mama did I do something wrong? Did I pull your hair again? Mama? Mama? Mama stop crying please! Papa why is mama crying?!" He screamed, his chubby fingers wiping away the tears but more quickly replaced them. Why was mama crying?!

"Get the portal ready, send him to the Kim's. Ah-ah! Before you say it I know, but we can't send them to our neighbouring kingdoms incase he gets followed. Xiumin said there was three, one drawn for each of us. Send him through and make him forget." His father's deep voice rang in his ears and his mother only nodded, completely ignoring all of Xiumin's questions.

He watched with eyes wide as his mother's fingertips began to glow and icy blue. She began drawing intricate patterns onto the wooden flooring while chanting words under her breath, until suddenly something that looked akin to a mirror appeared in front of her. The door was being barricaded by bookcases before his father's hands turned the same colour and he began running his fingers over the window frames and around the door.

"Minseok. Listen to me. I know this is going to scare you but please listen. We have to send you away for a very long time, a very bad man has sent nasty monsters after us. And we can't stop it. I'm sorry Minseok, I'm so sorry that we can't see you grow up into the king you should rightfully be, I'm so sorry. My little prince you are going to stay with the Kim family, they are our friends, they will take care of you okay? Please don't cry, I love you, we love you, and we are so sorry Minseok." His mother announced, her voice eerily calm.

 

"Make him forget! For god sake make him forget! Cap his powers as well! We aren't going to be around to protect him anymore so we have too, there's no other choice! Please baby!" His father screamed and there was a pounding on the other side of the door now, screeching and scratching accompanying the terrified thudding sound. But little Minseok's heartbeat was all he could hear.

"What if he never remembers?! What if we are the ones that end up taking his entire future away from him?! I know we are going to die, I know that my darling! But if I can't protect him anymore and I am already doomed, then this shall be the last thing I do." She screamed before her entire body started glowing, trails of something that looked like intricate lace flowed around her body before they latched onto his skin.

It was so cold that it burned.

"Mama stop! It hurts! Mama!" The child screamed as pain overtook his body, the fiery ice claimed every inch of his skin but his mother never relented. And then he felt it, like a liquid it sept into his skin and sunk into his bones. It coursed through his veins and ripped his skin apart. His body was tearing at the seams but the same tendrils of lace pulled his flesh back until the skin fused together once more. He could hear his mother's voice in his head begging him to stay awake but his head was just so fuzzy. He was trying so hard to do as he was told, to not let the darkness claim him. But it hurt. He hurt so much. It hurt everywhere.

"Minnie focus on the pain. Please please stay awake I can't lose you too." His mother screamed into his face. Her eyes had lost the colour, they were now plain brown instead of pale blue, her hair was black instead of white and she just looked completely drained. So Minseok focused on her, how beautiful she was even now when she looked so different, and on how much he loved her. He knew what she was doing, she was giving her powers to him, but why?! Gradually the glow emitting from her skin dimmed until she was back to her normal colour.

"You did it Minnie, I'm so proud, we're so proud of you. I know you're in pain, I know it's hard but baby you have to do it just once more and then it'll all be over I promise." And with that his mother let his body crumple to the floor, Xiumin could still feel the faint traces of pain lingering on his skin. Crossing the room his mother traded places with his father, who was trying to keep the door closed.

Huh that's strange, Minseok thought. There was black smoke in the room now, swirling at his feet, and there was this weird black pincer that kept spearing through the door. Claws and non human screams sounded from the other side.

When did they get there? Minseok thought, when did papa lose his arm? He looked over and saw blood dripping from his father's shoulder. Stomach lurching and vomit spewing from his mouth Minseok could only scream in pure fear as he saw muscle and bone, the inside of papa was on the outside. Where had papa's arm gone?

 

Minseok's head was fuzzy, he couldn't process what was going on around him. His mother was dangling off the floor, her body limp, blood pouring onto the floor. "Do it, our fate is set but we can change his, give your powers to him, we have no use of them now. I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you, I lo-" His mother's voice was cut of as she screamed. Another black spike had pierced through her.

Suddenly his father was by his side, blocking his view. "Minseok you have to be brave, please do it for mama and papa, we love you so much, don't ever forget that. I'm sorry my little prince, but this is going to hurt." He soothed as he placed his only hand on his son. Minseok stared down at the palm pressed to his body and just like before it started to glow. His body felt numb, to the emotions coursing through him and to the pain yet he still found himself screaming. This one hurt so much more, every single second he felt as if his entire being ripped into a million pieces and then dragged back together. His body couldn't contain the power being forcibly absorbed into him.

"Papa please, it's so cold, I'm so cold. Papa where did mama go? Papa why are you crying?"

"That's good Minseok, focus on the cold, allow yourself to become frozen, don't fight it please! I'm cold too, everything is dark in here I can barely see you." The glow surrounding his father had begun to fade. And so had the life within his eyes. It wasn't dark in the room at all, but his father's eyes were glazed over, blinking rapidly. Papa was just looking through him, not seeing anything.

"My little prince I love you. Your mother loves you. The entire kingdom loves you, your home is here, and one day you shall return, and we will be waiting. Don't ever forget these words Minseok. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I love you, my little king." Minseok's father spoke softly, his voice fading to nothing as he fell to the floor, crushing his son underneath him.

Minseok fought back tears as he rolled his father's corpse off of him, ignoring how the blood froze onto his skin as soon as it began dripping onto him. In slow motion he saw a huge clawed hand reach through the door. It was thin and spindly, it fingers easily as long as Minseok's leg, it was searching for something. Another followed. And another and another.

Until a head joined them. It wasn't really a head. It looked like someone had gotten two faces and twisted them together, but not human faces. Black glossy skin stretched over the disfigured bones, it's two mouths crowded with hideously sharp and grotesquely big teeth. Yellow puss oozed from it's mouth before a high pitch scream emanated from the gaping hole. It had ripped flesh hanging off of it, and multiple eyes finally locked onto him after scanning the room.

 

Minseok had never moved so fast in his life. Knees scraped along the floor as he crawled over to the portal, he threw himself into the light. Suddenly, it was no longer winter around him. It was cool still, but no where near as cold as it was. There was actual green grass beneath his fingers, and flowers opposite him.

 

Everything looked so magical and strange, even the air felt different, his skin glowing as he looked around him. Wait. Minseok realised he was still sat half in and half out of the portal, a claw ghosting the flesh of his calf easily ripping it open and the child immediately spun around, shuffling away from the portal and screaming till his throat was raw.

With tiny, trembling hands he ripped the ring of intricate patterns floating beneath the portal apart to stop the spell. Only then did the scream die in his throat as instead sobs overtook his body.

His parents were dead, his mother was dead, his father was dead, his entire family was dead and he couldn't get back home to his uncles and cousins. Minseok was alive, and alone. He heard a woman shriek in shock somewhere to the left of him, and Minseok slowly turned to see a middle aged woman standing there, hands covering and her body shook with violent shudders.

 

"Who are you?! Are you the Kim person? My mama sent me here before she died, where am I? Who are you? Please, I'm so scared!" Xiumin screamed and the woman ran towards him, picking him up and carrying him inside, setting him on the kitchen table.

"My name is Kim Seoyeon, and over there is my husband Kim Daewoo. We knew your parents, if you're here then that's means you were in extreme danger. We will take care of you and be your family from now on, you will live here with us, but most importantly I am, we are both so sorry you had to go through this my child." The woman, Kim Seo-yeon, said gently.

Minseok was so exhausted, he barely even heard the words of the woman and all he could do was nod as he finally succumbed to the darkness and allowed his body to slump forwards into the arms of the human woman, well, his new mother.

 

"As I'm sure you can guess, the man that killed your parents was Kris, though I do not know why. Who you truly are has been suppressed your entire life, and subsequently I have been forgotten for so many years. And it pains me to say that finding your mate is what awoke me, I would also like to add that Jongdae truly is your mate despite his species although it will be incredibly difficult for you both should you accept the bond. But for now I need you to accept me, Minseok, please." The voice begged.

I've already accepted you, I can't deny any of this anymore, it's who I am. This is my true heritage, the reason why I am an orphan, why those demons targeted me, the fast healing, the sense of smell, everything makes sense now, even the aversion to human touch. I cannot deny myself who I truly am anymore. I am Minseok, I cannot run from myself or you. Minseok thought proudly, and suddenly he felt his body being lifted off of the ground.

 

Bloodied paws dangling uselessly, he could hear his bones crunching once more, skin splitting and form lengthening, only this time his fur was changing to a pure and brilliant white. He felt no pain, only mild discomfort as his current injuries knitted themselves back together and all traces of blood seemed to vanish from his pristine fur. When his paws touched the ground Minseok was once again disorientated, not only was he not exactly used to being a wolf but now he stood proudly at about two metres tall. His wolf's body much larger than it was before, a low whine escaping his throat when he saw frost surrounding his paws.

"This is who you truly are, who we truly are Minseok. Do not fret, I will always be there to guide you but for now there is only one thing I can do for you. Your home was destroyed, but I can get you as close to home as I can possibly get you, but it be best if you switched back into your human form, for some reason wolves and portals are never good combinations." It stated dryly, shocking Minseok when a panel of almost glass appeared in front of him, only much like it had with Tao it did not reflect the surrounding area, instead it showed an entirely different location.

 

With much awkwardness and a few sharp intakes of pain Minseok willed his body to revert back into his human form, a gasp of surprise when he saw white hair falling into his eyes instead of his usual dark brown. And before he had a second to change his mind, Minseok threw himself into the portal, his bare feet slapping down on the marble flooring on the other side.

 

But it seemed that he was not alone. A tall male, possibly around his age, with delicate almost feminine features and sandy blonde hair with similarly coloured canine ears poking through. But within seconds the gentleness that seemed to ooze from the man was gone and sharp teeth were being bared in Minseok's direction.

"Guards! There's a savage in my bedroom!" A shrill voice boomed from the petite man, startling Minseok but before he could open his mouth to explain he was interrupted by a large body tackling him to the floor. His head smashing onto the hard surface and the world around him spun, he faded in and out of consciousness and only managed to catch snippets of the conversation.

"Master Luhan are you alri-?!"

"No get that thing out of here!" The 'Master Luhan' screamed and that was the last thing that Minseok heard.

-

"You can't be serious Kris!"

"It's you who is being stupid! You saw what it did him when he and Xiumin weren't even claimed yet! I'm not making this up, look at his neck!" Kris screamed as he gestured to the now unconscious Jongdae's neck and sure enough there was a intricate design dancing along his skin, black lines pulling and twitching like a living tattoo. It looked strange on a vampire, seeing a werewolf claim mark, but the three vampires couldn't help but admire it's beauty.

"Kyungsoo I know you feel like we're denying Jongdae the most wonderful thing in the world and honestly the idea of making him forget chills me to the core, the idea of forgetting Kris like I can't even imagine it. But Kris is right, we don't know if Xiumin is alive or dead and with a bond this fresh it's going to be hard enough as it! Let alone if Xiumin is alive, it'd be the first inter species relationship in the history of time! humans and vampires, this is a whole new ball game, Xiumin is a werewolf!" Tao cried, standing by his boyfriend proudly.

"We have to make him forget Kyungsoo I'm sorry, I don't want to do it but we must." Kris ordered, his face was calm but inside he was screaming, he couldn't have them find out his secret. He couldn't have his father found out, he'd kill Tao and then him, or make Tao suffer and kill him or some equally deadly variation.

"What if Xiumin's alive, what if he comes back and Jongdae doesn't know him. Imagine being rejected by your mate like that!" Kyungsoo countered with, his own heart aching from the thought of it.

"What if he's dead Soo, what if he doesn't come back and finds a pretty little doggy in his new werewolf world. I can't bear to see Jongdae suffer like that and neither can you, I know if Xiumin did happen to be alive and did happen to come back I understand that it'd be devastating but right now he's not the childhood friend that has just cried himself to sleep, and is still crying in his sleep! Just look at him Soo please!" Jongin begged, arms wrapping around Kyungsoo's body holding the other male close.

"Fine, but I will have no part in this. If you do this Kris you stand alone-"

"I agree."

"Me three, sorry baby." Tao chimed in with.

 

Kris chose to remain silent, moving to stand and then kneeling beside Jongdae. Said male was curled up tightly into a ball on his side, his skin exceptionally pale and his body lightly shuddering with each breath. With gentle hands he unfurled the limbs and laid Jongdae out flat on his back, next cradling his head within both hands, thumbs pressing against his temples lightly.

He allowed his energy to flow out of his fingertips and he fought back tears as Jongdae opened his eyes wide, the whites bloodshot and the pupils bright red. Jongdae was begging under his breath feebly, soon Kris' own tears were joking the ones dribbling down the other's cheeks. Kris felt as if his heart was being pulled out of his chest as Jongdae was now flat out screaming, begging, calling out for Xiumin like his life depended on it. The mark on his neck was pulsing, alternating between extending by an inch or so in every single direction before drawing itself back in until it spanned the size of a thumb tack.

 

The memories of heated skin on skin, every inch pressed up so deliciously as they rubbed against each other. Savouring the taste of Xiumin's rich blood in his mouth and the feeling of fangs biting into his neck, sinking in, driving that feeling of dominance into his very soul, and it left him begging for more. The pleasure ripping through him like a hot knife through butter and the profound sense of literal completeness when the mark bloomed on his neck in all it's midnight coloured glory.

 

Kris took it all from Jongdae without hesitation.

 

The two of them snugly fit together on Xiumin's couch, fingers tracing up and down bare skin memorising every dip and curve and ridge of muscle. No heat between then, just slow burning passion at the kissed each other, Jongdae's hand ghosting up and down Xiumin's side where he knew it tickled the other and the laughing male broke the kiss to smile brightly. And for a moment in that memory Jongdae was dazed by it, in a trance by how happy the other looked, and him being the source of said happiness caused his heart to swell painfully and his fangs to burn in a similar discomfort. The first time the thought of turning Xiumin entered his mind, he wanted that smile forever.

 

Ripped from his mind.

 

Xiumin's smile, how his eyes would crinkle in the corners. How he would play with Jongdae's hair without even realising it. The curve of his waist and the broadness of his shoulders. His habit of walking around shirtless, how his skin glistened in the sun. His brown hair and soft eyes, a gentle caress that Jongdae knew held so much strength. How his voice sounded in the morning, and how it washed over his skin when it whispered the most sinful things in his ear late at night. What he ordered for Chinese food, his parent's names, his love of dogs, the shower gel he used. The heat of his skin and warmth of his love.

 

All of it gone.

 

The last thing that he couldn't quite get rid of was the first meeting. For it was the first time in over a thousand years that Jongdae's heart had begun to beat. Xiumin brought him back to life if only for a moment and that was when Jongdae knew. It was the moment that Jongdae fell in love, and said male clung to it with every ounce of his being. So Kris had to settle. He couldn't take he memory but he could take Xiumin out of it.

And with that the mark on Jongdae's neck grew so small that it could be mistaken for a birthmark, and slowly the vampire stopped struggling against Kris' hold and slumped back down against the mattress. Xiumin's name no longer echoing down the corridors and bouncing off of the walls, no more did it rattle around the rooms that Xiumin could have brought to life with his laughter and presence alone. No more did Jongdae beg and fight for his love.

-

The pain of the fists driving into his stomach and face repeatedly were nothing on the burning and twisting of his heart within his chest, gasping for breath it felt like the skin of his neck was peeling from his bones.

And for a brief moment the beatings stopped and for the first time in days the men beating him looked at him with such a look of pity and sorrow, as one shakily drew his leg back another stood in front of him. Seemingly protecting Minseok as the large man grunted for the guards to go inform Master Luhan of what just happened. He could only heave in deep breaths to try and ease the pain but nothing worked, it was like someone had stabbed him straight through the heart, wrenching the ribs apart and endlessly spinning and pistoning the blade in and out.

 

Within minutes the guards were back and hauling him to his feet, dragging his motionless body down corridor after corridor. Blood dribbled from his mouth as his head lolled to the side, briefly catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror and Minseok nearly vomited from the sight alone. Bruises covered most of his flesh, one obscenely dark almost black one curling around his waist, blood oozed sluggishly out of half sealed gashes and cuts, the left side of his face slightly swollen and rings of purple liked his eyes. But his hair was still white and his eyes still blue, and that alone gave him the strength to stand up proudly in front of the five men sat in thrones directly ahead of him.

 

"We were going to punish you or the crime of attempting Master Luhan, but the guards claim they saw your mark destroy itself. While you have our deepest condolences for the death of your mate, and given the two of these occurrences may be linked but for now I'm afraid you are still under arrest." The taller of them all boomed, clad in robes of rich crimsons, his dress shirt a steely grey and his throne of black marble glistened in the light that was emitting from the boy sat on the pure white throne next to him.

"Why were you in Luhan's-Master Luhan's chambers?!" Another yelled, a gust of wind wiping about Minseok and sending him crashing to the floor.

 

"I told you, I came through a portal, I had just shifted which was why I was -I'm utterly humiliated if that makes you feel any better- and I ended up in your room but I don't know why!" Minseok shouted, words slightly lisped cut to his busted bottom lip.

"He's lying Luhan! He was sent to kill you-"

"Prince Sehun that is enough." Master Luhan boomed, glaring at the male seated in the throne next to him. "You claim you came from the human world but that is impossible, there are no werewolves in the human world itself so if you were there we would of been notified, what family are you with? Shift so we may see your fur mongrel!" The boy then ordered, moving to stand as he bellowed at the pitiful creature lying at the bottom of the stairs. Disgusting thing was staining the carpet with it's blood.

 

"You know them. Try and remember." The voice which Minseok had forgotten until then urged, and soon enough he found childhood memories tumbling through his mind. With each set of new memories a name would flow off of his tongue as images of them as young children ran through his mind. "Yeollie, Baekhyun, the Hunnie's, and XingXing. I'm sorry it took me so long to come home." Minseok rasped out, his mind fizzy from the assault of knowledge.

"How dare you address them so casually you filth!" The guard standing to the left of Minseok bellowed, fist colliding with his cheek and it left his ears ringing. But a raised hand from one of the princes stopped him, although which one Minseok couldn't tell. However deep down he knew who it was before he even lifted his head.

 

There were exclaims of surprise when Prince Yixing crouched down in front of the prisoner, wiping away the blood gushing out of his bottom lip with a handkerchief before helping the pathetic male stand.

"I know it is impossible, but if you are who I think you are then you must shift, prove your heritage to us we cannot help you otherwise." Prince Yixing begged, his eyes pleading with the prisoner. Half of him knew it was impossible for the prisoner to actually be the brother they lost, but those pet names and that face, Yixing just couldn't ignore the feeling in his gut any longer.

 

"This won't be pretty. I'm not exactly very good at shifting." Minseok stuttered out and gave a small smile as Yixing took a few steps back and gestured for the guards to do the same.

And with baited breath everyone watched as the captive feel to his knees cursing furiously under his breath. His shift was no where near as fluid as to should of been for someone his age, he did it painfully stage by stage and everyone cringed when blood, vomit, and loose bits of flesh splattered to the floor.

 

Minseok desperately tried to focus, tried to shift, but he was so exhausted and practically trembling with pain. Though he knew that he had to prove that he truly was Minseok, the only and presumed dead son of the northern tribe. A gasp of suprised escaped his lips when his body was enveloped in a pale green glow, it's source Yixing's hands. The idiot was healing Minseok as he shifted, aiding the process and with that the half man half beast found the strength to push himself over the edge.

 

It was much harder to shift into his truest form than it was before, he was so much larger now. Legs longer, fur thicker, entire body rippling with muscles, but by the end of it though he was slightly bloodied and battered -white fur matted with dirt and blood- Minseok stood proud, snout raised in the air and a growl in his throat but it quickly died down when he felt Yixing throw himself against the beast. Openly sobbing and wailing.

 

The four remaining princes looked at each other with eyes wide, Baekhyun standing with Chanyeol hand in hand and both trying their hardest to regain their composure but it didn't last long, and it completely snapped after Luhan spoke the words "It's true, this is real, I scanned through his thoughts and it's truly him, our brother is home."

 

Luhan on the other hand could only sit back and watch as his long forgotten brother was embraced and petted like a lap dog, laughing when Baekhyun clambered a top of him and Minseok promptly shucked him off. He was far to occupied by the chilling images in his brother's mind and more importantly, what to do about Jongdae?


 Word count:6224

one night has passed since last chapter.

sorry it's up a little bit late, but yeah like oooohhhoooohhhhh plot development, what's going to happen now that Minseok is recognised as a prince, and that Jongdae has been forced to forget so that Kris can cover up his past.

drama drama drama

you know the drill, comment, subscribe, and up vote if you liked it