Chapter 46 : Confession

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi watched him breathe. His eyes were closed as he stayed on the couch seated upright. The person who they thought died last night, was alive and breathing.

She felt someone slightly tap her head. She looked up to see Sehun passing her and getting to Suho with a bowl of soup in his hand while mouthing "Stop staring," at her.

It was early in the morning after the unexpected flood from last night and the first thing that happened after she came out of her mother's room was that Baekhyun asked her to keep an eye on Suho who seemed to excel in sleeping while staying strictly seated. She wondered whether he knew how much of a worry he had caused his companions who were constantly checking on him after he came back to life after being dead for a couple of seconds last night. Seulgi was asked to go sleep after Wendy was sent back home, while the others stayed up throughout the night attending to Suho.

Nevertheless, she knew that Suho probably knew even more about the unease he's caused to his mates than she did.

She watched Sehun carefully help Suho with his bandaged left arm and take a seat right next to him in order to feed him the bowl of soup Baekhyun attempted to make earlier the same morning but ultimately asked Jongin to finish up for him because he didn't want Suho to end up having a stomach ache as well (Just in case).

Seulgi stood up and made her way into the kitchen leaving Sehun with Suho, to find Jongin doing the dishes.

"How is he doing?" Seulgi asked about Suho from Jongin.

"Just like how he looks. He talks a little, though. Baekhyun hyung went on about what happened to him last night after he begged us to fill him in on how we ended up here. First thing he wanted to do was to get out of bed and go find the others. But I said no and that Kris hyung asked us to stay here till the time comes..."

Jongin started pouring in on everything; quite unlike him for he normally held back most information. But something about last night had him shook that he was waiting for someone to just listen to him rant on. 

He did speak quite elaborately, but half way through he realized that although Seulgi appeared to be listening, she too had zoned out letting her mind escape as her eyes went back onto Suho and Sehun on the couch.

Her eyes were filled with worry, and as Jongin let his own eyes focus on her standing next to him, completely unaware that he had stopped talking to look at her getting entangled in her own thoughts, he only saw compassion. Her innocent thoughts of wanting to know whether everyone was okay was having Jongin unable to tear his gaze off of her.

He smiled unknowingly. But as he realized what he was doing he quickly looked back at the half washed bowl in his hand having the water from the tap gushing on to it, erasing his smile as he began to understand that Suho waking up meant that they were going to leave Seulgi's place soon.

It was only yesterday that he got closer to Seulgi, being able to talk about normal things to their hearts content, and it was already time to leave.

"Seulgi-ah, I might get late today as well..." Ji Yeon, who barged into the kitchen, blabbered on thoughtlessly to Seulgi who stood there looking at her mother trying to gobble up her breakfast in one go.

Ji Yeon almost accidentally swallowed down the portion of the food Baekhyun was "experimenting" on, if it wasn't for Jonign who noticed it and quickly grabbed it away from Ji Yeon not letting her to hold onto Baekhyun's cooking. Jongin smiled watching Seulgi's mother. He saw some funny similarities between the mother and the daughter, but most of all he was just glad that Ji Yeon was of most help to them than anyone else.

As soon as Ji Yeon got back home last night, she attended to Suho, who had woken up by the time she came home. Even Suho was surprised to see that she had actually let them come inside her home in the first place. 

"...Jongin-ah, take care of the others."

Jongin found Ji Yeon pat his head before she ran out of the kitchen to grab her bags.

He watched her put on her shoes and quickly run to Sehun and Suho. She asked Suho how he was doing before she ruffled Sehun's hair playfully like she always did when she saw him walking around the place. Jongin couldn't help but smile. However, Seulgi quickly grabbed his attention as she turned around with a smirk on her face. He wondered why she looked partly disgusted but then he figured out it was probably because of how Ji Yeon was playing with Sehun, which in turn made Jongin smile more widely and snicker.

"See...This is why you don't have siblings. You get jealous easily," Jongin pointed out as he turned around and leaned on the table following Seulgi. He even crossed his arms copying her and looked to see her rolling her eyes.

"It's not that I'm jealous. I mean, I knew she always wanted a son and ever since Sehun came to my place from back then, she made it so obvious anyway. And now, she does it with all of you!"

"But she worries about you the most!"

Seulgi looked up at Jongin with flaming eyes.

"Why are you taking her side? Is she paying you to be on her side?"

Jongin suddenly leaned forward towards Seulgi and knuckled her head leaving her to whine loudly before she went away rubbing her crown.

Jongin couldn't hide it anymore. Each time he saw her, he just wanted to play with her and annoy her. But each time a smile creeped up onto his lips he would notice it right away and after sometime his elated feelings would drop low to the depths of his soul, for he wasn't supposed to do this. He knew he wasn't supposed to feel this way about her. Yet knowing that he was going to leave soon anyway, he was wanting to be selfish. He was at war with himself.

 

 

It was probably a little after noon that day, when Seulgi, who was studying for her exams but was basically lazing around on the roof top of her apartment complex, jumped up as her phone beeped loudly.

It was rare for her phone to be acting this way and she grabbed it right away to see that she had received a message...from Jongin.

Where are you?

Why do you want to know that?

Just asking. By the way, are you free this evening?

 

Seulgi stared at the last sentence. She wondered as to what that even meant.

 

Maybe...why?

Well, I'm still not done with my book.

Book? What book?

You know, that book...

 

Seulgi suddenly threw her phone to the ground.

"What?! Why is he asking this again??"

Seulgi heard her phone beep again and she peeked to see Jongin still sending in texts.

 

We are still dating, you know.

"No, we are not! It ended after we got exposed yesterday, you fool!"

I want to keep my end of the contract...

"Not me! I don't want to do that!" Seulgi shouted and pulled back from her phone on the ground still beeping.

Why aren't you answering?

Where are you? 

Did your phone break again?

Hello?

 

She stayed away from it, going back to her book she was revising her school work on. After all that happened yesterday with Wendy and the boys throwing a tantrum over them fake dating, she didn't want to involve herself in any sort of thing even slightly related to it anymore. After Suho woke up she thought that their "dating thing" would have gotten buried, but it seemed like Jongin was trying to resurrect it once more.

The phone kept going off, and not even wanting to go near it, Seulgi only covered her ears and tried to ignore it somehow for her own health's sake.

After sometime, her phone went back to being silent and she automatically started focusing on her school work. Hours went by without her even knowing while she crammed most of the meaningless supposedly information that was apparently going to help her pass an exam which would not even help in the least to carry on with her life.

Soon, she was done and was beginning to notice that it was the time for the sun to set when she stood up from the corner of the rooftop she cramped herself into most comfortably.

She picked up her stuff and got to the tiny door which opened up to the rooftop. She clutched onto the books and grabbed the door handle, twisting it and opening it to suddenly find a slim figure leaning against the wall blocking her way. She watched him look up at her and smile cheekily.

He didn't expect it, but she, at once, closed the door back with a bang and leaned against it, putting pressure to her feet, holding the door close so that the one on the other side couldn't open it and get to her.

Bang!

"Yah! This is unfair. Open it or I will push it open!" Jongin shouted from the other side.

"Why are you here? Go away!"

"What makes you think I was here to see you? I..I wanted to enjoy the sun set from the rooftop as well!"

"Stop lying!"

Seulgi felt him pushing the door from the other side. She struggled to keep it closed as she watched her feet slide so easily and the door creaked open without any difficulty.

As soon as Seulgi saw that it had opened up a decent amount, she quickly gave up and was ready to run for it (although, there was no place to run since she was on a bloody rooftop).

But she failed once more as a hand jolt out and grabbed her stopping her from yet again making another failed attempt.

The door shut back with a bang and Seulgi's eyes squinted close to the loud sound.

She only opened it back to find Jongin standing inches away from her holding onto her wrist tightly.

"Bad girl..." he spoke almost like he was annoyed that Seulgi was making a fuss out of everything for no reason.

But she didn't once look up at him. She thought he must be looking furious, but he only looked completely content that it was her loss not to see him smiling cheekily like that.

He jerked her hand and pulled it to him trying to make her to look up at him. But she didn't.

"You were trying to run away, huh? Why, though? I didn't come here to eat you..."

Jongin watched Seulgi make a face.

"...You know what? Since you want to run away so badly, let's run away together then."

"Now?" Seulgi looked up to see him smirk.

"Yup! Right now!"

Jongin suddenly stepped up in front and started to walk dragging Seulgi, who was starting to protest, with him. She didn't know what he was going at till she saw that she was being dragged to the edge of the rooftop. 

She knew what was going to come. In fact, she knew Jongin had a particular interest in pulling these kinds of jokes.

"Yah! Are you mad?! Stop! STOP!"

 

Seulgi struggled in vain as Jongin pulled her in front and the both of them climbed onto the concrete barrier on the edge of the rooftop. Amidst Seulgi's shouts he pushed forward and listened to her screams rise a pitch higher as she saw the ground below.

Jongin's hands automatically went to Seulgi's eyes and covered them before he pushed both their bodies off the edge, and both of them felt a sudden loss of air.

Seulgi felt her ears go ringing and then fall dead silent.

"You can let go of my hand now..." Jongin's soothing voice spoke closer to Seulgi's ear making her feel the warm air from his breadth fall directly onto her skin and make her suddenly feel all tingly inside.

The words he spoke didn't strike her till after sometime when she realized that Jongin's hand that was covering her eyes was being held tightly by her own two hands.

She let go of them immediately and fluttered her eyes open to see a beautiful scenery of a lake in front of them with crystal clear waters and millions of tiny petals covering the lake's surface from here and there. The s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter