Chapter 18 : The lone ranger

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lone ranger, the one who wanted to stand alone and prove to the others that he was perfectly capable of carrying out a rescue mission just by himself was kind of having second thoughts.

He brushed off the awkward feeling of whether things were going to get messier than it had already gotten, and focused on waiting for the elevator door to open while the lady, who was drunk, kept fiddling with her hair giving seductive looks at him.

 

Baekhyun smiled but turned his head to cough awkwardly thinking of how to ditch her before she would get her hands on him.

 

Soon, he was on the elevator that opened to them with the small key card that the lady had. The security was tight. The lady pressed the number seven and as the elevator doors closed he smiled knowing that he had finally gotten in and was now free to roam around looking for his target.

 

"I feel like you are one of those rich fellows who get dragged down to work because later on they are going to inherit their father's empire. I'm right, aren't I?"

 

Baekhyun looked from the corner of his eyes to see the drunk woman speaking while resting against the walls in an awkward pose looking at him.

*cough* "Not really. But if you say so," Baekhyun answered looking the other way.

 

This ain't one of those dramas you watch at night...

 

But Baekhyun held his breadth when without warning the woman grabbed him by his collar.

 

The doors suddenly swung open with a tiny bell ringing. And soon Baekhyun pushed himself to the other end, adjusting his shirt, while he and the woman watched a set of large men get in.

 

"Yeah, it was the wrong floor...," Baekhyun suddenly froze seeing his target get in speaking with someone on his phone, "...Number six please."

Baekhyun watched carefully while the man with the red over coat and the dragon printed on its back, ordered the huge man who took his place in front of the buttons.

 

He kept watching him carefully while the doors shut. Looked like he didn't notice Baekhyun or the woman inside. Who could, for most of the space was taken up by his bulk security.

 

Sixth floor? Seventh floor...

 

Baekhyun was calculating on his own when the elevator stopped and soon his target was gone and he was left alone with the woman in the elevator once again.

 

I should get off too...

 

He thought to himself. But the doors closed faster and they were on their way to the seventh floor.

The woman was getting restless and as soon as the doors opened she pulled Baekhyun's hand ready to get off. But Baekhyun had plans of his own.

He grabbed his hand back and pushed the woman off of the elevator and started repeatedly pressing the 'Close' button.

"I'm sorry. Maybe next time," He gave a wicked smile to her and watched her blankly stare at him and then start to realize what was going on.

By the time she reached to stop the doors, it was already too late. Byun Baekhyun was on his way.

 

Soon Baekhyun wound up on the sixth floor and was running around unable to find any trace of his target.

"Where the bloody hell is he?" 

He started feeling anxious when a room number placed neatly on a door caught his attention.

 

"209," Baekhyun sounded out while noticing that the door wasn't closed. It was just resting there.

 

He quickly pulled out the hair gel, that was given to him before, from his pocket and applied a chunk of it on his crown. And quickly wrapped the bow tie around his neck and adjusted his shirt.

He was going to barge in shouting 'Room service', but for some reason he just opened the door in complete silence and tip toed inside.

 

It was a luxurious room. The off white walls, the carpeted floors and the grand couch that sat in front of the large screen with an aroma candle burning on the dinner table made Baekhyun pause for a moment and absorb it all in. 

As he tip toed to the heart of the room the slight sound of a waltz caught his attention. It was coming from the main bed room.

He immediately moved towards the doors, yet again, not fully shut. He slightly opened it peeking in through the slit formed.

There was no one inside.

He went in now seeing the room empty and saw that there was a make up box and a pink suit case towards the corner.

"Since when did he..."

 

Baekhyun lost his words as the door of the bathroom swung open and the sound of the waltz became clearer. His jaw was also hanging, for he was seeing a woman in her bath robes staring back at him, equally surprised.

 

"Oh ," he wanted to punch himself. It was the actress from before. This was her room.

"I'm sorry, I did not..."

 

But it was too late. The woman started shouting her lungs out, and Baekhyun was on his feet running off.

He almost slipped grabbing the front door while she shouted with her high pitched voice, which Baekhyun was so sure that everyone in the hotel heard.

"ert! There is a ERT!"

 

He ran out of the room only to stumble down on the feet on two men. He lifted his head up to see that it was Kris's body guards. Kris was standing only a feet away from them.

"Kri..."

"ERT!" The woman came out shouting.

 

And Baekhyun knew he was about to have his bones crushed by the six huge men who stared down at him clutching on to the carpeted floors. So, he did what he had to do. 

He stood up, swung the other way and started running off as fast as he could.

 

 

***

 

 

Maybe it was because he didn't want to join Taemin and his family for dinner, Jongin was suddenly regretting his decision to stay on the floor of Taemin's room with his journal while his stomach made noises.

 

"Shush," Jongin said to his stomach whose growls intensified by the minute.

 

Taemin opened the door and came in making Jongin sit in a different position hoping his stomach would stop the awful noises.

It was late night. And Jongin was back from his adventures of wandering off to somewhere, without telling anyone.

 

He was pretending to be absorbed in writing on his journal when Taemin kicked him to get his attention.

He looked up a bit pissed off at Taemin but immediately calmed down seeing Taemin holding a plate of food.

"Eat. I can't sleep with your stomach growling at night," Taemin said squatting down next to Jongin.

 

Jongin smiled and grabbed the plate stealthily while observing Taemin's reaction.

Soon was stuffing himself while Taemin watched him eat.

"Bro, you and I seem too far apart these days. What's going on?" Taemin asked quite honestly.

Jongin just stayed quiet hoping Taemin would think that he was focusing on eating.

"Kim Jongin! Answer me while I'm being nice. What's going on? You know, I've never questioned you about your family or your past but if something serious is going on you have to tell me too. We've know each other for quite a long time now."

"There's nothing wrong. I promise. It's just that...I need time to figure out stuff," Jongin said having his eyes fixed on his food for he found it hard to look into Taemin's eyes.

"What stuff?!"

 

Jongin stood up while Taemin watched him.

"Go to sleep. I'll wash the dishes after I'm done eating. You have school tomorrow," Jongin immediately went to the door while Taemin shouted back,

"We both have school tomorrow!"

 

But Jongin was gone already.

He was feeling like he was not being a good friend to Taemin. After all, from the time he got poisoned his entire world was just Taemin and him having fun. There was nothing else and he never bothered to dig into his past until Seulgi showed up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter