Chapter 21 : Two moons

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stone, amethyst, is best known as to be a calm and meditative crystal. It helps balance the positive and negative energies and provides patience and peace to the bearer. It heals the mind.

 

D.O looked at the thin silver ring resting on his palm as he touched it with his thumb, slowly, feeling every inch of it. He watched as the ring spun around a bit and finally the tiny purple stone fixed onto the ring was visible.

 

The amethyst, the stone on the ring, was also capable of making a clear connection between the earth plane and other worlds. 

 

It was capable of storing a particular energy within the crystal, and there were only a selected few who could feel and connect to that energy.

 

But the ring didn't belong to D.O. It wasn't his ring.

 

 

***

 

Jealousy, the feeling of being left out or wanting to be in another's position, never occurred to Sehun up until now.

He tried focusing on peeling the orange on his hand while seated on the small chair at the kitchen table. He squeezed towards the end of the peel and spurt out a bit of juice from the fruit onto his eye. But that didn't bother him for he was fully concentrating on getting a dozen oranges peeled at the flash of a minute if he were to go on at this pace.

While having his eyes on the orange, he spotted a hand reach in with a white handkerchief. He had seen this hand a million times already and he knew it as her.

 

"Here. You have some orange juice close to you eye," Seulgi said but Sehun shook his head immediately without taking the time to look at her and give an answer.

He was avoiding her for he was afraid that she'd catch on with what he felt seeing her and his friend, whom he saw for the first time after been healed, having an intimate moment only minutes before.

 

Seulgi too was hesitant to talk to Sehun but seeing that she needed to clear things off and make him understand that it was just his friend playing with her before, she just wanted to reach out first. But Sehun was being rather close-mouthed and to himself rejecting any friendly gestures.

 

 

"Sehun, go talk to Jongin while I make something for him," Ji Yeon crashed in and grabbed the orange from Sehun's hands.

"...Go go. You need to get out more often," Ji Yeon pulled Sehun up from the chair while Seulgi backed off and gave her mother and Sehun space.

"Ah Ahjumma, I don't--"

 

But Ji Yeon had already dragged him into the living room where Jongin sat looking at a picture hung on the wall.

 

Sehun gulped seeing Kai. He looked the same to Sehun from when he last saw him some years ago. He could still hear Kai's unique hilarious laugh ringing across his ears.

 

They were both the youngest among the twelve. But, somehow, Sehun always found Kai to be much older and wiser than of his true age. He never really clicked with him when they first met but after sometime they both got used to each other to the point Sehun knew when Kai was feeling down and he had to start poking him to bring him back to his self.

 

"Jongin-ah, this is Oh Sehun. He is...um...he is staying here with us for sometime," Ji Yeon said remembering not to bring up Sehun's incident that she thought she fully knew of.

 

Sehun watched as Jongin raised one of his brows after Ji Yeon mentioned that Sehun lived with them but seconds later put on a smile and greeted him.

"You boys get to know each other while I get something nice to eat for you."

"Actually it's just fine, Eomonim. I just came to drop Seulgi. I'll be leaving in--"

"What are you talking about? It's very unlikely for Seulgi to bring friends home. Let's have something small,okay?"

 

Eomonim? Eomonim?! Even I still call Ji Yeon-ssi ahjumma! Is he really that close of a friend to Seulgi already?

 

Sehun couldn't help but question after the image of how close Kai was standing next to Seulgi flashed across his mind. Sehun felt like he wanted to punch Kai that moment but relaxed his half-way clenched fist as Jongin turned to him after Ji Yeon left them alone in the living room.

It was like someone hit him in the head to Sehun. That same Kai he's known for years was now looking at him like he knew nothing about their past.

 

"I guess you got away alive from the guys who were beating us last time," Jongin first spoke.

Sehun looked back at him confused but remembering Suho mention to him about the incident with the hunters last time he gave a nod and replied,

"Yeah."

"You are one of them too, then? One of the guys who rescued us?"

Sehun stayed silent, for as far as he knew Jongin was not that eager in letting his hyungs help him. But Jongin knew already that Sehun was one of them, and he was trying to wrap his head around why and how Sehun even got to Seulgi's.

 

"If me being one of them makes you want to punch me in the face, I'd rather not answer your question," Sehun replied to which Jongin surprisingly gave out a smirk and turned his head back on to staring at the wall.

 

It was a bit awkward for them. Jongin remembered meeting Sehun at the convenience store for the first time and ending up tied together while a bunch of masked men started to beat them up. While, Sehun remembered nothing of that sort that Jongin did, but instead remembered the past of them in their reality and how they got closer almost to being like true siblings. But as the both of them sat there at the two corners of the tiny couch they knew that each of them had a soft spot for one another despite the feeling of slight agitation.

And the cause for that agitation, Miss Kang Seulgi, was having her hawk eyes on them peeping from behind the wall separating the living room and the kitchen.

 

Seulgi clearly remembered Sehun's expression when she saw him at the top of the lane standing like a tall bean pole carrying the heavy trash. She remembered pushing Jongin off of her while Jongin looked confused and then scratched his head seeing Seulgi as red as a tomato. But as Seulgi turned her head to see where Sehun was, he was already gone. Poof! And Jongin being an irritating piece of gum, stuck onto her walking her to her house where to Seulgi's utmost dismay, her mother was outside and spotted the both of them, leading onto inviting Jongin inside.

 

"Yah!" Ji Yeon smacked Seulgi slightly after a strong whisper.

Seulgi held in her 'Ouch!' and turned to her mother.

"What is he? Your boyfriend or something?"

"What?! No!" Seulgi shouted but ate her words in hoping the ones at the living room didn't hear her.

"Handsome fellow, though. If your dating let me know, okay? He looks like one of those 'bad yet handsome' ones you girls fall head over heels for."

"I'm not!...Urgh! Umma, he's just a friend," Seulgi repeated watching her mother take a peek at the boys.

"Yeah yeah that's how we all start," her mother sang to her and turned around to go back to the kitchen while Seulgi set out a frustrated sigh.

But in a while she was biting her lip while her mother forced her to take the tray full of sweets to Jongin and she was barely balancing herself seeing him close up again afraid he'd jump at her and steal the kiss that never happened.

 

Sehun watched as she placed the tray on the small table in front of Jongin and said, "Eat," in a squeaky voice.

Seulgi looked up at Jongin and then he flashed a smirk making Seulgi a bit flustered and bite her lip once more for an unknown reason.

 

Sehun caught all that was happening. He was basically sitting across almost unseen by the two who were having a silent moment. But he was having thoughts of his own.

 

It's happening again. It's happening once more...

Sehun thought as he watched Jongin play with Seulgi asking her which one was sweet and which was sour. One thing Jongin didn't know but Sehun knew was that they were both once attached to the same girl back at home. And it was happening again once more. They were both getting attached to one lonely soul in this reality as well.

They were both beginning to be two moons on the same sky once more.

 

 

***

 

 

The flashes made him unbelievably tired. It was like each flash drained the soul out of his eyes making him want to turn away and run off. But this was what he chose. This was what he wanted to do after finding himself stranded in an unknown place with no one but himself to rely on.

"Krissy, let's go," the actress, who had her hand locked with his, spoke to him with a fake smile plastered across her face.

Kris turned his head to look at her and seeing her face sparkle to the still on going flashes, he smiled with the corner of his mouth and gave a nod.

 

"Kris oppa I love you!~"

 

The last loud shout from a female fan ringed across his ears as he finally left the awful tiny red stage into the building with a dim lighting and slow music being played.

 

He was having some of the make-up staff wipe his sweat off when his left hand brushed on one of the staff's make kits and he groaned.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," the girl apologized seeing his tensed up face and kept on bowing while he held onto his hand and caressed it with the other.

 

"Well done, Kris! Only one more to go and you are on your way back home....with a ton of cash in your wallet too that is," the organizer, a stout man with a large belly, came in and laughed while patting Kris's back, and Kris was feeling the intensity of each pat quite heavily down his spine. The happiness when people drain out the money that runs the world from youngsters obsessed on glittery things such as the actor who helped the man in money, can never be fully exaggerated.

 

"Krissy did so well, didn't he?" the actress chimed in the most irritating manner and punched Kris jokingly while the man kept patting him from the other side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter