Chapter 16 : The hunter

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's a hunter for each of us...They exist to provoke us to end our lives...

 

"Hyung, I miss your cooking. I want to have some now," Sehun whined.

He was at the Kang residence alone after Ji Yeon left for her night shift and was waiting for Seulgi to show up. 

As always, Sehun called his beloved hyung and started bothering him.

 

"Sehun, if you have nothing to do just go to sleep," D.O spoke from the other end to which Sehun grunted and started spitting out complaints like it was too chilly in his room.

"By the way Sehun-ah, how's Seulgi? Is she doing fine?" D.O asked quite interestedly and listened so attentively to Sehun's answer. It was kind of D.O's way of teasing someone.

Sehun just mumbled something like, "Oh yeah..she...she's fine. Why did you ask?"

"Well, don't have too much fun, okay?"

Sehun nodded but his imagination of 'fun' ran a bit too far and stopped at him making a disgusted face and shouting back, "Yah hyung! What 'fun' are you talking about?"

"What 'fun' are you thinking about?...Sehun-ah, I have to go. Good night"

 

"Oh okay, hyung," Sehun muttered to D.O, who had already hung up.

 

He sighed as he sat down on the dinning table and waited looking at the decent meal prepared and left by Ji Yeon for both him and Seulgi.

He was already half way into falling into his deep thoughts when the slight creak of a window got him on his feet.

 

It was highly unlikely that Seulgi would decide on entering the house through a window, so he walked ahead with his guard up. He took silent steps listening so attentively, but all he could hear was absolutely nothing.

His brows knit together but soon rose as his eyes spotted a dark figure standing at the dark corner to his room looking back at him.

Sehun could feel goosebumps as chills ran down his back as he saw the figure just silently stare at him.

 

"I can see you, you know. What...what do you want?" Sehun barely let out a sound.

And just as he feared, the figure after listening to him slowly started walking towards him letting the living room light reveal his shape. 

 

Sehun watched as the figure dressed in black with a black mask covering his face from the tip of his nose down, took slow steps leading towards him.

"What do you want?" Sehun repeated watching him come all the way close to Sehun and stop.

He was a bit shorter than Sehun but looked stronger.

 

Sehun observed him from head to toe. But the eyes caught his attention the most. The deep blue eyes that stared to the very depths of his soul was the very cause of the nonstop chills that ran down Sehun's body. The stare was too scary, too incredibly alluring, too dangerous and too...familiar, strangely very familiar.

 

A thought ran across Sehun's mind and before he could catch it, he was running for his life.

The hunter grabbed Sehun's ankle in seconds and both fell down on the floor.

Sehun felt the strong hands pull him hard.

But Sehun caught onto the leg of the couch and punched the hunter's eye with his other foot.

 

Soon Sehun was back on his feet running to the front door. He was so close that he was so sure he'd grab the door knob and run out in no time at all when he got thrown on the floor as the hunter pulled him back inside.

He stayed fallen for a second catching his breadth. And the hunter grabbed him by his collar and pinned him to the wall.

Sehun watched while the pain of his back crashing against the wall took over his nerves.

 

"WHAT?" Sehun shouted back seeing those eyes stare back at him.

And a sudden slight sound of a metal being drawn out caught Sehun's attention. The hunter pulled out a knife from the back of his hand and pointed it at Sehun.

But Sehun wasn't fearing for his life or planning to plead. The small knife had basically caught all his attention.

 

"Where did you get that from?" He asked from the hunter who held it against Sehun's throat once Sehun moved a bit to talk.

"WHERE?!" Sehun shouted.

 

His mind had already mapped out where he had seen it before and he was dreading the actual answer. He's seen this knife before dozens of times. So many times that he was way too familiar with it. But it didn't belong to him.

 

Sehun's eyes ran from the small knife to the hunter's eyes while the hunter stayed silent at his question. The eyes stared back at him in confusion. The expression, the smallest movement seen through those eyes were very familiar.

And Sehun's mind guessed as to what maybe happening, and his heart started to hurt as everything began to get clear.

No way... No it can't...

 

 

The front door blast open and Seulgi appeared behind it. Sehun saw her shout out his name and in a flash the hunter disappeared.

Sehun was furious. He got to Seulgi and basically threatened her not to tell anyone and ran out after the hunter.

 

He ran down the stairs and onto the road.

He looked both ways and there was no one at all. It was all empty and the street light just flickered in complete silence.

His eyes were already b. He may have pieced together a part of the puzzle but it was too hurtful to be solved that he rather preferred it to be left unsolved. 

He stood on the road looking at his feet not knowing what to do. And without him knowing he was running; running all the way to Xiumin's place.

 

***

 

Byun Baekhyun was too concerned for the lighting equipment for by the time the actual first occasion the day after came up, he was engrossed in how to perfectly transport everything from one place to another.

 

His new team, comprising of three males and five females, whom Baekhyun had already ruled out as extremely professionally loud and annoying at their work for they didn't let him rest even for a bit, sat down in a small circle to go through the program.

It was early morning, the sun was barely out, and Baekhyun was dozing off at the corner while the head lady rushed through her notes.

"...So I need you three to take care of the press and remember do not let the fangirls sneak in with them or you will be responsible if someone manages to climb on stage and kiss the actors. Make sure you tell the security to double check the IDs. You two make sure to be with the cast at all times. Give them water, give them gum to chew, wipe off their sweat and basically carry them on your shoulders if you have to. And you...Hey! Wake up!..."

The lady snapped her fingers and Baekhyun startled his way out of sleep.

"...You take care of leading them to the refreshments area. Make sure to keep fanning them, the air conditioners are horrible..."

 

Baekhyun nodded still a bit sleepily. His new team was bothersome. They never listened to his stupid jokes and when they did they wouldn't even crack a smile. Only just one guy responds to him and that too he just gives a fake smile.

 

Baekhyun got ordered around a lot for he was the newbie in the group. So, he was basically walking around all day. And by the time the evening kicked in, he began to see a quickly growing crowd forming outside the venue.

"Daebak! The fans are already gathering outside," Baekhyun heard a worker say while rechecking the systems.

 

Baekhyun gulped. His plan was to pretty much grab Kris and run away but with a crowd like this he couldn't even think of getting close to Kris much rather actually grab him.

 

Soon, the sky turned dark and the city lights were up coloring the place. The press was put into their place, the fans cheering loudly and Baekhyun was standing where he was supposed to stand.

 

What will I do if Kris hyung sees me and recognizes me?...Oh right! He's poisoned. He won't know me...

 

Baekhyun thought to himself while hearing the fans' roaring cheers engulf the place and cameras start flashing all together.

 

A tall man dressed in a black suit and his hair all brushed up into a fancy standing curl along with a female dressed in a deep red dress soon became visible around the corner. Baekhyun watched as both of them came to the white background with the sponsors names' written in big letters, and stand in front of it waving their hands.

 

Baekhyun found it amazing that the two actors haven't gone blind yet after seeing the flashes go up nonstop.

Soon a short man stood next to Kris having a microphone closer to him. He asked Kris a question and passed on the mic.

 

"Kris Wu! I love you!"

A fan shouted out loud making Kris smile and say wittily,

"I know. I cannot stop loving myself either. Haha..."

 

He's still the same old ... <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter