Mong

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo

I love all my friends. Once I know someone well, I will treat them like they are my brothers and sisters, but even more for my fellow running man members. They are indeed my brothers and we care very deeply for each other. That’s why my romance never lasted more than two years. All my ex are jealous of the relationship with my guy friends.

Jong Kook oppa is one of the closer running man to me. He always protects me when we are on screen. When we are off screen, he will treat me like a princess. I have to admit I get jealous when other ladies get team up with Jong Kook on screen but during breaks, Jong Kook oppa will always stick around me.

During recording, I like to stand beside Jong Kook oppa. He is like a mountain that will shield me from harm, I feel safe standing beside him. Sometimes, we will give each other encouragement during games. We will help each other out whenever needed, like the time he fell into Han River. I was very anxious of his safety as I know sometimes his arm will get numb. I tried to massage his arm to make him feels better.

Jong Kook oppa would make sure I have extra towels when we play wet games. He will make sure I am properly hydrated during the entire recording. During the times, there is no recording, I will meet up with Jong Kook oppa so he could give me some pointers on exercising and we would spend 2-3 hours in the gym. But I will always punished oppa from working me too hard by making him eats what I ate. We would then spend the rest of the day in one of our apartments, discussing anything under the sun. He, is the only one I let into my apartment.

During the days we don’t get to meet, we will exchange text messages. If I am not in a good mood, he will always sing me a song, that makes me feel good. I know I don’t like people singing me songs, but Jong Kook oppa voice is so soothing and powerful, listening to him make me feel good.

One day during a lunch time meeting with Jae Suk oppa, he causally ask me “How you and Jong Kook coming along?”

“Oppa, why?” I ask curiously.

“Well, the cast are complaining you two are getting too lovey dovey, and their jobs are getting harder and harder. They are asking me to keep both of you under tab” Jae Suk replies.

“what lovey dovey, we are just acting like brother and sister.” I reply feeling offended.

“Is it? Well Ji Hyo, look into your heart again. If now Jong Kook announce he is going to get marry, how will you feel?” Jae Suk tries to hint that I have more feeling for Jong Kook than I know.

Jong Kook oppa marries? My heart and head suddenly froze. NO! Jong Kook oppa is mine! I am shocked with the realisation and my face turns red.

“It is shocking isn’t it, finding out you are in love with someone.” Jae Suk oppa says dryly.

“Op…p…aa” I shutter.

“Well, Jong Kook should have feeling for you too.” Jae Suk notes. “But, I really don’t know when he will confess”

I feel my face heating up again.

We have a recording the next day, I see Jong Kook oppa talking to Haha oppa, I greet the rest of the cast and walk towards them. I greet both of them, my heart was jumping all around, and I couldn’t bring my eyes to look at Jong Kook. Suddenly, Jong Kook oppa excuse himself to go gents and I look up feeling dejected. For the rest of recording, Jong Kook oppa seems to be avoiding me. I feel my world is falling apart.

After the recording, I receive a message from Jong Kook oppa. He asks “Ji Hyo, could we meet up for a dinner?” I am overjoyed but I want to keep the tone light, “If you are treating, then yes”. Jong Kook oppa replies with the restaurant details. It is one of the restaurant that we often go for our dinner.

I notice Jong Kook oppa looking uneasy the whole meal. He is fidgeting, which is very unusual of him.

“What is wrong with you oppa?” I finally ask.

 “I ee … I … “, He stutters.

 .”Oppa, did you have something to ask me?”

 “yes ..i ..”, He blushes and turns red..

 “Oppa, do you want to ask me question about a girl” I ask delicately.

He nnods his head shyly.

 My face turns white, but yet I still continue, “Shoot away”.

  “I..ee..wanted to..ee.ask ..”

 “Ask her to be your girlfriend” I help him complete the sentence.

He nods his head again.

My heart stops beating. I take a deep breath and ask “You want me to help you ask?”

He immediately stands up, shaking his hands, “no no .. how could you ask, it would be real funny. I .. I want to..”

 My heart breaks immediately. I cannot bear to carry on with the conversation, I want to get out of here before my tears drop. I can already feel them sliding down from the corner of my eyes. “ Sorry oppa, I forgot I had an appointment" and I turn to leave.

I finally found my car, and I grab the steering wheeling crying miserably, how he could find someone he likes when I just discover I love him. This should only appear on TV and in movies, and not to me. Life is so unfair. My hearts hurts so much.

I hear my door opened and he hugs me, that make me feel worse knowing he was in love with another.

“Why are you crying” he asks.

 My brain goes blank so I just blur out whatever on my mind, “Its .. its because of you oppa. How could you hurt me like this!"

  “I did?? when??" he asks again.

 “When …sob … when you fell in love with some  other girl. .. sob sob…. Why why why didn’t you know I was here waiting for you.. sob” I cry with all my heart.

  “You mean you are waiting for me to fall in love with you?” he aasks softly.

 Suddenly my head clears. How could I confess to him?! I turn my head away and say “No.. I am just stressed out recently. Oppa forget what I just said.”

  “Ok, I will forget what you just said.” I breathe in deeply, this hurts too much. “I wanted to confess my love for you over dinner and you will not be the first one to confess our love.”

 What! Wait what does oppa say, he wants to confess his love for me? I turned my head to look at him in surprise.

He drops to his knees, and says  “Ji Hyo, I am not the most perfect man, and even a lesser perfect boyfriend, but I love you with all my heart. I never know what is love until you walked into my heart. Please be my first love”’

 I am escalated! Jong Kook oppa is in love with me. I gives him a hug with all my might and whispers yes into his ears. He hugs me back.

 All the running man and friends comment that I am different now. Especially my guys friends. My first priority is now Jong Kook oppa. Now I also know why my past relationship fails, I didn’t love them, they are just one of my guy friends .

I love you, Kim Jong Kook.