The Guy Who Got Dumped

Idols, Romance, Cliches (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T W O

The Guy Who Got Dumped

 

 

Okay, so maybe it’s not so bad to ride with a stranger after all. And maybe Hyomin doesn’t have to call the police to commence a search-and-rescue operation for me anymore.

 

The handsome guy is actually quite nice. I’m gonna call him Handsome Guy for now ‘cause I kinda forgot what those girls called him earlier. I remember that it was a letter though. N? M? P? X? I dunno. I tend to forget things whenever I’m tensed. Anyway, Handsome Guy is better. It fits him so well.

 

He doesn’t talk much. He gives off a chic and cool vibe. But he’s really nice. He even offered me water earlier. Or maybe he offered it to me after he caught me staring at him as he gulped down a bottle of water. But I was actually staring because he looked so hot as he drank the water which made his adam’s apple move up and down. I looked so thirsty that when he offered me the bottle, I kinda took it without hesitation and drank to my heart’s content. Wow, I’m so shameless. I wasn’t even thinking of the fact that he drank from the same bottle and we are basically doing some indirect kissing right now and—

 

 

“Ack!” I started coughing violently and almost sprayed water all over the van when I realized that I’m having an indirect kiss with Handsome Guy.

 

“Are you okay?” Handsome Guy was bewildered as he placed his hand on my back and gave it a soft pat. “You should’ve drank slowly.”

 

“I’m…*cough*…okay,” I said as I wiped the water which dripped out of my mouth. God, I’m such an embarrassing person. Why am I doing embarrassing stuff in front of a very handsome guy? “T-Thank you. And I’m…sorry. I’m probably making you feel…uncomfortable right now…”

 

I looked up at Handsome Guy and caught him staring at me with an amused look. For a while, we were kinda just staring at each other. Normally I wouldn’t be able to look into a man’s eyes for a long time but his eyes have some kind of magic in them ‘cause I just found myself captivated. I just can’t stop staring at him!

 

After a while (how long have we been staring at each other??), he suddenly smiled which made his cute dimples visible. Ugh, I feel the sudden urge to poke his dimples.

 

“You’re not making me feel uncomfortable.”

 

“I-I-I-Is that so?” . I’m stuttering. He’s making me stutter. He’s making me feel things even though I just met him. Heck, I don’t even know what kind of feeling I’m feeling ‘cause I’ve never really liked someone in my 22 years of existence. I’m not even kidding. “That’s…good to hear.”

 

He smiled again (DAAAAAMN) as he eased back on his seat. And then he didn’t say anything anymore. I wish he did, though, ‘cause this quiet atmosphere is kinda making me tense.

 

 

“Hey, miss.” I almost jumped out of my seat when the driver spoke out of the blue. I almost forgot he was there. But thank God, someone finally broke the silence. “I forgot to ask you this earlier but…where exactly are you heading to?”

 

And with that question, my whole face turned pale and blank. I didn’t even think about it! I just rode the van without thinking! I quickly took my phone out and searched for the message that Hyomin sent me earlier. “I…I’m supposed to go to Hongdae. I have to go to my cousin’s clothing store,”

 

“Really?” I looked at the driver’s reflection on the mirror and he had a worried expression on his face. “We’re heading to the opposite direction. And we can’t go back because I need to bring that guy to his next schedule immediately. Wow. I’m really sorry that I didn’t ask earlier.”

 

By that guy, I think he’s referring to Handsome Guy. Now I’m really curious about his identity. “Umm…it’s okay. You can just drop me off at a place with many taxis but with less people who won’t attempt to kill me over a taxi ride.”

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Handsome Guy grinning. He probably recalls the intense situation I was in earlier for the sake of a taxi.

 

“Okay, but will you be alright?” the driver asked, to which I nodded. After a few seconds, he stopped at a corner and turned his head to face me. “Will this place be okay?”

 

“Yep. It’s totally fine,” I replied. I opened the door and got my bags down with the help of Handsome Guy. “Thanks,” I said with a shy smile. I can’t even look at him straight ‘cause I might stare at him for too long again. “And thanks for the ride. And for the water. And for helping me when I choked. And for showing me your camera.”

 

He gave me an amused look again before he smiled. Why does he look so entertained and amused by me? Do I look pretty? But I didn’t give attention to my appearance and I probably look like right now ‘cause of my messy hair and sweaty face. Or perhaps, does he find my messed-up appearance funny?

 

“No problem.”

 

Wow. He’s a man of few words. Really few words. I wish he’d talk more. But who am I kidding? I’ll probably never see him again. Just the thought of it makes me want to sulk for some reason. “Uh, hey, I never got…your name.” Wow, I can’t believe I just said that. That makes it seem like I’m really interested in him. Well, it is true but I shouldn’t have made it so obvious!

 

“Oh, it’s…never mind,” he said with a smile that showed his perfect teeth. Somebody should offer this guy a toothpaste commercial! “But I’ll let you know once we see each other again.”

 

“Oh…o…kay…”

 

“See you, then.” He gave me one last smile before he closed the door. I stared blankly at the van as it drove away and clutched my chest which was pounding heavily.

 

 

“…once we see each other again.”

 

 

Those words echoed through my mind as I watched the van drive away.

 

His gaze. His smile. His weird voice which is like music to my ears. I can’t believe I’m feeling this way towards a stranger. But…his parting words definitely indicated that we’ll be seeing each other again soon.

 

I can’t believe how happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter