The Handsome Guy

Idols, Romance, Cliches (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

O N E

The Handsome Guy

 

 

"Okay, first of all, I don't know the place that you're talking about 'cause it's my first time here in ten years. Second, you promised you would fetch me at the airport!" I was literally screaming on my phone as I talked to my cousin, Park Hyomin, who is probably sitting leisurely at her office while doing her nails. I can't believe she's doing this to me. "If I knew it would be like this, I would have called aunt earlier!"

 

"Relax, Park Jiyeon," Hyomin said in a calm tone. And if only I could choke her through the phone, I would have done so already. "Mom's quite busy right now. And I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. I was really planning to go because I promised, but something really important came up and—"

 

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "You're making excuses again! You're probably sitting in your chair with your feet on the table as you paint your fingernails! Or you're probably drinking some expensive espresso!"

 

"I'm not! This is really important. And if I wasn't busy, do you really think I would just let you go around the city by yourself and let you get lost?"

 

"Yes! You're doing it right now!" I exclaimed as I massaged my temples. "And you know very well that I might get lost, so even if you're busy, you would still fetch me here at the airport. That's what cousins do!"

 

"But this matter is really important! If I don't fix it now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

 

 

I could feel the seriousness in her voice. She's really telling the truth. And it's not like my cousin is a spoiled and rude who treats me like crap just because she's far richer than me and her mother's the one who's been paying for my tuition for the past ten years. Okay, maybe she is spoiled, but definitely not rude.

 

In fact, we're really close. We grew up together and we treat each other like sisters especially since she's the only child. As for me, I've been living with her family after my parents both got into an accident and died. I was just five back then. Typical family history for a k-drama heroine, right? Well, my life isn’t really a k-drama (yet) but the tragedy that happened to my parents really saddens me up to this day even though I don’t remember much of it.

 

 

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll just take a taxi and go to your office. Just text me the address."

 

"Thanks a lot! And don't worry. If you don't get here within two hours, I'll call the police and ask for a search-and-rescue operation right away!"

 

I gave out a chuckle. "Psh, silly. There's no need for that. I'll see you later!"

 

"Okay, bye!"

 

 

I placed my phone back in my sling bag and reached for the handle of my trolley. "I can do this," I said to myself as I walked towards the airport's exit.

 

Upon getting outside, I turned my head here and there, observing the surroundings while taking some time to inhale the air of South Korea. It seems a lot of things have changed here after ten years.

 

I immediately looked around for a taxi, but everytime I tried to flag one, a person would just randomly pop out and hop inside. Come to think about it, there are lots of people in the airport today, so getting a taxi would be like getting involved in a competition.

 

Well, I'm in. Let the battle for a taxi begin!

 

 

"Um, here! Here! Hey!" I shouted out as I waved my hands in the air desperately. But , a young woman suddenly came rushing and even pushed another woman aside as she got inside the taxi. Wow. This battle is intense. I can even see people arguing and some people who look like they're about to kill each other.

 

"O...kay. I'll just go to that side where it's less crowded. Maybe I'll get lucky there," I squeezed my body through the crowd and went to the other side of the airport. I was right about it being less crowded, but unfortunately, I didn't see any taxis passing by the area. Great.

 

"So I have to wait. I have to wait until these wild people calm their asses down so I could finally get a taxi without resorting to violence. I have to wait under the scorching heat of the sun. I'd die of heatstroke before I could get a taxi!"

 

The teenager beside me who was quietly watching something on her phone turned to give me an incredulous look. I gave her an apologetic gaze, and she soon fixed her eyes back on her phone.

 

"All this stress is making me mumble things to myself. I'm sweating all over. This is not good. I need water. I need food. I need airconditioning."

 

Just when I thought I was gonna go nuts due to the unbelievable situation, I suddenly spotted a taxi making its way towards our area. It's a miracle! Hallelujah!

 

I was so happy that I almost hugged the teenager next to me. Good thing I remembered that I probably don't smell good at the moment and I'm drowned in sweat.

 

"Hereee!" I waved my hands in the air with a grin on my face. I can finally escape this heat! I can—

 

 

"MOM! THERE'S A TAXI!!!!"

 

 

The loud and eerie shrieking voice of the teenager resonated in my ears and made me dizzy. A huge woman suddenly came running towards the taxi (damn, this teen's got back-up!) and opened the door like her life depended on it.

 

 

"W-Wait! Wait, that's mine!" I picked up my bags and ran towards the taxi. I noticed the teenager running beside me. "Oh no, you don't! You know I saw that first, woman! And I'm older than you! Have some respect!"

 

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter