Déjà-Vu

La Petite Mort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February, 24, 2015 (54 days before death).

 

Luhan is sitting in the library alone. There's a hot coffee in his hands, but they're still shaking. Minseok is never late, so he made sure to arrive early. He's trying his best to stay composed, but he can't stop thinking about the conversation he had with Sehun the night before.

 

“Luhan...he killed me.”

“That's..impossible. No, Sehun, you're mistaken. Minseok? No. He wou-”

“Luhan. We know. I know. Ghosts...we don't get it wrong. We may forget everything about our lives, but we know how we died. I can't remember my last name, but I know Minseok is the person who killed me. He's a lot older than you think he is.”

“I can't...I'm sorry I just can't process this. What do I do?”

“You stay away from him. That's the only thing you'll do. I'll...I'll figure something out somehow.”

“As a ghost? He's going to notice if I suddenly don't want to be around him anymore. He saw you, Sehun. He knows I know you. If he's planning something, changing how I behave will just make him act faster.”

“Please, Luhan. Just stay out of it.”

“No. I'm going to help. What if he killed Joonmyeon and that other boy?”

“Since when do you care about Joonmyeon? You can't even remember Yixing's name.”

“No one deserves to die, Sehun. Not without some type of justice.”

“Well, you can play vigilante some other time. You're not getting involved with Minseok. He's smart. I know he's planning something already.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Luhan, do you think I'm some chick that falls when the psycho killer chases me? He always has a plan. It's his MO. You never know when he's coming.”

“Sehun...why did he kill you?”

“He likes...couples. That's his thing. Taking love out two by two.”

“Couples? Oh...”

“It was a long time ago, Luhan.”

“Who was it? Are they dead too?”

“I hope not. His name was Jongin. Minseok was our friend. We always thought he was a little off, but we didn't think much of it. When Minseok came after me, he thought Jongin and I were still together. However, we were on a break. Jongin had started seeing this guy named Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was older than Jongin, so they got out of dodge as soon as possible. I was the only one left. Minseok gave me something in my drink. Now that I think about it, it's was probably cyanide. The drink was sugary sweet. Sweeter than usual.”

“Coffee?”

“No. I hated coffee. Bubble tea.”

“He...he made me coffee before Valentine's Day.”

“Please tell me you didn't drink it.”

“I didn't.”

“Oh, thank Go-”

“But I drank the one he made me the day after. All of it. 100% Arabic roast. Sugary sweet.”

“No...no, no, no. .”

“Well...Well, maybe he didn't put anything in it. Maybe it wasn't that sweet. I don't know. ...Sehun, am I going to die?”

“No. No, of course not. You're fine. You'd be dead by now if he gave you as much as he gave me.”

“I...I'm so scared.”

“Do you see why you have to stay away from him?”

“Yes.”

 

 

 

He'd told Sehun that he saw why he had to stay away from Minseok, not that he would.

He's mulling over what to do when he sees Minseok, but he figures his best bet is to act normal. For once, staring off into the distance and not paying attention is hard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter