Chapter 4.

Typical Office Issues
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark really wants to escape this world at the moment as Yugyeom sits awkwardly in front of his large mahogany desk. He's looking down at his hands in his lap as Mark looks directly at him, remembering back to the almost violent conversation with Jaebum.

--------

-few weeks ago-

Mark tapped his food in impatience as he swears the elevator is going slower than usually. He finally gets to the floor that Jaebum's office is on and looks at Jinyoung who simply nods and says softly, "You're in big trouble Tuan." Mark rolled his eyes as he was about to enter Jaebum's office, "I know, don't shove it in my face Mr. Park." Jinyoung just narrows his eyes at Mark before phoning in to Jaebum about Mark being here to see him.

As Jinyoung gestured for Mark to go in, the older cleared his throat slightly and entered the office to meet his boss, barely friends again, and almost ex-brother in law to see what's going on and how was he called in so desperately.

"Mark ing Tuan, give me an explanation of this?" Jaebum asked rather calmly with a thin sheet of anger in his tone as a ball of paper is thrown at him. Mark sighs before picking the piece of paper up and made the rest of the way to a chair in front of Jaebum's desk. He widened his eyes to see it was the rooftop incident with Yugyeom and him, Mark being the one pressing the younger against the wall, their faces close. "H-How in the world did you get this Jaebum?"

Jaebum loosened his tie slightly, "Someone mysterious sent them to my office through Jinyoung. He was on his lunch break and saw an envelope on his desk and gave it to me. It contains numerous photos of you and my younger brother with a threatening note that says and I quote 'Will be ruining Director's Tuan and the company's reputation unless a payment is done' So I have to get my boyfriend to go into danger to a stupid address and give them $10 million won for them to not ruin me, you or this goddamn company."

Mark just stared at Jaebum right back with an equally harsh glare, "I apologize for the mishap, but at least you're getting it fixed. Get guards to go with Jinyoung and you're okay." Jaebum clenched his hand into a fist and Mark watched the action and gave a slight chuckle.

"So this is funny to you huh? Messing with my kid brother and messing with him again along with endangering the company? I would fire you if Jinyoung didn't like you so much and if you weren't so good at your job." Mark scoffed at Jaebum's words and stood up, "So you are calling my past relationship with Yugyeom one where we just messed around with each other? I loved your brother and cherished him so much until that grave mistake we both committed. I love him now to get him back. Whether you like it or not Jaebum, I'm going to court your brother again."

Jaebum stood up as well, hands resting on his desk before he walked around the desk to stand in front of Mark. Hell, Mark didn't give a about height as Jaebum was a few centimeters taller, they continued to stare at each other and if looks could kill, they would both have died by now.

"My kid brother is suffering because of you right now and you want him back? Do you know what he has to deal with at 20 that you would never had too? I would tell you but it's not in my place to unless you hear it from him Tuan." Mark gaze faltered slightly at Jaebum, "He's suffering what?"

Jaebum grabbed the collar of Mark's shirt and continued in the same cold tone mixed of calm and anger, "It's your fault he's like this and I was lucky enough he even agreed to start working for the company since he didn't want to go to college anymore because of you!"

Mark grabbed Jaebum's wrist and was about to say something until They heard a knock and Jinyoung entered. Jaebum released his grip on Mark and straightened his shirt while Mark did the same as well. Trying to eliminate evidence of wrinkles. "I was going to say that Mr. Im has a meeting in a couple of minutes and I apologize for interrupting your conversation." He bowed while Jaebum nodded and looked back at Mark with an irritated glance, "Don't bother Yugyeom anymore and we'll continue this later Mr. Tuan."

With that, Jaebum and Jinyoung left, while Jinyoung gave a slight glance of sympathy to Mark before following Jaebum again. Mark wonders if Jinyoung knew then. He really was in a lot of trouble.

---------

-present-
Please log in to read the full chapter