Lesson 2: The Transfer Student

The Ultimate Class

"Ice cream waffles, anyone?" Wayne points towards an ice cream store across the street, giving Dawn a wink. Dawn received the signal and nodded, before turning to see Wes shaking his head vigorously. Wayne and Dawn smile as they dragged Wes across the street, each pulling on one of his arms. "How can anyone resist the temptation of the holy ice cream waffle?" Dawn and Wayne laughed as they forced Wes to sit.

Wayne ordered a few scoops of different flavored ice cream waffles and one cotton candy flavored ice cream. "Specially for Wes. This one's on me." Wayne winked at Wes who rolled his eyes and went back to looking in despair. "I still have no idea why we are friends." Wes sighs as he watches his plate of ice cream being placed in front of him. His hands shook as they try to scoop a small portion and put it into his mouth.

"Very... Sweet." Wes frowned. Wayne and Dawn laughs as they watch Wes fight internally to finish up his ice cream. "Is it not sweet enough?" Dawn batters her eyelashes innocently. Wes stares at her as he aggressively take another bite of ice cream. Wayne and Dawn laughs again at Wes' misery but stops immediately as their faces turn serious.

"A Corrupted." Dawn notes.

"And an Element user." Wayne continues.

"Such high ultimate points. This Element user is strong." Wes frowns. "Let's go check it out." Wayne and Dawn nod and follow behind Wes. They found their way to a back street not too far away and saw two men fighting against each other. Without a word, Wes rushed forward to help the Element user but was refused.

"This is my fight. Do not interrupt." The Element user warns. "This Corrupted isn't any threat to me anyway. There is no need for your help. I'll take care of him myself."

"How arrogant." Dawn spits. "We'll see how well you fight then. Don't embarrass yourself too much."

The Element user ignores her and threw some ice needles towards the Corrupted who manages to dodge some but is still hurt. "We'll see who's the embarrassed one at the end." The Element user smiles and continues, "Enough time wasted, I shall end this fight."

He raises his hand halfway in the air, creating numerous ice blades. The blades shot towards the direction his finger was pointing at - the Corrupted's heart. A blinding light explodes as the Corrupted let out a painful scream and falls onto the ground, motionless. The Element user turns to look at Dawn, a smirk flash across his face. Dawn stares back at him before he walks away snobbishly.

"You're U.R. (Ultimate Rank) 3." In no time, Wes stands before the Element user and refuses to let him leave.

The Element user shurgs. "You are smarter than your snappish friend."

"What did you just say?!" Wayne was quick enough to stop Dawn from charging towards the Element user. "You are just as conceited!"

"So you're agreeing with me that you're cranky?" Element user says cheekily.

"You!" Dawn's eyes were on fire as she struggles to free herself from Wayne so as to thrash the Element user.

"I want to challenge you to a fight. If I win, I'll take your position as U.R. 3 but if you win, we'll let you go." Wes was determined.

The Element user chuckles and questions, "Let me go? Do you really think I can't escape from the three of you?"

Before Wes could answer, the Element user swiftly makes his way out of the trio's barricade. "He is the most annoying person I have ever seen!" Dawn lashed out as Wayne tries to bring her back home. "Did you see his cocky face just now?! He was totally sneering at me!" Wayne tries all he could to calm Dawn down but notices Wes was in deep thought throughout the walk home.

The next day in class, the form teacher of the Ultimate Class walks in, with an unfamiliar face following behind her. "We have a new student transferring to our class today. This is Simon. Please be nice to him."

"Snob?!" Dawn's eyes enlarged in disbelief.

"Hi, Dumb." It was the Element user she encountered the day before.

"You can take that seat." The teacher announces and points to the seat to the back of the class, right next to Dawn's. 

"No way!" Dawn retaliates.

"Can't help." Simon shrugs and takes the seat.

Dawn crosses her arm and sits grumpily in her seat. Simon was staring at her the whole time during the lesson until she could not take it anymore and turned to stare back at him. "What do you want?" She snaps.

"Snappy as before." Simon says amusedly.

Dawn squints her eyes in anger and turns away. She could feel Simon's stare on her as the lesson continues. When the lesson finally ended, Simon shifts his seat to face Dawn completely. "From my observation, you seem to be the leader of this class." Simon spoke. "I want to challenge you for the position of the leader of the Ultimate Class."

The whole class stands up in defense and stares at Simon. "We will not allow that to happen." Matthew, the only one still seated, answers.

"It is up to her to decide, not you." Simon retaliates.

Within seconds, Matthew stands next to Simon, raising his hand mid-air, creating a ball of water. "Matthew." Dawn's word made Matthew go off attack mode and backs down. "What if I don't accept your challenge?"

"Then that shows that you're a coward." Simon says.

"How are you so sure that the class will listen to you even if you won the match?" Dawn's words dampened Simon's confidence a little. But this did not make him back down.

"They would have no choice but to listen to me if I'm the leader."

"Conceited as before." Dawn smirks.

"So are you gonna take up my challenge?" Simon says impatiently.

"I accept your challenge." Dawn smiles confidently.

The class was surprised. "King! You don't have to waste your time on this quack!" Alice says.

"Yeah! King, you shouldn't waste your energy on him!" Ian continues.

Dawn raises her hand to signal them to stop and smiles. "Do you guys think I'll lose to this snob here?"

The class finally relax and smile. "That's right! King is the strongest. She will not lose to him!" Riley says in delight.

"Don't get too carried away. You just haven't come across an Element user as strong as me." Simon sneers.

"The challenge is set then." Dawn smirked. "We'll see who is the one laughing at the end."