Lesson 1: The Ultimate Class

The Ultimate Class

"Boss, it's-" A low voice halted at the raised hand, the owner of the hand holds a newborn baby in his other arm. Without a word, he hands the baby over to his subordinate. "But, boss... Do we really have to do this? We have no reason to believe those myths. We can't just end her life because of a few words that people we don't even know are saying!"

"I've made my decision. They are my children. Their lives belong to me and I will be the one to decide their destiny. One of them must go." Said boss answered, his voice stern and determined. "Make sure Celeste stays in that room." He instructs and then looks at the baby. "Child, remember you are chosen this destiny to fulfill a better future. You shall be given the name Dusk as you end your life here on Earth when the sun sets and be reborn as a star in the night sky. May you guide your sister back home if she ever gets lost in the darkness..."

"Give me back my child! You can't kill her like that! Bring her back to me right now!" It was a screech coming from inside the room. A frail lady lays on the bed in the hospital, tears flowing out of her eyes. "Please... Don't do this to me... I beg you..."

The frail lady begged and begged but to no avail. No matter how much energy she tried to gather to lift herself off the bed, she just kept falling back. Eventually, she watched painfully as her child was brought away. The other child, however, was brought to her as she watches her sleep in her embrace. "I'm sorry, my child. I'm so sorry."


"Big news! Big news!" A rather wide-sized and old-looking boy comes running into the class, beats of perspiration dripping down his cheeks. His face was flushed and he was panting like a dog. He murmurs a few words in between a few pants and drops onto his seat.

"Hey, Zipper! Slow it down. What was it that you wanted to say?" Win was patient as usual, putting his book down.

"It'd better be something worth listening because you just interrupted my self-admiration" Ever the princess, Leila continues admiring her reflection on her specially-made fancy mirror. "Or else I'll personally zip your mouth up."

The boy jumped in fear but manages to say, "The kids from Sunny Yellow High School is here to challenge us again! And my name is Jiper, not Zipper!"

"They are just a bunch of weaklings. I can handle them myself!" Riley stands up and starts flexing his well-trained muscles before turning to look behind. "What do you say, King?"

Behind him, sits a girl dressed in spikes and leather. She puts down her fork and looks up. "Let Evan have a chance this time, Riley. I would love to see their reaction from his prank." She smiled and continues poking at her plate of fruits. Riley nods and sits back down with his shoulders drooped. King noticed this and said, "Alright, you can follow behind just in case." Riley's face brightened as he swiftly followed Evan out.

"You call yourselves the Ultimate Class but no one dares to come out to fight? I say you guys are just a bunch of cowards hiding behind King!" One of the Sunny High students shouts as he stands in front of eight other students, outside the school's entrance. "Come out and fight us if you dare!"

"I'm already here." Evan sneaks from behind and gave the student a scare. "It's you again. Why are you so persistent?"

"When were you here?!" The student backs away quickly and goes into defence mode. "So this time it's you? Riley must have escaped because he was too scared!"

"Was it just me or did someone actually miss me?" Riley stops in front of the nine Sunny High students. "I have better things to do. My friend here shall entertain you today."

"Enough talking and start fighting! I can't wait to finish off the both of you!"

"If I were you, I wouldn't move around so much." Evan says as he points towards his opponent's legs. A long snake wraps iself around the student's leg, slowly going up his body. The student froze and stared in fright. He tried to get help from his school mates but they were trapped in the same situation too.

"Don't worry, they aren't poisonous. But their bites can be excruciating." Evan smiled. "There is one way to free yourselves though."

"Wh-what is it?" The students so frightened that they stuttered but could not move as they were afraid of being bitten.

"That is to..." A grin spreads across both Evan's and Riley's faces.


"So... How was it? Did you guys manage to chase them out?" Alice rushes towards Evan and Riley as they walked into the class. Evan and Riley turned to look at each other before Riley opens his mouth, "Go to the school entrance and see for yourself."

"I can guarantee you that you won't regret it." Evan holds back his laughter as he recalled.

Everyone in class rushed out in curosity and stops to see the nine Sunny High students on four legs, barking like dogs. King made her way to the front and frowns. "Your duty was to chase them out, not humiliate them, Evan. Your prank has gone too far this time." She walks towards the students and quietens them. "That's enough. As the leader of the Ultimate Class, I apologise on behalf of Evan for his unreasonable request."

All the students of the Ultimate Class turned to look at King in surprise. "King..." Evan, especially, did not expect this. King signals for him to stay and continues, "But that doesn't mean I accept your continuous disturbence to our school. Go back and tell your leader that if he wants to challenge me, he can come find me personally. Don't go out of the way to send a few minions to interrupt our lessons. I will not show mercy the next time you come again."

Just as King finishes her sentence, the Sunny High students quickly fled. "Now that they are gone, I have an explanation to hear from you, Evan." King turned to walk back to the class as the others followed quietly behind.