Chapter 17

You Are, To Me

"Wait, so what's this kiss we heard you talking about with KiHyun in there?" HoSeok asks me, all of us sitting down either on the couch or the floor. KiHyun locked himself in the room, and I don't know if he knows everyone heard. But everyone purposely made ChangKyun sit beside me, and I felt as awkward as ever.

"He was giving me something and he tripped on me." I said, which was true. But, that's not how he kissed me. I looked at everyone's faces to see if they can tell I was telling the truth, since I was.

"She's telling the truth." ChangKyun says. "I was giving her the lyrics to 'Broken Heart' and then I tripped on the leg of the keyboard and accidentally fell on top of her."

We were both telling the truth, leaving out the part that he did it out of his own will after the fall. Everyone nodded their head, but JooHeon kept staring at us intently.

"Hyung!" he shouts. None of us knew what he was doing, but he got up and went into the room. "Hyung, can I ask you something real quick?"

After a silent minute, KiHyun opened the door and looked at JooHeon. JooHeon turns his body and faces me, and then points at me.

"Is she the reason you two fought?" he asks. All of our eyes widened, even KiHyun's. "I mean, I kind of figured she was after I found out she was a girl. I figured ChangKyun was threatening you the whole time about her knowing or something? But, is the reason you two fought because of her, because you both like her?"

My mouth dropped. I couldn't see anyone else's reaction, and I had a feeling ChangKyun's face was as shocked as mine was. I watched KiHyun, afraid of the answer. I didn't know what I was afraid of really. I wasn't afraid that he liked me, or that ChangKyun does. Was I really the reason those two didn't get along that well all those times? Was I the one who was always going in between the two without even knowing? KiHyun's face went back to normal, and he let out a huge breath.

"Yes." he answered. I couldn't understand the feeling I was feeling inside. I just couldn't believe it.

"Yah!" ChangKyun shouts, standing from the couch. "What do you mean I like her too?!"

"You told me just now in the kitchen that you kissed her!" KiHyun shouts back. They're arguing started up again. "You told me after you tripped on her, you couldn't help but do it because you liked her too!"

ChangKyun quickly walked over to him and I had no idea what he was going to do, but JooHeon grabbed ChangKyun before he could do anything if he was going to.

"That's the real reason why you had her moved to your room isn't it? Not because you were uncomfortable with me and her in a room, because I'm a guy and she's not. It was because you were jealous she was with me and not you, and I liked her too!" KiHyun continued shouting. I didn't know what to say or do, and I can tell the others didn't know either. I felt like crying listening to them, I didn't even feel happy that they both liked me, which is a dream of almost every fan.

"Stop!" I shouted, a tear falling from my eye. As flattered as I should feel, I feel very upset and guilty. I feel someone put his hand on my shoulder, and I looked and see MinHyuk looking at me with confused and worried eyes. "Hyung...you were right." I say to JooHeon. He tilts his head in confusion.

"You were right that time when you told them, 'If they were fighting about a girl, she isn't worth it if she was breaking the group up like that'. You were right." I said, and both ChangKyun and KiHyun calmed down, looking towards me now, their faces shocked. I shook my head at everything and forced a smile, and a fake chuckle came out while more tears came down.

"Look, I'm flattered. But, I really am not worth it if you two are going to fight. I'm sorry, but after all this time I still really do like you all as a group. Ever since I got her, I just ruined everything. I'm sorry, thank you for everything though. I really appreciate it." I tell them, trying not to have my voice crack by how much I'm holding in my tears.

"No, Jimin, you didn't ruin anything." ChangKyun says, walking over to me. But, before he could reach me, I turned around and quickly walked out of the dorm. I couldn't tell if any of them tried to stop me, but I didn't care. I went all the way back to my place.

 

It's been about 2 weeks since I've last spoken to Monsta X. It's also been about 2 weeks since I've worked on my album. I keep getting pressured into creating it, but I just didn't feel like it anymore. After everything that's happened, I don't even think I want to continue being famous anymore. I don't even want to stay being a guy any longer.

I got texts from them, but I ignored it. I never opened it and I don't remember who was sending the texts. I just know that it wasn't ChangKyun or KiHyun, because if it was them I would remember.

"Jimin!" I hear someone shout outside my dorm. I get up and open the door, seeing my manager standing there. "Jimin! Oh my gosh, how are you?!"

"Good. Why?" I ask.

"Why?! Well, you kind of disappeared from the company! And without telling me?! You didn't answer the phone the first time I tried calling so I had to ask Monsta X. They said you were busy doing something else and to not bother you, so I listened because you all seemed close. But for two weeks? What's going on?" he asks me.

"You're not really a good manager." I tell him, and he laughs. "The thing is, I don't know if I want to continue doing this anymore."

"What? Why?!" he kind of shouts, but the looks at me with an apologetic face for it. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't think I can handle this. I don't know, I don't think I'll be happy doing this. I know I just debuted, but I probably need a break." I say, and he looks at me not knowing what to say.

"A break?" he says. I nod.

"Or, to be just a one-hit-wonder. You know? Make one song, gets famous for it, and that's it. No more." I add. His mouth opens as to say something, but then he closes it and sighs.

"To be honest, I had a feeling this would happen one day, but I didn't think it would be so soon. Is it because you're not living with Monsta X? Did you have fun staying with them instead? We can arrange that." he says, and I shake my head.

"It's okay. It'd be worse if I stayed with them any longer. anyways." I say.

"Wait, did something happen bewteen all you guys? Because the day I asked, they all seemed like they didn't want to talk about you."

"Yeah. Let's just say something did. But they're not really the reason why I don't want to do this anymore. I'm serious. I don't want to pretend to be a guy anymore. I'm going to get figured out soon enough." I tell him, and he nods.

"What do you want to do then?" he tells me.

"Announce to everyone that 'Jimin' is done." I say, and he stood there not saying anything. I knew that he didn't want to do this, but he can't keep me being a guy. Even before everything happened with ChangKyun and KiHyun, I felt sad seeing me as a guy than a girl.

"Alright." he says, and walks out the dorm.

Two days later, it was all over the internet and written in so many articles that I was done being a singer.