Chapter 16

You Are, To Me

ChangKyun released his lip from mine, his eyes still closed. I was frozen, and I didn't know what to say or even do. He finally opened his eyes and probably noticed my shocked expression, because his eyes widened up. We both just stared at each other, not saying anything or even moving an inch. ChangKyun then finally got off of me and walked out of the studio the room. I sat up and stared at the door he went through, touching my lips with my fingers.

Did he just...no. But, why? My heart was beating fast and so many emotions were going through my head. Wait, does this mean that he's the one that...no, it can't. But...

My head slightly got lightheaded from thinking and I just stayed sitting on the floor.

What was probably 10 minutes later, ChangKyun walked back into the room with two bottles of water. I stood up and he handed one to me, without saying a single word. I took it, and he went straight to the lyrics that were on the floor. He hands it to me and just says one word. "Practice."

"But, let's call it off early for today." he added, avoiding eye contact with me. "I'm getting tired." he walks straight towards the door.

"ChangKyun" I said. He stops walking, but doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time. He looks at me, surprised. Then his face broke out into a small smile.

"I don't know why you're sorry." he says, and then walks out.

 

The next day I was back at the studio, but this time for my album. I showed everyone the changes I've made, and they all liked it. They even suggested more stuff to add onto it or to change to make it even better. I didn't mind though; their suggestions were good.

"How's your cover with ChangKyun?" one songwriter eonnie asked me.

"It's good so far." I replied. My heart started beating just by the mention of his name. I still can't get what happened out of my head.

"Jimin-ssi!" someone called me. "The lyrics to this one are so deep. Is it for anyone?"

I looked and it was the lyrics I wrote that night I was thinking about my relationship with Monsta X. I shook my head.

"Oh. It's well written." she says, and I just smiled at her compliment.

My phone rang and I excused myself to go answer it by leaving the room.

"Hello?" I said.

"Jimin! Hey, you should come by our dorm when you're done at the studio." I hear MinHyuk say.

"W-what? Why? Are you guys not busy anymore?" I ask. I hear him laugh on the other end.

"Not for the time-being, no. Just come." he says, and hangs up without waiting for my answer. I groaned to myself and walked back in the studio, everyone looking over at me with curious eyes. I looked back at them all, and they quickly went back to work. I stood confused for a while, but then ignored it. I sat down and looked at the lyrics I had written down, until I heard something that caught my attention.

"Did you hear about the model SeoHyun? She confessed her love to KiHyun face to face." I heard someone say. I slightly shifted my body towards them more, trying to listen in.

"Oh yeah, I saw that online. I'm just waiting to see if KiHyun likes her back." I heard silence right after. "Jimin!" I hear and I jump by the sudden call. I look over and I see two guys rolling their chairs towards me.

"You know Monsta X pretty well. Do you know if KiHyun likes SeoHyun?" they ask me. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. "Did you know SeoHyun liked KiHyun? I mean you guys worked together for your music video, right?" I nodded.

"Yeah. She told me about it." I told the truth. They all nodded their heads and smiled, going back to where they were. I sighed and went back to work.

 

"GUESS WHO'S HERE?!" I hear someone shout as soon as I knocked on the door. I jumped myself since it was so loud I could hear it from the outside. The door swung open with great force and I got pulled into the dorm and into someone's arms. I looked up and see MinHyuk squeezing me tightly.

"Yah, MinHyuk, You're going to break her bones, and why is she here?" HyunWoo asks.

"I invited her over." he answers, letting go of me allowing me to breath. "It felt weird having her not in our dorm anymore. Don't you guys agree?"

"But she was here a few days ago." JooHeon tells MinHyuk. MinHyuk glared at him and everyone chuckled. I spotted KiHyun laughing on the couch and I quickly ran over to him without noticing.

"Is it true?" I said out loud. He looked at me confused. "About SeoHyun noona? Er...eonnie."

"Oh." he says, quite gloomy. He opened his mouth but then got interrupted by ChangKyun.

"Whatever answer you have hyung it's already too late." he says, leaning against the wall across from us. Everyone looked over at him.

"What are you talking about?" KiHyun asks.

"You didn't tell noona an answer right? She's waiting if you feel the same or not? Well, whatever answer you have for her, whether it's a yes, or a no, it's too late." ChangKyun kind of explained more.

"Too late?" KiHyun asks.

"Yes. Too late. But not for you and SeoHyun noona." ChangKyun says, grinning at KiHyun and then walking off into the kitchen. Everyone watched him but then HoSeok broke the awkwardness.

"So anyways, yeah I'm curious too though. What is your answer for her?" he asks him. KiHyun stares at the ground for a minute, and then he looks up at me. My eyes widened at his sudden stare, I slightly felt uneasy. He opened his mouth to say something again, but then he closed it and jerked his head towards the kitchen. He got up quickly and ran towards it.

"Are they going to argue?" JooHeon says to himself, but everyone heard. "Gosh, I thought that all ended. What could it be this time?"

We all waited for about what seemed like a good 5 minutes before both of them walked out the kitchen, ChangKyun walking out with a bag of chips in his hand acting like nothing ever happened. KiHyun on the other hand, walked out with the most emotionless face ever. He sat back next to me, but then just stared down at his two feet on the ground.

"KiHyun?" MinHyuk asks, stepping closer to him. KiHyun got up and walked into his room. I watched him and got up myself, going after him.

"Hyung?" I say, and he stops walking and looks at me. I close the door and look at him. "Are you okay? What happened?"

He kept looking at me, and then walked towards me.

"ChangKyun is your favorite in the group right?" he asks me. I tilted my head in confusion.

"I mean, I don't know. I guess, since he was in the beginning. Why?" I tell him. He sighs and the nods his head as if he just figured out something.

"Do you like him?" he asks.

"What?"

"Do you like him?" he repeats. I just blink.

"Uh-uhm. Why?" I stutter a small bit.

"I don't know. Does the word kiss ring a bell?" he says. My eyes widen and he scoffs at my reaction. "So he wasn't lying."

"He told you?!"  I shouted. "He did it!"

"So he wasn't lying about that too." he says, his voice so low I could almost not make out what he was saying.

"Wh-why?" I ask him. Could it be that he likes me? But wait no, ChangKyun kissed me. But...do both of them? I watch him as he walked away and sighed. I stood there awkwardly for a while, but then opened the door and left the room.

As soon as I walked out and closed the door, everyone was standing around the door with their mouths dropped and their eyes wide open. ChangKyun was being held by HyunWoo, his mouth covered by HyunWoo's hands.

"Kissed?" HyunWoo and HyungWon said shocked at the same time. I froze.