Chapter 2

Fallen Leaves

The presents sat on the table, waiting to be given. It was for the new neighbours and Hayoung was fumbling about, not knowing how to approach them. Unfortunately for her, her parents and her sister asked her to give the neighbours a welcome present alone. They were on a business trip and as soon as they heard that there were new people moving in today, they immediately called Hayoung. Usually her parents would be the ones to give the present, not that they often have new neighbours but when new people do move in, she would just go with her parents and older sister, say her introduction and a few words. Now that she has to do it alone, it meant that she needed to talk more than usual. She sighed. She wasn't really a fan of talking and socializing with new people unlike her older sister. While Hayoung was more of the quiet and shy type, Seoyoung was the social butterfly, attracting everyone with her beautiful features.


“What do I do?” Hayoung sighed once more. She walked near the wrapped gift and held it, wondering if the new neighbours would like what she bought. It was a vase made out of glass. Roughly, a dozen of roses could fit inside. She wanted to put roses inside it too but then she didn't know if they liked roses. Better safe than sorry.

She checked her watch for the time and realized that it was time to give it to them as soon as she saw the short hand on five. She checked her appearance on the mirror before grabbing the present and going out. Black leggings covered her long legs paired with a light faded brown loose knitted sweater on top. She also wore her favorite white sneakers.

The house was just beside theirs so she didn't really walk that far. She gazed at the house in front of her for a while as she recalled the previous family who lived there. They were family friends with the previous owners and they were still. It was kind of sad how they had to move to the US since she was really close with the two boys. In fact, they were childhood friends.

She took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell shortly, not wanting to disturb nor shock the new neighbours. It only took a few seconds before the door was opened by a tall guy who was probably around the 185 cm mark. He had dark brown hair that fell naturally above his eyes which were a tad bit small. Just like his sharp defined jawline, his broad shoulders were well-defined too. Even with a simple white t-shirt, he still managed to make it look trendy and chic. Hayoung was astonished for a moment, her breath hitched in . He looked like someone who just came down from above, someone very unreal and unreachable.

“How may I help you?” he asked with his oh-so-deep voice which sent shivers through Hayoung's spine. Was he even real or was she just dreaming? It took her several seconds before his question sank in her head.

“Sehun-ah, who is it?” Hayoung heard the faint question of a lady. Hayoung supposed she was the boy's mother.

“Ah. Good afternoon! I'm Oh Hayoung. I live next door.” Hayoung bowed and pointed at where she lived. “Um...I heard you just moved in today.” she tried to strike a conversation with him.

“Please come inside.” he smiled softly and ushered the tall girl inside their house.

“Sorry for intruding.” Hayoung said as she went inside. Sehun told her to sit down and went to notify his parents about the guest.

While Hayoung waited for Sehun and his parents, she looked around her surroundings. There were still a few boxes at the side which were yet to be opened and a few picture frames that lay flat on the table.

“Hello there!” a female in her late forties greeted. She still looked beautiful albeit the wrinkles on her aging face. 'So it runs on the genes, huh?' Hayoung thought. She suddenly felt jealous of their family's genes.

“Good afternoon.” Hayoung immediately stood up and bowed. The lady gestured for her to sit down and so she did.

“So young lady, may we know your name?” the lady asked and poured her a cup of tea.

“I'm Oh Hayoung. I live next door. Unfortunately, my parents and older sister aren't here right now, so I had to give this alone. Please accept it as a welcome present.” Hayoung handed them the gift she bought politely with a bow.

“Omo! Thank you so much! Although, you didn't really have to buy us one.” the lady accepted it with a grin. Hayoung only responded with a shy smile.

“Yeobo, I think you're forgetting something.” the lady's husband told his wife. He too was handsome like his son.

“Right!” She snapped her fingers and placed Hayoung's present aside. She sure was a bubbly woman. “I'm Kang Ji Eun and this is my husband, Oh Taehyung.”

“You could call us uncle and aunt if you want.” Taehyung said to Hayoung with a smile. Hayoung nodded and smiled back.

“This is my son, Oh Sehun.” Ji Eun introduced Sehun who smiled at Hayoung.

“Nice to meet you.” Hayoung bowed slightly and smiled.

“How old are you Hayoung-ah?” Ji Eun asked as she sipped some tea. Hayoung looked like she was Sehun's age, maybe younger by a year or so.

“I just turned 21 this year.” Hayoung replied.

“Younger by Sehun than a year, huh?” Sehun immediately threw a glance at his father. His father knew what t do without even looking at his son so he changed the topic quite easily. Ji Eun sometimes liked playing matchmaker and Sehun was often her victim so before things could get awkward, Taehyung immediately changed the topic.

They talked for an hour which made Hayoung surprised at herself. She thought she would only last for twenty minutes or so but she managed to keep up a conversation with them for an hour without making excuses to leave. Well, they did lead the conversation and they were very talkative and friendly which made the atmosphere light. In the middle of their conversation, Hayoung told them that she could give them a tour if they wanted. The two adults agreed enthusiastically. By the end, Ji Eun and Taehyung wanted Hayoung to stay for some more and even asked her if she wanted to sleep at their house but Hayoung politely refused, telling them that it was fine. Sehun spoke lesser words than his parents but when he spoke, Hayoung would always find herself smiling.

“Thank you for the time and if ever you need help, please don't hesitate to ask me.” Hayoung bowed.

“Alright then. We'll just call you tomorrow for the tour.” Ji Eun smiled. They had already exchanged phone numbers beforehand so there was no problem. Hayoung bowed and said her good-byes as so did her neighbours.

 

><><><

 

Hayoung threw herself on her bed, exhausted. She took her rilakkuma stuff toy and hugged it before hearing her phone beep. She reached for it with her right hand while her left held the rilakkuma. It was a text message from Sehun.

[Good night Oh Hayoung. See you tomorrow!]

Hayoung smiled before typing in a good night too, Oh Sehun and pressing send. She looked at her stuff toy and hugged it tight with a grin.

“Sehun's really handsome.” she muttered to herself before falling asleep completely with a smile.

 


Sehun and Hayoung finally met! 

So how have you been? I was supposed to post this yesterday but I fell asleep right after our christmas party and then I only woke up this morning. I guess I was just too tired and I had to sleep for around 15 hours (not really straight). I've been so sleep deprived ever since high school started huhu. Anyways, back to the story! So this one is longer than the first chapter by around 200 words and there were some that said the first chapter was short so I tried to make this longer. Yay haha. Just tell me if you want the chapters to be longer in the comments section^^

 

AND BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU SEEN JONGIN WITH GLASSES? I SWEAR HE LOOKS SO EFFING CUTE AND HIS OMO-YA IN UNFAIR IS JUST HBDJSJKNFJNLJSD. NOT TO ADD OH SEHUN STILL BEING HANDSOME EVEN WITH DIRT ON HIS BEAUTIFUL FACE AND BAEK BEING A DOCTOR AJDSFJKSDANFJKASFD. I SWEAR EXO JUST LOOKS SO FUC**** HANDSOME AND CUTE AND IT'S SO UNFAIR LIKE DO YOU EVEN SEE THE IRONY OF THEM SINGING UNFAIR KSKCXNKKDJNS. LIKE ARE THEY PERTAINING TO THEMSELVES? I NEED TO STOP CAUSE THIS WILL BE NONSENSE AND Y'ALL WOULD PROBABLY THINK THAT THIS AUTHOR HERE IS CRAZY BUT THAT'S JUST HOW LIFE IS HAHAHA. I SWEAR EXO IS JUST UNFAIR. HOW EVEN NCKVNKXKDF

 

HERE'S THE VIDEO:

 

YOU'RE WELCOME! See you in my next chapter or somewhere lol. Bye!!!

 

 

Thought you've seen the last of me for this chapter? NOT YET! XD But anyways, could y'all recommend me some good Kai fanfics where Kai's personality's the cute one and not the you know cold guy and all. 

 

Swear, this is the last time. Bye!!!