Chapter 5

Love can be Anywhere

"You know, at least you could try to smile. You look like you don't even want to be here," Jeonghan's words made Mingyu come back to reality. 

It was finally the day they all meet. The day he will see who Wonwoo's real friends are. He will finally discover Wonwoo's real personality. All week, he was rather excited for this day but now that the day finally came, Mingyu could say he was nervous. 

Jeonghan was right. He didn't want to be there. He would have loved to spend this Sunday at home, watching some movies. But the starts weren't with him today. He had to stay all day in the company of someone he wanted to stay away. He had to be nice in his presence. 

"Can you open the door?" Jeonghan yelled at Mingyu from the living room. 

The boy put his glass of water on the counter and made his way towards the entrance. Even with the door locked, he could hear voices from outside. Where all of them that loud? He opened it, falling face to face with Wonwoo. Mingyu widened his eyes at Wonwoo's bright smile. For a second, he could have said the boy was magical when smiling like that. He let that thought fly away when Wonwoo turned his head towards him and smirked. Mingyu rolled his eyes before greeting the five boys Wonwoo was with and let them come in. 

"Hello and welcome. I'm Jeonghan. Nice to meet you," the boy said, coming closer to the newly arrived people. Two other boys followed behind, all of them staring at Wonwoo's friends. 

Wonwoo smiled at Jeonghan before pointing Seungcheol. "I should introduce them before. That is Seungcheol, Seokmin next to him." Everyone smile at Seokmin's dashing smile. "Then there is Hansol and Chan and lastly Soonyoung." The five boys bowed.

"And you must be Wonwoo?" the guy with pink hair asked. The boy in question nodded, realizing there are a few faces he hasn't seen.

"Now it's our turn," Jeonghan said, clapping his hands together. "As you may know, I am Jeonghan, the one who opened the door is Mingyu, the pink-haired guy is Jihoon, the one next to him is Seungkwan. And Jun," the boy finally came at the hearing of his name "It's him." 

The boys exchanged a few words before making their way to the living room. The atmosphere started a bit tense and awkward, but it got slowly better after a few minutes. It's like they clicked together. Wonwoo's friends were a lot better than expected. Mingyu thought they would be a lot more like Wonwoo, but he was wrong. Each one of them was different, and together they completed each other. 

And now seeing Wonwoo's real personality, it made Mingyu wonder why wasn't he always like that. He could see the sparkle in Wonwoo's eyes every time one of his friends said something funny. Mingyu wished Wonwoo could be more like that. And he should totally tone down with the winking and smirking. 

Wonwoo could see why Mingyu was friend with Jeonghan and the others. They had a lot in common, and they could understand each other so well. They belonged together,

But for once, Mingyu wasn't talking that much. He was only staying on the side, nodding if someone asked him anything. It made Wonwoo worried since he never thought the boy could be like that. He has only seen Mingyu with a smile on his face, yet now he is all gloomy. 

"Hey Jeonghan, where is the bathroom?" Seungcheol asked. 

Seungcheol didn't take too long. On his way back, the went to the kitchen and got himself a drink. But to his surprise, he bumped into Jihoon. He was the only person he remembered the name. Maybe because of his colorful hair. Or maybe his name was just easy to remember. 

"Are you and your friends having fun?" Jihoon asked, making it the first time Seungcheol hear his voice. 

"Yeah, I am sure everyone is having a great time. How about you?" Seungcheol tried to sound as normal as he could. 

"It's nice," Jihoon said and returned to the group of people in the living room.

Seungcheol added a new detail about the boy. He wasn't very talkative. He kept doing the same for others too. He wanted to get to know them better. Seungcheol always made sure everyone is happy in his company. He gave a lot of attention to how he was around others, not wanting to offend anyone. But sometimes, he needed some time to get to know the person very well. Something that has never happened with Wonwoo. Since day one, he didn't have any trouble being around Wonwoo or having the boy around him. It was natural, for both of them. He loved having that connection with him. He could say Wonwoo was his best friend. Or even more. For Seungcheol, Wonwoo is like his life vest. Wonwoo keeps Seungcheol at the surface. Seungcheol adored the boy. And he hoped it was the same for Wonwoo. 

"Guys, it has been a great day, but I have to leave now," Jun said when Seungcheol came back. "Be good kids and don't get yourself in trouble," he continued, receiving a pillow in the face from Seungkwan. 

"Also, Mingyu." Jun turned around, getting the boy's attention. "Don't forget what you promised me. You need to have Minghao's number by Monday."

"I never said that. Get it yourself," Mingyu answered, getting an annoyed look from Jun. 

"Come on. Just help me out." Jun looked at Jeonghan, pouting. "Jeonghannie, will you help me?"

Jeonghan made a thinking face, before smiling to Jun. "No." 

"Fine, I will get it myself. I don't know how, but I will." Jun said his good bye's to everyone before leaving for his dancing classes. 

Even with one person in minus, the boys had the same amount of fun. They were doing anything much, just talking. From time to time, Soonyoung and Seokmin would do little gags, making everyone laugh for minutes. They were the best duo for a party. You couldn't be bored with those two around.

Even Mingyu was having more fun now. Hw could finally let his worries fly away and enjoy the presence of his friends. Wonwoo could see Mingyu's happy personality finally appearing, and he made his way next to the boy.

"Is everything okay?" Wonwoo's low-voice made Mingyu jump a little. He turned his head towards his left, meeting Wonwoo's sparkly eyes. 

"Yeah. Why do you care?" Mingyu's question made Wonwoo's heart ache. 

Wonwoo gave him a blank face before going back to his seat next to Hansol. Things will be more difficult than he imagined. And how could Mingyu think that? After all, Wonwoo has a heart too. He would care for the boy. He would care for anyone. 

"Hyung, just tell him," Hansol whispered for only him and Wonwoo to hear. 

"Wouldn't it be too soon? Don't you think I am rushing it?" Wonwoo wasn't sure if he should do as Hansol told him to.

"Hyung, since when do you care so much? Don't worry, everything will be alright." Hansol patted Wonwoo's back, making the older sigh.

"I can't believe I am getting love advice from you. It's like 7 PM. Isn't is passed your bed time?" The words made Wonwoo receive a pillow to his face. He loved teasing Hansol the most because he knew the boy would over react. It wasn't the same with Chan. The younger would just shrug it off, knowing his hyung is only playing around. He doesn't want to tease Seungcheol because his friend would just start chasing him, no matter where they are. Seokmin and Soonyoung would just back, and now with Mingyu in the picture, Wonwoo would rather stay away from that. 

"I don't know about you guys," Soonyoung started, getting everyone's attention. "But I am getting hungry." And Soonyoung;s problem was solved when Jeonghan came back from the kitchen with three pizzas. The boys jumped on them, starting to devour them one by one. They didn't realise how hungry they were until now. Everyone thanked Jeonghan with their mouths half-full, making the boy laugh at them. He was glad everyone was having a great time.

You would think the spirits would tone down after eating, but it was the opposite. It was like they more strength to continue the day. Soonyoung and Seokmin were even more loud, Mingyu was finally making his way in the conversation, and in general, everyone was just happy. But as time passed, the night was coming to an end as many of them had other things to do. Plus, tomorrow was a school day, and all of them needed to get ready for another boring and long week. After today, none of them wanted to go to school. They just wanted to live this day over and over again. 

Slowly, everyone started to head back to their houses, but not before agreeing to have another day like this one. It was a must. And of course, no one was against it. Not even Mingyu. 

In the end, only Jeonghan, Mingyu and Wonwoo were left. The boys helped Jeonghan clean around, not wanting him to have to do it all alone. When the kitchen was finally clean, Mingyu put his rug down and stretched, remembering how tired he was. After all, today wasn't what he expected it to be. 

"It's my turn to leave now," he said, already on his way to the entrance. 

"I will walk you home," Wonwoo proposed, making Mingyu and Jeonghan frown at him. 

"Why?" Mingyu asked the question the two boys wanted the answer. 

"Just because." Wonwoo put his shoes on, smiling at Mingyu. 

Jeonghan and Mingyu looked a bit confused at Wonwoo's answer. Wasn't it such a great reason to walk someone home, when he lives the exact opposite way of your house? 

Jeonghan hugged them goodbye and told them to be careful and take care of themselves before the boys left the front porch. The two walked side by side, with a little space between them. Wonwoo was trying to think of good conversation subjects, but he couldn't find anything Mingyu would like. Plus, Hansol's words kept ringing in his head. 

"It was nice today, right?" he asked, only getting a nod from Mingyu. "I am glad you met my friends. I hope they didn't scare you too much." Mingyu agreed with a hum, making Wonwoo give up on every try to talk with the boy.

Why was he like that? Since when did Mingyu dislike to talk? He was sure Mingyu had a lot to say about today. Mingyu always had a lot to say. But, it looked like he was trying to ignore Wonwoo. Like he didn't want the boy to be with him. Was Wonwoo such a bad person? Yes, he wasn't like before, but there is a reason behind all of this. Wonwoo wouldn't just drastically change over the night for nothing. Actually, Wonwoo is still the same. He just showed his more funny part to Mingyu. 

Their little walk finally got the an end, as Mingyu stopped in front of a big, white house. He turned around, looking into Wonwoo's eyes. 

"Well, guess I need to leave now," Wonwoo started. "Goodnight and sleep well. See you tomorrow in class," the shorter boy turned around, ready to leave for his house.

"Wonwoo," Mingyu left out, making the boy turn around at the hear of his name. "Stop this." Wonwoo gave Mingyu a questioning look. What was the boy even saying?

"Stop what?" Wonwoo asked, getting closer to Mingyu.

"This. Why do you act like you care? Why are you so nice with me? We've been in the same class for years, and only now you give a about me. What is the reason behind all of this? Because no one can be this nice, all of a sudden. And don't give me the 'Because' bull again, I am not in the mood of joking." Mingyu could feel his face become all red. He will finally get the answer he has searched for this last few days. 

Wonwoo looked at him, a smirk on his face. "Do you really want to know?" he asked, receiving a nod from Mingyu. 

it, he thought. Let's just go for it. 

"Because I like you."