Chapter 1

Love can be Anywhere

Kim Mingyu, the name that was on everyone's lips. How could someone not know about him? He was the talk of the school every day. The oh so popular Kim Mingyu was talked about all day long, by everyone. Girls wanted to date him, and so wanted some boys. Others just wanted to be friends with him. But there were also the ones who hated him. They hated on his good looks, on his great personality, on his amazing grades, and on all the attention he was getting. They all wanted to be like him. They all envied him, but one person. 

Jeon Wonwoo didn't like Mingyu. He wouldn't use hate because it was such a strong word, but it wasn't too far from it. To Wonwoo, Mingyu only wanted to be in the spotlight. All the looks he would get, Wonwoo could see how much the other loved it. Like he was only living for attention. And Wonwoo could not stand that. He never talked to Mingyu, and he doesn't think of doing it. Actually, Wonwoo has never talked with someone from his school. All his friends went to another one, and he was stuck here all alone. With Mingyu.

"Jeon Wonwoo, can you please answer the question?" the teacher's voice made Wonwoo wake up from his daydreaming. 

He looked at the chalkboard and saw an equation written there. Simple, Wonwoo thought. In no time, he resolved it and gave the good answer, making the teacher nod, going back to his teaching. The boy rolled his eyes and started doodling on the piece of paper in front of him. Seconds after, he looked at his left and saw Kim Mingyu staring at him. They shared a little staring contest, making Wonwoo the winner. He returned to his drawing, not caring about the boy next to him anymore.

Mingyu was surprised by Wonwoo. How can the boy never listen, yet he always gets the answer? It made Mingyu interested even more about Wonwoo. Yes, he was interested, but not in a good way. He envied Wonwoo. Mingyu had to study hard to get all those good grades, but it looked like Wonwoo never did anything, yet he is in the top 5 in his class. 

"Mingyu, you've been staring for minutes now," the boy heard his best friend Jeonghan whisper to him. "Are you okay?" he asked, concerned by his best friend's behavior. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry." Mingyu gave Wonwoo one last look and went back to taking notes. 

The class passed quite fast. Mingyu soon forgot about Wonwoo, only focusing on the things that were important to him. Him and Jeonghan went on the rooftop for lunch, like they always did. 

"So what was that about earlier?" Jeonghan interrogated his friend. 

"What are you talking about?" Mingyu asked and took a bite from his sandwich.

"Don't play dumb, Kim Mingyu. You staring at that kid, Wonwoo. What was going on?" Mingyu couldn't say 'Nothing' because his best friend wouldn't let him go that easily. 

"He just annoys me so much. He looks like he is hiding something," Mingyu started. "Haven't you seen him? He never talks in class. How can he pass all his school years like that, even in English?"

"Mingyu-ah, you think too much. Leave the poor boy alone." Jeonaghn put his hand on Mingyu's shoulder and smiled at him. He really doesn't understand why Mingyu is like that. 

The boys dropped the subject and continued on with another topic. On the other hand, Wonwoo walking around the court, talking on his phone.

"Guys, just get me out of here. I hate being alone without you," Wonwoo stated, pouting his lips a little bit. 

"You're a senior, and school will soon be over, so just wait a little bit. We will go to college together. All of us," one of the boys on the other line said. 

"Seungcheol, are you kidding me? School just started," Wonwoo said, annoying heard in his voice.

"Well sorry, I don't have anything better." Wonwoo sighed at his friend's words.

"Wonwoo-ah," the boy heard from someone else from his group of friends. "It's your last year. Go crazy. Have fun. Don't just do the same things you  have done for the past years. Are you bored?"

"Thank you Seokmin, your words just changed my life," Wonwoo said sarcastically. "No, I like being the way I am. I don't want to change right now. I like it like this." 

"Fine, do what you want. But you will see how boring it is," the named Seokmin said. 

Their little conversation kept on until Wonwoo had to leave for class. He sat down at his place and put his chin in his palm, elbow resting on the table. He had history, one of his favorite subjects. Wonwoo liked learning about all the things that happened in the past. He liked knowing how things went, what happened when that person did this or that. He was curious about many things. and he wanted to learn them all.

The teacher walked into the class, a big smile on her face. "Class," she said, getting everyone's attention. "You're gonna have a team project." It was knowing in the entire school how much Mrs.Hwang loved team projects. And so did Mingyu.

He looked towards his best friend, making him understand they will be in the same team, like always. "I make the teams," Mrs. Hwang said, making Mingyu widen his eyes. There were 99,99% he will not be with Jeonghan, and he didn't want to know his partner. 

 The teacher started calling names, putting them in teams. "Yoon Jeonghan," she said, taking a moment before saying the boy's partner. "Hong Jisoo. You're on the same team." 

Jeonghan looked at the boy named Jisoo and gave him a little bow with his head. He has never talked with him, and that will make things difficult for the two boys. 

"Kim Mingyu," the name was heard around the classroom. The boy in question  looked at his teacher, ready for the second name to be called. He gave his friend a quick look, receiving a thumbs up. He let out a sigh. After all, it's just a project. How bad can his partner be? He was sure everything will go smoothly between the two. In the end, everyone loved Mingyu, so his partner will love him too. 

"Jeon Wonwoo."