Chapter 1

Tales of Love and Loss

  The stranger shyly plucked at a fold of his cloak. "Excuse me for intruding, but I was told I could find the heads of the Shinee fleet here. I was hoping to ask them something.

  The black haired man smiled. "Well, you've found them. Well, three of us anyway. Taemin should be back shortly. Jongin wanted to go shopping before meeting us for dinner, and they took Key's Princess with them since he tends to get sidetracked on his own. I'm Minho by the way. This is my husband Jinki, or Onew." He indicated the man he was sitting on, who smiled at the stranger and wrapped his arms around his lapful's waist. "That's Kibum, known as Key." He pointed to their blonde, fox-eyed companion, who nodded. "What did you wish to ask us? Have a seat and ask anything you'd like. What's your name by the way?"

  The stranger settled himself in a chair and cleared his throat. "I'm nobody important.What I've already been curious about is the names of your ships. I'm hoping to become a writer one day, and I'm always looking for interesting stories to spark my own ideas. I understand completely if you don't want to talk about it though."

  The three shook their heads. "It's no bother," Minho said, lacing his fingers with Jinki's. "Most people just take them at face value. You are correct in thinking there's more to it than just being poetic. Won't you take that cloak off though? You must be sweltering in that thing."

  "Actually, I'm always cold, just like my father.It's a gypsy curse to be honest. We get a lot of odd looks because we're always wrapped head to toe, but I swear it only affects us so don't worry."

  "That sounds like an interesting story in itself. We don't worry much about magical stuff anyway with our very own witch." Key spoke for the first time, startling the stranger who had expected a much higher pitched voice from the feminine-seeming blonde.

  "I'm not a witch Kibum darling. I just happen to be magically talented." A redhead suddenly spoke up from behind Key, before plopping down in the blonde's lap and giving his cheek a kiss. The newcomer was even more fine-boned and delicate looking than Key, with shoulder length hair and clad in a pretty blue dress.

  "Yes Princess. Did you have fun shopping?" Key asked, nuzzling into the milk white neck.

  "We're back!" Another pair popped up, close enough in looks to be brothers if not twins. They plopped down on a nearby bench.

  "This is Nobody Important. First time I've ever heard that name. He's here to find out about the lonely hearts club ships." Onew grinned, and snuggled Minho closer.

  "Ah, there are some sad tales, but at least they have happy endings, well for most of us." One of the maybe twins said.

  "It just means your story isn't finished yet Minnie." Key said, smiling at the maybe twin. He turned to the stranger. "Froggy here," he said, pointing to Minho, who scowled, "is the only one of us whose heart hasn't been broken at least once. Since we're the ones who bought them, our fearless leader Jinki, Taemin and I named the ships. Ah, where to start?"

  "Save you know who for last Kibum," Onew advised, shifting his lapful.

"I'll go last then," Taemin offered, leaning against his maybe brother.

  "Our, story for lack of a better word is the most complicated so looks like you're up first mon capitaine." Key commented, Heechul's back.

  The man in the cloak spoke up then. "I'm sorry, but that is Heechul in the dress right? I'm really not trying to be rude, but is, um that person a man or woman?"

  The one in question glared at him. "Don't let the pretty face a wrapping fool you Imp. Under this dress I'm all man." Everyone laughed at his offended tone.

  After the laughter calmed down, the man in the cloak asked "Imp?"

  "Nobody Important is too long to say, so unless you have a preffered nickname, we'll call you Imp."

  "No, that's okay. I sorta like that actually."