The Wing-Roommate

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sitting unceremoniously on the counter of our tiny kitchen, peacefully munching on chocos and milk, lost in thought about life and other deep . A hurried scuffling noise breaks me out of my other-deep- reverie and I look up to see Namjoon stepping out of his room only in his tracks.

I swallow hard... because that's how you eat, I snap at myself. I am swallowing my breakfast, I decide firmly; Not because of my lean, tan & half- roommate. Not at all.

"Morning", I greet his disheaveled, scowling form.

I hear another scuffle behind him that thankfully shifts my attention away from him. Namjoon throws me a startled, desperate look. Realization behind his scowl dawns on me when I see a blonde head exit his room behind him, in only a shirt. Ah there's his t-shirt, I muse.

Miss Long legs sensually runs her french-manicured-nailed hands on NamJoon. "Didn't find you in bed, tiger", I hear a dissapointed purr, "How does a good morning to your little friend with my mouth sound?"

 Appetite for my choco puffs and milk breakfast efficiently murdered, I dump my bowl loudly. Here goes nothing.

"Who is that?", I hear the blonde ask- no whine to Namjoon. I turn away from the sink and towards them, hands on my hips, in a perfect imitation of a hurt & pissed off girlfriend. 

Namjoon squirms out of the blonde's grasp and looks at me, helplessly. The girl looks from Namjoon to me, her pouty lips parted slightly. 

"Erm... this is...", Namjoon starts saying in his most guilty voice.

"I am his girlfriend, that's who I am", I growl, making the girl and Namjoon both flinch. I walk towards my roommate, eyes narrowed, "This is what you have been doing when I went off to my mum's? Screwing around? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR ING NERVE KIM NAMJOON!"

"Baby... I..", he starts explaining himself, in the most pathetic sorry voice. What a tool. I roll my eyes, breaking character for a second, when I see the girl dissappear into Namjoon's bedroom. Namjoon grins too, conspirationally, before arranging his facial features into a tragic expression that is fit for a funeral house.

The girl, now dressed in her own clothes, comes out. She looks uncertainly at Namjoon. I clear my throat loudly, glaring at the pair, "Oh you want his number now? I'm sure my of a boyfriend would not mind."

Looking terrified, she hastily power walks out of the main door. Both Namjoon and I turn to look at it till the tell tale sound of a 'click' reverberates through our appartment. Namjoon relaxes and gives me the most dazling dimpled smile. 

I sigh, ignoring him & turning back to clean up my bowl. I hear Namjoon lumbering towards me and a second later his weight drapes around me as he hugs me from behind. 

"Get off", I snap, tamping my suddenly spiked heart rate down. I place the cleaned bowl in the drawer beside the sink, waiting for him to get off.

"Can't I cuddle my girl?", he grunts, nuzzling his cheek into my neck,"And not to mention, you happen to be the only constant female prescence in my life!"

I try to shrug him with a sarcastic, "Lucky me."

"No, lucky me!", I feel his lips breaking out in a small smile against my skin, "What would I do without you?!"

"Not be such a man-, maybe?" I snort, "And, can you move away!? Your stubble is scratching me, Namjoon", I attempt to dislodge him off me again, this time with an elbow jab. It works like a charm.

"Owww... meanie", he pouts, rubbing his side.

I remind myself that I find this behaviour unbearably disgusting and not at all cute. Not even remotely, "Save your whining."

"Mhmm", he mumbles, retrieving a carton of orange juice from the fridge and chugging it down directly. See, disgusting. I make a disgruntled noise at the complete lack of etiquette.

He lowers the juice carton, wipes his lips of with the back of his free hand and grins at me. Ugh. "Disgusting", I voice my disgust at his cave-man ways, "Anyway I'm off to shower, I have a class in an hour."

"We on for clubbing tonight, right?", Namjoon bellows after me, "I need my best Wing-man to help me with my game."

I raise a thumbs up to show my consent and slam the door shut behind me.

"You are so lucky!"

I turn my attention to an attractive red head, who was sliding onto the barstool next to mine.

"What about?" I smile back politely. I already have an inkiling what it was about, this is a weekly occurance during my nights out with Namjoon.

Smiling suggestively at me, she gushes, "Your boyfriend is gorgeous."

I grin. Bingo! "Oh him? Nah, we're just friends."

"Oh!" I see her blue eyes turn to saucers, "Damn girl! Why haven't you tapped that?!"

Because he's a womanizing man- incapable of settling down, I think to myself. But to the red head I shrug and say, "Just friends. Wanna be introduced?"

She practically falls over herself at that. I suppress a snort. Drunk people. 

I look over to Namjoon, who was currently imitating a very irritated looking Jin. Taehyung and Jimin were doubling over with laughter, clearly finding whatever Namjoon was doing hilarious. "Joonie", I drawl. Despite the din in the club, it manages to catch Namjoon's attention.

"You called me, my lady?", he saunters over to me, not paying the slightest attention to the hot chick beside me. Ever the perfect player.

"Uh yea. Meet my friend...", I turn to the redhead, questioningly.

"Kiara", she cooes, her voice dripping with honey, that was absent a few seconds ago. She reaches over me to shake his hand, conveniently leaning in a very seductive pose. How lovely. 

Namjoon, like the expert playboy he is, bends down and grazes his lips lightly over her knuckles, "Charmed." 

She giggles. 

Knowing that my duties as the WingMan are now fullfilled, I get up from the stool dusting off invisible dust off my jeans daintily, "I'll leave you two to get aquainted with yourselves then."

"No. Stay!", the girl turns to me, not really meaning it. I smirk. "I have friends waiting", I point towards Jimin, who was beckoning me over. Namjoon throws me a wink over whats-her-face's shoulder as he mouths, 'Don't wait up!'

I flip him before walking off to the boys' table.

Jin drops me off at home at around 1.00 am. I hug him goodbye and make my way up to the appartment I share with Namjoon.

As soon as I key the door open, a sense of lonliness invades me. I change into my pajamas and grab the phone, my fingers automatically dialling the number I knew by heart. One ring later I hear a sleepy "Hello?"

"Yoooooooooooongiiiiiiiiii", I whine into the phone, plopping down on one of the sofas. Min Yoongi is probably the only human being on this planet I could feel shameless enough to whine to; he is like a brother I never had. Our Mums had high hopes that we'd end up dating. But I knew that wouldn't ever have happened because one, we both had always been like siblings; then two, Yoongi was gay and happily commited in a long term relationship with our highschool junior Hoseok.

"Hi you too!"

"Yoongi, Im boredddd", I continue whining.

He chuckles, "And what do you propose I do about that?"

"Well, you can keep talking to me in the y voice of yours", a  eating grin manifesting on my face, 

I hear a low giggle on his side, "Seokie's with you?"

"No. I just mastered my boyfriend's extremely girly and happy giggle", Yoongi retorts making me join in Hoseok's now loud giggling.

I hear some shuffling and it's Hoseok speaking now, "So, sweet heart, are you gonna tell us what the matter is?"

"What matter?" I ask back, still trying to stiffle my laughter.

"You are calling on a Friday night, instead of being out partying, so something has to be up", Hoseok explains.

Oh , I only realize now that I must've disturbed something for them. I immediately start apologizing, feeling extremely guilty and ready to hang up.

"Save your sorrys, sweety. You know neither of us mind you calling us whenever the time", Yoongi says gently, "So back to the topic, you are calling this late so I'm assuming Namjoon must've gone on his weekly hooking up spree?" 

I gasp at his bluntness, "Yoongi!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Namjoon IS the hooker, I forget", he quips, making me smile inspite of myself. 

I hear a light slap and Yoongi going, 'owww, Jung Hoseok!' 

I laugh.

"You need to get a boyfriend & get laid", Hoseok says out of nowhere, "Or a hobby."

"Hey!", I protest affronted, "I have plenty of hobbies!"

"And yet here you are on the phone with us", Yoongi drawls, "On a Friday night... pining over your platonic roommate."

,Hobi hits him again with a, 'be nice, baby!'

"I am NOT pining over anyone. That boy is just goodlooking & nothing else", I grouse, "And anyway, if I end up being an old unmarried maid, I can always live in your & hobi's basement, babysitting all those cute little gorgeous kids ya'all are going to adopt."

Cue, both of them sighing at my hopelessness.

"You haven't had a proper relationship since you moved in with him", Hobi says, reasonably, "Maybe it's more than having a thing for his good-looks?"

I am about to retort but Yoongi cuts in, "True. But then again, there's a possibility that she is psycho." 

Hoseok slaps him again, "Hoseok-ah!" There's a warning in Yoongi's voice.

"Okay! Before all that slapping turns into some , I'm going to go off!", I mock-gasp.  

"? Really? You know sweetheart, I worry about you sometimes", Yoongi mutters..

"I know you do. Worry abot your . Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.", I shout into the phone, ending the call fast, before he can start his usual spiel about Namjoon & everything else that is wrong with my life.

I look around the apartment. With a dreary sigh, I drag myself and fall face first into my fluffy bed. The last thought I remember having before oblivion engulfs me was that it would be great if Namjoon & whats-her-face would choose anywhere else and not decide to have in this appartment.

Namjoon noisily enters the appartment, dropping his timberlands with a loud thud.

"Back so early?", I look up from my notes, checking the clock. It's only 8 A.M.

"Hmmmfff", he grunts an affirmative.

"You look lovely", I mutter, taking in his hammered appearance. Red-head must've been good, I think nastily.

"Hmmmpffff", more grunts as he heaves himself into his room. I hear his shower turn on & off. Twenty minutes later, he comes out and drags himself onto the sofa opposite to mine, still looking weary. I silently pass him a coffee.

"Mmm when didya make it?" he questions, taking a long sip, finally opening his eyes fully. 

"When you were in the shower, figured you could use one."

He fixes his gaze in me, not saying anything. I choose to ignore him and go back to fiddling with my guitar for lyrical inspiration.

"It's been a while since we worked on music together", he murmurs. I glance at him.

I shrug, unsure of what he expected me to say. It was true, Namjoon and I would spent hours making music & writing lyrics. Then one day he just stopped wanting to and I had too much of a complex to ask him why, so I simply let it go. 

He pushes himself off the sofa and sits down beside me, cross legged. He takes my music sheets, filled with scratches and random verses, studying them carefully.

"You have an arrangement ready?"

I nod and he gestures me to play it. I shift a little, and start playing the sheet. 

"Try an F minor there", Namjoon interrupts me somewhere in the middle. I try out his suggestion. Through the tune, he gives me 2 or 3 more alternatives. We decide to go with a few of his changes and keep the rest of it as it is.

"It's a good musical piece, I'm not gonna lie", Namjoon grins at me.

"I know it is", I grimace, "It's the lyrics I'm drawing a blank at."

"How modest", he teases, "Come on" He stands up and extends a hand towards me.

"What for?"

"We are going to the studio. Arrange the music & then lyrics will follow", he states, pulling me along.

We reach the studio, Namjoon's studio, that he shares with Jin & a junior of his, Jungkook. A wave of nostalgia hits me, from the times when Namjoon & I would sit here for hours at end and work on music, me on instruments & him on lyrics. The other times, Jin & Jungkook would join us and we would fool around like a bunch of dorks. I sigh, this place had too many fond memories. And now I can't help but wonder why it all stopped... why Namjoon stopped inviting me over. 

Before I can blurt that out though, Namjoon comes up behind me & takes my jacket, dumping it unceremoniously on the couch along with his coat. I pick them both up gingerly, scowling, "Don't! I don't want your ual secretions on my jacket, thankyouverymuch."

"You are the only girl I ever invited here", he says lightly. I look at him, ready to snort & roll my eyes, but the expression in his eyes stops me short. I try to make sense of it but it's gone in a blink.

Deciding to ignore it for now, we get to work. After what seems like an hour or so, a loud jarring noise interrupts us. Namjoon groans as he pulls out his phone. It was then that I realize how close we were sitting, knees bumping & hands brushing each others. Namjoon seems to realize this too as he stares and me for a second before answering his phone.

"Yes Tae?"

"Why are you calling for that now? Let's decide in the evening."

"Huh?"

At that he looks at me, bewildered. I raise an eyebrow questioningly and Namjoon breaks out in a grin, hanging up the phone.

"What is it?" 

"Check the time", he says, closing the edits we have been working on and saving them under his name.

I take out my phone, still clueless. The time on the display makes me gasp, "We've been here for 8 hours?! What the-"

Namjoon, still grinning, pulls me out of my chair and directs me into my coat.

"Tae called. We are going dancing to this new club Jin's friend Ken owns", he declares, "And also..." He pauses.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter