Over sickeningly sweet coffee and Mint tea...

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bells chime as I enter the cozy cafe, bringing a cold gust of wind inside with me. A few patrons seated closer to the door shudder and turn to glare at me. I arrange my facial features into a semi apologetic expression, my eyes automatically scanning the crowd. A frown automatically makes its way on to my face when I notice my appointment isn't here yet. 

I start making my way further inside when the strong smell of grounded coffee beans invades my senses. I immediately retreat back towards the entrance. For one wild moment, I consider waiting outside but one look at the 'outside' has me dragging my feet to an empty table near the french styled windows. 

I might choke on the smell but atleast I won't freeze to death in here, I muse drily as I look out at the overcast gray afternoon landscape. There weren't a whole lot of people out there, given the weather. Still, I could see some last minute christmas shoppers power walking in and out of stores, with gift bags under their arms and coats tightly wrapped.

I turn my attention to my surroundings inside the small coffee shop, feeling a headache already creeping because of the smell of coffee and the couples huddled around.

Sickeningly sweet, I scowl.

My mood continues to steadily go sour as the time goes by and I find myself drifting back to that day of the accident a year ago- when my world turned upside down. And not to mention hair-pullingly annoying. Most of the times I couldn't remember much of daily life things, which was highly inconvenient as it is. But even when I did, the memories were painstakingly blurry and vague; Like seeing myself through a semi opaque- fogged up glass. The outlines were intriguing enough to squint but there was always that horrendous aftermath of splitting head-ache. Willing myself not to surrender to the dark abyss my train of thought would invariably drop me into, I reach out into my coat pocket for my planner that my over indulgeing therapist SeokJin was making me keep since I was diagnosed with mild amnesia since the accident. 

But the sound of the chair opposite to mine squeaking noisily makes me look up, planner forgotten in my pocket. A guy in a cobalt blue jacket and a silver scarf takes a seat infront of me, on my freaking table! He proceeds to wave at the waiter.

"Um... excuse me", I speak up, with as much politeness as I can muster, "I'm waiting for someone. And there are plenty of tables free here."

He turns his glance towards me then, his gaze lingering on me for a fraction more than is neccessary. 

"No worries, I'll be out of your way soon enough", he replies with a bright smile, giving me a view of deepest set of dimples I'd ever laid my eyes on. 

Before I can protest though, the waiter arrives at the table. "What can I get you both today?" he drawls, clearly sounding like he din't give two flying s about what he could get us today.

"I'll have a capuccino, extra cream", the guy infront of me says, not missing a beat, "And perhaps a mint tea for the lady?" he inquires, with a slight raise of his left eyebrow at me.

I am about to snap at this stranger but decide against creating a scene. Atleast not just yet. I settle on nodding stiffly. 

As the waiter leaves our table, the man speaks, "I thought I'd order for you too"

"You din't have to", I say before adding again pointedly, "I'm waiting for someone."

"I am waiting for someone too. So why don't we keep each other company till our respective 'someones' arrive?", he offers with a simple smile.

I study him suspiciously. He is tall, not very- but just right. He has a shock of ash blonde hair that is clearly not natural but suited him immensely just the same. The hair accentuated his olive skinned, heart shaped face. He even has a set of plump li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter