Distractions as sweet as Suga...

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A li'll deviation from Rap Mon for this one shot. This scenario's with Yoongi, my sweet sweet Suga!

But seriously, who can complain.

                  I'm such a er for his smiles and his drunken drawling voice. *Sigh*

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The clock strikes 11.15 somehwere on the humid night. Sweat trickles down her temples as she runs, focusing all her attention on the hoop ahead of her. The thumps of the dribbling ball meeting the polished wooden floor reverberate in the empty court. She her lips as she flies to make her shot. There is a sound of rubber gliding around the rim of the metal hoop. Aaand score!

She does a little jive right there, under her just conquered basketball loop.

"Nice one", a slow drawling voice interrupts her victory dance. The echoes of his jordans walking accross the bleachers reach her before he does, "Though nothing less can be expected from the mighty college queen of basket ball."

 She is pleased with his comment. Unlike those modest dweebs, she knew she was that good and she showed it. 

"Yoongi! What are you doing out of your zombie cave so early in the night?", she grinns, turning to meet those dark eyes, "Don't you usually emerge from its dark depths only at dawn?"

He shrugs his leather jacket donned shoulders, "Needed a break."

"From music?", she exaggerates a gasp, "Who are you and what have you done with Min Yoongi?"

He gives her his trademark gummy smile but does not respond. Tucking his hands into his ripped jeans pockets, he stands at the end of the court, looking at her.

Min Yoongi and her- theirs was an unlikely friendship. She was the basketball star of the college girl's team, quite the social butterfly. He was the moody music student who kept to himself most times. Sure, they were both the star students in their respective fields. They each had their own social circles, atleast she did. She was sure he would have one if he got his prescence out of his mini studio. But he couldn't be bothered. People were a hassle, he had said once. It was only their mutual love for photography and a membership in the university photography club that led them to this easy camaraderie. But she was definitely seeing more of him than usual, these recent days.

She waits for him to say something but when he looks like he would'nt, she simply turns back to her practice. This time she aims from the three pointer line- side court. The ball goes in neatly. She jogs forward to retrieve the ball but his hands claim it before she can reach it. 

She straightens up to see him dribble it casually in an arc around her.

"You play?", she is more than a little surprised.

"Minimally. Definitely not anywhere nearly as good as you though", he grunts before shooting it into the hoop. And it's a miss.

It isn't much of a surprise for her. Min Yoongi might be good looking and a musical genius but he at organized sports... or any physical activity for that matter. His 'dare to pass me any sports related equipment if you want to be murdered brutally in your sleep' expression in the mandatory monthly Phys Ed tests was proof enough. 

She teases him, picking up the ball, "You aren't joking when you said minimally."

"Haven't played since middle school", he grimaces.

She shoots again, a two pointer. It rebounds loudly against the board, causing her to mutter, "Dammit", under her breath. 

He picks the ball up again but doesn't shoot. Instead he walks slowly towards her, stopping only when he was close enough to tuck a stray lock of her ebony hair behind her ear. She her eyebrow at the clear invasion of personal space.

"How do you feel about a bet?", he questions, with a grin.

At that her eyebrows go way up, "A bet... on what exactly?"

"A bet on... who can shoot the most number of hoops from the 3 point line in three tries. Winner can make loser slave f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter